• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Harry Potter Final Showdown

Keywords:
Harry Potter, Fight, Battle, Epic, Showdown, Wand, Magic, Spell, Cinematic, Voldemort, Hogwarts
Contents

Harry Potter Final Showdown (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet21:10, 19th Oct 2013700 Battle of Heroes (Tested Version 1.2b) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D RateScorePercentLetter...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet21:10, 19th Oct 2013

194715-albums6441-picture75028.png

Battle of Heroes (Tested Version 1.2b)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"The cinematic seems stiff and has not given enough 'epic action' across the whole show, I'm expecting the fight scene of Harry Potter(Apprentice Wizard) and Voldemort(Black-Scaled Blood Mage) started on the top of the school before that long laser-pointing-laser scene came, what's funny about the scene is that after Neville Longbottom(Arthas with Sword) Killed Nagini(no where to be seen), The blood mage's death animation took place, its so funny that it is so wrong for that scene to happen."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain is pretty plain, but you manage to make up a good structural doodad, and the fog gave way. I suggest you work more on rubbles and dead corpses for the scene to make it realistic with the actual movie scripts."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Overall map can be useful, the fight scene is lacking and I hope you can make it more static in the newer versions along with better doodad making."

Total Score: (Gameplay[x/5] + Terrain[x/5] + Management[x/5] / Total Score[15] * 50 + 50)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
8/1577%C

Screenshot Tutorial

HOW TO ADD A SCREENSHOT TO YOUR MAP DESCRIPTION !!!

1. Open the map. This works in game or in world editor so you can do both.

2. Find angles you like. (in world editor you can scroll way out and then press
key_CTRL.png
and then keep scrolling - this will roll back the shadow and let you view the entire map from a distance. This looks really nice and shows the full map in more detail).
dddd5fff-ca77-4c97-b211-9bbabdd25310_zps7cb8bc27.jpg

3. Press
Print-Screen-Button-42x42.jpg
&
key_CTRL.png
Control + "Print Screen" at the same time. This will save a screenshot to your clipboard.

4. Open Paint.
64px-Paint_Windows_7_icon.png

5. Click paste.
pastebttn-m.gif
or press control + "V"
key_CTRL.png
&
key_v.gif
at the same time. Now you should have a screenshot in Paint. If its a World Editor screenshot, crop the edges to remove the white user interface.

6. Save
file_save.png
file as a .jpg or .png. The go to
226052-albums6627-picture73645.png
add album and create an album. The click
upload_pictures.png
and select the image file you just saved.

7. Now
378324d5ea7e30838fa64b6e12fa99c9_72616.jpg
your description and add these BBcode tags before and after the image URL. [img] Image URL Here .jpg [/img] To get the image URL view the picture in you web browser and right-click on it. Then choose Copy Image Address (sometimes called copy image URL)
0511TumblrReblog06.jpg

This will copy the image URL to your clip board and the you can paste it between the BBcode tags.

[SIZE="3"]8.[/SIZE] Save the description and view your new screenshot! Also consider using [hidden=hidden tags][plain][hidden=hidden tags] Screenshot here [/hidden][/plain][/hidden][/B][/COLOR][/box][/table][/hidden]

Hey, no problem. This cinematic looks really awesome. I haven't gotten home to my PC with WE but those screenshots look fantastic. The arena looks really good. People might want to use it for a hero arena, you should mention whether you mind if people use it (giving you credit for the terrain of course). Who knows, someone might turn it into a Harry Potter game.

Level 1
I don't mind people using it for a hero arena but as you can see it wasn't entirely built, it was designed for a cinematic. If people request a full playable arena I will upload an updated version of this one. Maybe I'll make a game of this myself.

Level 10
Gonna test this one... Also try to give a Review :D
Edit : Didn't saw ! This is cinematic :3
Attack on Review !
Harry Potter Final Showdown

Review

Map Info
CINEMATIC - The epic battle between Harry and Voldemort. I had to improvise a little because I was limited by the WC3 engine. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.
Goods :
  • Great Terrain !
  • Doodads placed properly
  • Special effects in battle is really cool
  • Camera system is working properly.
  • Fog placed properly.
Bads :
?

Overall :

Terrain : 5/5
Units : 5/5
Spells : 5/5
[Rainbow]

5/5

[/Rainbow]

Approval

+Rep

Fix Your Description !

[self=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/map-description-generator-1-2-a-224558/?prev=org%3D1%26search%3DDescription%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20]Map Description Genertor By Vengeancekael
[/self]

Level 10
Make sure to add some trees in the background even with the fog you can tell it is bare in the distance, and maybe speed up the part where the snake gets killed and voldemort reacting to this.

Also add dirt tile underneath the rubble, and maybe try use a second tile path within the path already to make it it look mire decorative. Also may just raise the terrain a tiny bit in the castle, just a tiny bit.

I found this entertaining as I have watched the movies and was a good interpretation to wc3

Level 16
I like the camera angles used in the cinematic.

However, the volume levels lack dynamics. You need to pump up the volume of that intense fight. Add some sound effects of the Voldemort's and Harry's magic crashing together. Maybe disable unit death sounds and add a more fitting sound to Voldemort's death, then add some more quiet and sorrow music.

Btw, who is the paladin? Despite being a fan made Harry Potter cinematic, try to add depth to the map and explain things a little more without the use of boring dialogue. The paladin sort of hit the air and souls went into the sky, then Voldemort appeared to die. But strangely enough, he got back up for round 2 with Harry.

You could also make use of some fade filters to make the scene a little more dramatic. Maybe white flashes and lightning sounds to match here and there (since strong forces of magic seem to be clashing together, such an effect would be fitting).

Up to you. Nice cinematic as it is. Well done.

Level 1
@Radicool Thank you for your review.

First of all, I don't know if you read the description but, as I said, I was limited by the warcraft 3 world editor, so I couldn't make it exactly as it was in the movie... I had to improvise.

Now...

There is a sound effect of the "Voldemort's and Harry's magic crashing together". You probably didn't hear it because the volume was low(as it was in the movie). After his death there is a "quiet and sorrow music" - Voldemort's End(IT IS THE EXACTLY TRACK USED IN THE MOVIE, again the volume is a little low because warcraft 3 makes it like that, I had to convert the volume of the soundtrack to 200%, and yes it is still quiet).
I worked with what sound effects I found. If you have better share them (Unless I extract the whole sequence from the movie, there's nothing I can do to change them).

The paladin is supposed to be Neville ( I haven't found a proper model, so I used Arthas because of his sword).
How can I explain things when this is just a scene extracted from a movie and put in to Warcraft 3 engine?
Haven't found proper model of the snake.
The part where Voldemort "faints" or smth like that could use some work, I agree about that ( but remember in the movie there were some scenes with Ron and Hermione there).

I don't know what cinematic did you watch, cause this one got flashes when the 2 spells clashed together (but in the movie weren't any flashes).

In the movie there weren't any flashes or any notable sound effects ( excepting the part were Nagini dies for which I couldn't find the SFX for that).
I watched the "Voldemort's End" scene countless times and this is just an interpretation of it. Can't wait for anyone else to do better (out of curiousity).

Hope I answered your concerns.

PS: This is action-packed cinematic, not story-driven.
PSS: This is my first map posted on the Hiveworkshop basically because I made this map for myself and I decided to share it with everyone else. I admit I was a little sceptical about posting it here because I knew the Hive has high sort of standards or smth.

Level 1
Amazing work. Scenery is outstanding. I learned a lot from this Cinematic, and I was stunned after seeing it.

I hope that means something, even from a noob like me.