• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HappyTauren vs obie - remix each other's 9th music contest entries

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hive Workshop

Challenge Request

Challenge Arena Rules:

• No submissions may violate any of the site rules (Rules & Information)
  • Challenge results must be bug-free.
  • At least 1 WIP must be submitted
  • 1 screenshot as a confirmation
Challenger:
@HappyTauren

Opponent(s):
@obie

Challenge Type:
Music Production/Composition/Cover/Remix

Challenge Theme:
Remix the opponent's music piece that was submitted in the 9th music contest. The remix aspect extends to changing the structure of the compositions, removing certain parts, even adding new parts, repeating certain parts (or removing the repetition), changing tempo, etc. Basically, the remix is not a 1:1 cover at any rate, but rather a re-structuring and re-composition of the musical piece to suit a different style and thought process.

The challenge starts when both contestants are ready for it, although the entries can be started before the challenge officially starts (since the purpose of it is to kill time until the next big contest). If a judge doesn't finish judging two weeks from the contest end, a new judge will be selected, that both contestants would agree on.

Challenge Duration:
10 Days

Proposed Reputation Award:
15 Reputation Points

Challenge Judges:
TBD, two judges

Challenge conditions:
The remix can be started on 21.1.2018. afterwards.

Starting Date - Deadline:
from whenever this officially starts - 31.1.2018. OR when both are finished

Extensions possible:
up to 10 days

Last edited:
Level 9
I have some unofficial production analysis experience in the form of online music classes (where analyzing works is part of the lessons) and comparing my own work to other professional creations. But someone with more real experience may be better. I could be a potential/backup judge if no one else pans out?

Level 16
I have some unofficial production analysis experience in the form of online music classes (where analyzing works is part of the lessons) and comparing my own work to other professional creations. But someone with more real experience may be better. I could be a potential/backup judge if no one else pans out?
There are space for two judges. You can be the actual judge, actually.

The only person that I know really does music production in these parts is @Kwaliti, but I want to refrain from saying he should judge, because he's been a personal friend of mine for the last 12 years. As such, even if he'd not be biased (because he's a professional), I think someone more neutral in general should be recruited for this.

Here's my first, (unofficial?) WIP. Since I said we can work on this from 21.1 onwards, it's not a problem to post the WIP(s) even now.

Anyway, this is probably going to get reworked in the future (especially when I add heavy guitar parts to the latter part of the song).

Attachments

• Remix.mp3
    1.1 MB · Views: 94

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Well, so I can feel like I contributed... This guy apparently does music stuff a lot; might be Judge-worthy?
@Eric Matyas

I don't know what that's referring to, I just wanted to make this because obie was hell bent on working on something, just like me, so I kind of don't really care if the challenge even gets accepted xD If it does, then cool, we'll get some judges for the stuff, etc.
I was being a little facetious; I did the exact same thing right next-door in a V2 of a Challenge of my own design (so we could begin working on our entries before the Challenge got approved, same as you). : ) I just thought I thought of it myself, and considered it delightfully devilish. ;P

Level 4
It's all in good fun. Like HT said, it doesn't really matter who the judges will be, we're doing this because the last contest sparked our interest for more. :)

Level 4
I'm still up for it. I have the rough take recorded but I had to put it on hold due to a busy schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.