• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hate dota?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Santabla wasn't last, he was second last* FIXED.

So you're telling me that throughout this whole thread you haven't said that DotA is a bad game? Nah, didn't think so.

So you played against a feeder, you went after the newfag that constantly went by himself even though he was getting OMGWTFPWNED.

So not controlling your hero is how to play the game? D:

You've argued about as long as I have, we've both 'Fanatically' argued for and against DotA.

P.S Moar points to pick apart pls.

P.P.S This topic really belongs in Mediev's tower, where the smart people look at things

I have to agree with you that this thread belongs to the Mediev's Tower. I've never hated DoTA but because some people have been playing Jackasses I've been avoiding DoTA for a year. I like the game but I don't play it because of that.
I might play it sometimes though with friends(1-4 times a year).

Level 8
I'm not going to quote otherwise this will get annoying to read.

1. How can you assume such things without knowing? Second last? What if I tell you I was third? You'll keep correcting your post to make it correct?
2. Keep updated, it's about what I posted recently. I said I didn't proclaim Dota sucks in this particular post, not the previous ones obviously.
3. It wasn't the same person who was getting owned, they were all different.
4. I said I didn't control my hero properly and not "I didn't control my hero at all".
4. You keep replying to me as if I want to argue about dota with you. This is not a back and forth argument, that argument, you can have it with Andriejj.
You want me to give me more points why I don't find Dota fun (I don't hate them anymore though), I have already given it in my previous posts, my current post was only an experience I recently had with Dota, it's the first time I played this map this year.

How about you give out some points instead (even then I'm not interested in reading them, and I wonder why you're so keen in reading mine) of giving away these brainless replies?

You like Dota, good for you, I have nothing else to say, I don't find Dota fun, thank god.

Last edited:
Level 10
I don't hate it, but I hate the people who play it. The game is very enjoyable to me.

The terrain is decent, it's not suppose to be a shapaz.

Their are a large amount of heroes with all counters that are extremely balanced, all heroes can be defeated by another. But this only works in normal conditions, obviously 1 person can never defeat 2+ people in the long run because it's a team game.

The items are important since some can easily defeat any other people. But yes some are a bit overpowered, but that only works if one person is just really far behind.

Yes it's over-rated and hosted alot, but that is one game that is very popular whether you hate it or not. If your saying it sucks like fuck and shit that and shit this about DotA you must stupid, jealous or your just complaining for attention or something. It's just a game and people play it. Although I hate the flamers and people on it.

Level 8
So if a person thinks Dota sucks, he's automatically labeled stupid, jealous or a seeker of attention? This also implies that if you like Dota, that means you're smart, not jealous and do not seek attention?

Ash

Ash

Level 22
1. How can you assume such things without knowing? Second last? What if I tell you I was third? You'll keep correcting your post to make it correct?
Santabla's a Faggot* FIXED
2. Keep updated, it's about what I posted recently. I said I didn't proclaim Dota sucks in this particular post, not the previous ones obviously.
Thats like saying one days you're a nazi, the otherday you're not, "keep updated" doesn't work.
3. It wasn't the same person who was getting owned, they were all different.
The fights were incredibly boring, everyone just go at one guy and that's it,
So you used ban grammar then, amirite?
4. I said I didn't control my hero properly and not "I didn't control my hero at all".
So you still played the game wrong, amiriteagain?
4. You keep replying to me as if I want to argue about dota with you. This is not a back and forth argument, that argument, you can have it with Andriejj.
I already am. With, practically, every other poster in this thread.
even then I'm not interested in reading them, and I wonder why you're so keen in reading mine
That only proves you're a wanker.
I can't see the point behind stating your own opinions, then refusing to read other peoples when they post them against you. gb2/nazi germany.
You like Dota, good for you, I have nothing else to say, I don't find Dota fun
I'VE BEEN SAYING THAT ALL ALONG.

Thanks again for proving that this thread is going nowhere, the only thing that is happening/going to happen is the 'I LIEK DOTA' 'I DNT LIEK DOTA' argument.

Level 8
1. Bring on the insults :cool:, bring up more homosexuality in a dota topic.
2. How doesn't it work?
3. I said one guy instead of a guy which refers to anyone on the opposing team.
And also, you make me laugh,:xxd: so much for my "ban" grammar.
4.No, fair for dota pub level at least, but I didn't fight like I would if it was DoE because I just didn't need to. And with the 3-4 sec delay, it wasn't worth it when I was already winning.
5. But most of your posts are always replies to other posts.
6. I don't read = I'm a wanker. I say you outsmarted me with your logic.:ugly: How about if I wank, I'll grow hair on my palm? Lol.
And what's up with all these nazi references? You naziholic...Wait, you should correct me! Naziholic is not even a real word!!!
7. You're making it worthless by arguing with me about Dota. I'm not arguing whether Dota is good or not, I just told my experience about my match, if you can't understand that, then too bad for you.

You're getting uptight with this, lol.

NinjasDontFights: I don't mind them as long as they have their own reasons, or if they hate it just because dota is popular, then it's stupid, then again, the same could be applied to people who loves Dota.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
1. Bring on the insults :cool:, bring up more homosexuality in a dota topic.
2. How doesn't it work?
3. I said one guy instead of a guy which refers to anyone on the opposing team.
And also, you make me laugh,:xxd: so much for my "ban" grammar.
4.No, fair for dota pub level at least, but I didn't fight like I would if it was DoE because I just didn't need to. And with the 3-4 sec delay, it wasn't worth it when I was already winning.
5. But most of your posts are always replies to other posts.
6. I don't read = I'm a wanker. I say you outsmarted me with your logic.:ugly: How about if I wank, I'll grow hair on my palm? Lol.
And what's up with all these nazi references? You naziholic...Wait, you should correct me! Naziholic is not even a real word!!!
7. You're making it worthless by arguing with me about Dota. I'm not arguing whether Dota is good or not, I just told my experience about my match, if you can't understand that, then too bad for you.

You're getting uptight with this, lol.

NinjasDontFights: I don't mind them as long as they have their own reasons, or if they hate it just because dota is popular, then it's stupid, then again, the same could be applied to people who loves Dota.

I'm not getting uptight, I'm loling as I always do :)

Bring on the insults :cool:, bring up more homosexuality in a dota topic.
It's an anti dota topic D:

And I mean through out the topic as a whole, with regards to 2 and 7. As for 3, you must have some weird semen if it makes you grow hair on your palms D:

What I meant is that it's somewhat idiotic to post your own points and then shrug others off with a TL;DR approach.

Level 8
what were my points again? Please tell me, what were they?

Oh and please reply to each of my sentences like I did to yours, otherwise you'll be using the TL;DR approach, not me.

Level 12
In DotA you have gold, only gold. The biggest amount is for killing sprees, so the best way is to kill heroes all the time.

Razorbrain, units in DotA keep on spawning after the barracks are lost. You just lose your buffer.

And Santa just proved the valid point, that DotA is about knowledge, not skill.

1. Not correctly true. A person can gain more money from a Creepwave than from a Hero. Even though some heroes can be easily killed and there are not that big creepwaves at all times, Hero Kill = about 300 gold Creepwave with 10 creeps = about 500 gold

2. Yes, but the lane is practicly lost unless there is a hero to support.

3. Then, let me ask you, what "skill" should be needed?

And dont you go ahead and say micro-ing, becouse that is needed to play at a "proffessional" level

Level 7
The things about "skill" I said are against all those, who think DotA is haaard and requires unique skills. It's not any harder than HoSK, LoE, EotA:T, ToB (shit map), AotZ, DoE, SL, Naruto: 3rd Shinobi Wars (if ToB is shit, this a tonne load of crap). Biggest similarity between DotA and HoSK or LoE.

And please, cut down on flame and offensive words. I thought you prefer more indepth discussion, Ash.

Level 19
The things about "skill" I said are against all those, who think DotA is haaard and requires unique skills. It's not any harder than HoSK, LoE, EotA:T, ToB (shit map), AotZ, DoE, SL, Naruto: 3rd Shinobi Wars (if ToB is shit, this a tonne load of crap). Biggest similarity between DotA and HoSK or LoE.

And please, cut down on flame and offensive words. I thought you prefer more indepth discussion, Ash.

Don't expect conversations which isn't in the Mediev's Tower to be without any flame or offensive words.

Level 12

ah, that explains it :p

anyhow, i gotta say something else about DotA that gets me pissed

i was playing a SIG game the other day at DotA League, and was playing Earthshaker

now, the other team were quite good, better than us, but yet me team came up with a reason for us losing, and that reason was me.

Why you ask? I might have ended the game with 3-11 stats, but the main reason they said that it was my fault was becouse i didnt buy the Dagger of Escape.

It didnt matter how nice my Fissures were or when i used Echoslam, they just kept calling me a shitty player

Ash

Ash

Level 22
You might've played badly in that game, sometimes it happens.

However, indepth discussion? For the 9001'st time, this is not a discussion, this is akin to a childish game of "URE GAY, NO U R GAYER".

Level 9
Dude dont even try ur not going to get it trough their thick skulls.They will fuckin stick with DoTa r stpidz thing forever your just waisting internet posts.

Level 9
SotDRP has more morons then Dota so stfu please.The RP community is dieing 'cus you ppl dont want to teach noobs.When i started to RP no one wanted to help me,i had to teach myself.And now im a pro.
Now when i started to play DotA alot of people helped me,although its true some where total jerks.And thats how i learned DotA i still aint pro at DotA although i started playing it before RP's.That discredits your theory of DotA being to easy.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
It all comes down to personal preference. This you like dota or you don't.

It shouldn't of taken 16 pages to establish this, this thread is dead. We're looping around "dota sucks, dota r pro" or "map x is better than map y". We've came off topic more times than an anorexic skips meals.

This thread can't have a logical end; let it die whilst it still has some saving grace.

Level 14
No actually.. he's right.. plus this thread has gone on far too long.. it has turned into nothing but spam.. if you, any of you, have any sense just stop posting in it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
There are far too many of these threads on this site.

All in all hatting DotA with little reason goes nowhere. Rather spend that efforot on helping people or making a new good map than spamming DotA hate.

Thread closed unless some other mod decided to purge it of usless spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.