1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Happy 15th Birthday Warcraft 3!

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    No quote from me? I am kind of disappointed!

15 years already, man time flies fast!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  2. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This is so cool. And surreal. I was 12 when it first came out, but I probably didn't play it until a year or two later (my family always got games late). I was a silly boy, making Sonic & Imhotep heroes... 17 years later I'm a husband of 5 years, father of 2, and still modding. It's pretty cool.

3. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is why.

Just kidding DSG, love ya <3

4. aple

aple

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I wouldn't be into computers. I wouldn't be a gamer. I wouldn't be a memer. All of the friends I have now, I wouldn't have. I would have no idea what Internet culture is like. I would just be a completely different person without StarCraft: Brood War and WarCraft III.

5. Wa666r

Wa666r

Resources:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This was my first strategy game I ever played. I remember the days when I was able to get on the computer, and instantly got massive smile on my face as Warcraft 3 loaded up. I never stopped playing it, I couldn't - everything was just so great about the game. Then I discovered how much I love fiddling around with the world editor. In school I would carry around a little notebook where I wrote all the ideas I could to create the factions. No game comes in comparison with regards to how much time I played Warcraft 3.

6. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Is that what the little dude on your avatar is playing, then? : P

7. LordTalbot

LordTalbot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Warcraft 3 was the first game that I bought in a shop and played online. That was summer of 2004 when I first had a mashine that was capable of running it. So for me it's "only" 14 years ago, but it was still enough to consume a noteable part of my youth :p I didn't play much else online between 2004 and 2009 until the 1.24 patch left a huge cut in the online fun and playability. Stil played it public online until 2011 until we weren't able to get a full game of "footmen frenzy 4.2 -ar" even with bringing 5 premade players of 12 necessary players :(

Still playing it premade now and then and mapping for it though. :cool:

8. Wa666r

Wa666r

Resources:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Precisely :)

9. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am sure that you will be quoted once StarCraft 2 reaches 15 years.
    Maybe even at 10.

10. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Such inspiring quotes, Happy Birthday Warcraft 3, You've been a "Building Blocks" to Virtual life.

11. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hail to the Craft, may it last eternally.

12. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    lol I think we've all been through that.

I gotta admit I can't believe how WC3 community is still so friendly and supportive, in comparison to others. All other game communities are so full of toxic behaviour. What happens here?

13. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You gotta compare us to other modding communities; gaming communities are inherently competitive, which *can* breed that toxicity.

14. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Did you see me in chat?^^

15. LordTalbot

LordTalbot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    true, however our Half life league forum and community was largely positive and friendly for many years... until slowly going more and more toxic in the recent years up to a point where I minimized forum usage as far as possible. It just went completly out of hand

Indeed: here we are all working more or less on the same side ;) TWHL (The Whole Half life) community is also still ticking and overall friendly and sorted... and even older than the hive workshop, but it is to be fair a little smaller and less active.

16. tomoraider

tomoraider

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can't believe it's been 15 years already. It was 2007 when I first played the game, and the blood elf campaign was my favorite from the beginning. My first modding creations were just basic maps where I'd recreate the blood elf techtree from the campaign, and I've always wanted to play more with that race. In 2010 I decided to make my own blood elf campaign, and after so many updates, I think I can finally say I only truly finished it this year. It makes me quite happy that I fulfilled that little childhood dream of mine. I think Warcraft 3 is definitely the game I invested the most time in, and as much fun as I had with any other game, I don't think anything can surpass the satisfaction I had while testing the stuff I made in the World Editor.

17. Michael the Boombringer

Michael the Boombringer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks like I am quite late to the party.

Happy birthday warcraft 3
    After so much time we see
    Our beloved game still thriving
    There's still a large community
    Never dying.

Since we were young we've played this game
    It's like an ever-burning flame
    That inspires us even at this stage
    With passion, let us now exclaim:
    "This game will never age!"

I was 6 when I got this game. A friend of my parents came to us and pirated it for me. That was quite a long time ago, I had Reign of Chaos patch 1.05.
    When I was six, of course, I knew nothing of strategy, micro etc. I just loved to build peasants. By the time I was 8, I had already completed the first 3 missions of the human campaign and I wanted to be able to do more. I searched warcraft 3 on youtube ( though I barely knew what youtube was) and I found a lot of casters (which I didn't like, I was a kid and I wanted live gameplay and commentary). That's when I discovered wtii, who really helped me improve. Then I discovered Alphcarus, who was a campaign player. I loved campaigns so much that I decided to create one myself (and after quite some time, I succeeded). Night elves have always been my favourite. I like that old and ancient feeling associated with them if you understand what I mean. 3 years ago I pirated Frozen Throne and downloaded w3arena. I was so happy to play online. Later I discovered other players, like Funnywarcraft3 and YetAnotherYoutuber and also began to read the lore and play WoW. But I still consider warcraft 3 to be far greater than WoW. A few months ago, I began to appreciate casters and now I'm addicted to tournaments.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  18. ChinChopperChinChopper!(

ChinChopperChinChopper!(

Resources:
    Resources:
    I remember when my brother spoke, as soon as the TFT arrived at the store "Buy the TFT I bought the ROC, it's very fucking this game, you will not regret it".
    The BEST game! ( :

19. The Wolf Studios

The Wolf Studios

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lok'tar Ogar for Warcraft III. Played it since I could remember.

20. Graetgames

Graetgames

Resources:
    Resources:
    Man 15 years already haha. I first played it since i was a toddler, gone to Battle.net since i was 12, mum remove the online feature for Battle.net and rejoin 1 year later :D Happy birthday Warcraft 3