1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

"Hate Crimes"

Discussion in 'Medivh's Tower' started by ~Void~, Jan 17, 2009.

1. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think this is an issue. It's a bit unfair, if you ask me. Take this for example. I beat up a white kid, I get charged with assault. But if I beat up a black kid, I get charged with assault and all of a sudden it's a "Hate Crime", and I get double the sentence and a whole shitload of negative publicity.

Does this even make sense? I say if you are going to kill someone you hate them already whether they are black, white or purple.

2. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't think they'd really charge you with hate crime unless it was really involved.

But yeah, people have gotten so sensitive with what you are.

3. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I often wonder about this issue aswell and I don't understand why minorities have more rights in most cases if we are all equal.

No way I want to be anti-semitic, really, but I've heard a story that in Budapest (capital city of my country) there was a jewish festival a year ago. At 1 o'clock in the morning some jewish guys were shouting on the streets while walking home, and some non-jewish man, who was trying to sleep threatened to call the police on them. The guys went away and soon the police came and took away the man who was trying to sleep, even tough he didn't call them. The sleeping man was charged with anti-semitism and nazism and was almost imprisoned for it, even tough he was unaware that the shouting guys were jewish and just wanted to sleep.

I really don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard of numerous other cases like this, happening with gipsies (they are the biggest minority in our country) like the Bus sword fighting (a person belonging to the gipsy minority tried to rob a guy, and the guy he wanted to rob stabbed him with a katana), or the teacher's assassination in Olaszliszka (a white teacher was beaten to death by a group of angry gipsies whose girl he almost hit, ofc the gipsies weren't accused with racism). The people who assaulted (?) gispies them were all charged with racism, while the gispies who assaulted white people were not.

I really don't have anything against any other races, I consider every human equal, no matter the skin color, religion, etc., and I expect other people to do the same. Governments should stop treating people differently, and shouldn't charge anyone with deliberate racistic assault until at least there is concrete evidence.

4. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It happens everywhere. It's ridiculous.

Someone get's a bad mark on a test: "It's because I'm black isn't it?!"

No, it's because you're fucking stupid. It's getting obnoxious these days.

5. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mr. brad.dude, are you saying blacks are stupid?

6. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Can you read? I'm saying that the fucking retard in the example is because he is insisting that he got bad marks because he's black, not because he's retarded.

7. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Brad you're a moderator. You know what to do.

8. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    fine i'll stop.

But Boraq Obama is a good reason why the government isn't so mean to blacks anymore.

9. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Haha, thats exactly what happened to my English Teacher with a bunch of aborigines. The kids were complaining about it saying she was racist and they were gonna report her, she just said "No, its not because you are black, white, purple or yellow, its because you are terrible at completing a simple test/exam"

The world is screwed up, face it. Why else do you think I have afew screws loose? Hell, even I use to think I deserved more than others becuase of a stupid label, but now I see both sides of the fence and I am deeply ashamed of what I use to preach and enforce on others... I now try to tear off the delusion people have that was similiar to mine.

What makes me more annoyed is minorities get more in terms of advantages, yet when you ever complain about it or point out flaws suddenly you are being racist or homophobic. :/

I mean, if you have a hetrosexual parade and start wearing tight leather straps, bondage clothing and kink wear and groping as many people as you can, HOLY SHIT. BAN IT. Not just becuase its so smutty, but becuase you are suddenly being magically homophobic for having pride in your own damn orientation that doesnt involve homosexuals or bi's.

But its perfectly A-OK for homosexuals to segregate themselves, thrusting their groins, groping other men and licking their bodies while wearing tight leather or bondage wear.. ohh..its fine....They are just celebrating their pride, BUT WAIT..dont say anything bad about it becuase then you are being homophobic!
    Yeah. they want respect and dignity, HELL, they PREACH about injustice. But seeing a bunch of horny men or lesbians trying to dry hump and grope eachother in public half naked isnt going to give you the respect you THINK you deserve, and you wonder why people dislike your "group".

I mean, if I was male and a male was trying to sexually harrass me or take advantage of me and im hetro, I punch him or tell him to fuck off using some gay insultive term then HE is the victim, not me. His offenses for harrassment are nothing compared to a single word I used in self defence.

But words do make a difference, but words can easily be made up. If you ever use any homophobic or racist comments in the act of defense of your own rights then usually you are the one thats kicked in the groin. Problem is, they use their difference to their advantage and lie about the situation. And of course, who are they going to beleive huh? Yeah, typical. If they dont listen, then wow, suddenly thats a racist or homophobic act!

The world is a sick sick place, yet its so familiar and homely and it was meant for us filthy rancist foul humans.

People are easily drawn to ignorance, everyones perception is an illusion, but no perception is ever truly the "right one".

10. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    This.

11. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Now you see what I've been doing for as long as I've known you.

12. Mor)L(unE

Mor)L(unE

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I must note that from what i derive, the whole racism issue in America is dam sensitive. Much much worse then in other parts of the world. I got framed on this forum using the N-word, which, unlike in holland/europe, is taboo. Why is the situation in America so sensitive?

13. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Nigger" is considered an offensive term in the US. Your use of offensive terms was inconsistent in my view, so it was hard to tell if you were being sarcastic or what; I was only letting you know that.

14. Mor)L(unE

Mor)L(unE

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I used it to merely address "not sure if i use the right word" the sub-sahara africans the N-word is more precise then "black man. And in holland perfectly fine to use, if with the right intention. But lets not whine about that. i just want to know what makes racism such a huge issue in America. Is it because of the "black people have lesser rights" history?

15. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    People get so over-blown about hate-crimes, but thats the way people are. They either going to over-react to it, because they think they should or something, or they're going to use it for their own personal benefit.

16. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not one of these threads again.

As an anarchist, and the acknowledgment of true freedom, on this day, I am officially racist. For the hell of it.
    One leads to the other.

17. Mor)L(unE

Mor)L(unE

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    And yet it needs to start somewere.

18. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well what causes that is someone is too proud to admit that the accuser is right, so instead they look for something to blame it on. If that reason can get everyone to look down upon the accuser until he backs off, no wonder they choose it.

19. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No. It is simply because he is stupid, not because he is black. If you think that one leads to the other (he is black because he is stupid or vice-versa), that is racism. Again, does't matter if he is white, black, purple or jew, he is just stupid.

True. Yeah, that's the cause of a lot of things...

20. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That is what I said.