• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hammer of Thor v1.08

Summons the legendary Hammer of Thor to the hero's aid from the skies. The hammer hovers in the air, and launches projectiles at enemies nearby. After a while the hammer slams the ground, stunning and setting enemies on fire for three seconds. After the slam, the hammer rises up back to heaven.

Hammer of Thor is GUI, MUI and leakless.

The spell is easily configurable. You can configure

*Base damage of the projectile
*Ability level bonus damage
*Projectile range
*Spell duration
*Slam AoE
*Slam base damage
*Slam ability level bonus damage
*Burn damage
*Burn & stun duration

The spell uses imported hammer model, which is taken from an existing Blizzard model. It also uses a custom dummy unit with imported model.

Credits to Vexorian (I believe) for dummy.mdx.

v1.01
Fixed location leaks.
Replaced a BJ with non-BJ.
Icon changed from passive to active.
Projectile dummies now have locust.

v1.02
Changed the lines that turn off the periodic triggers from the end of the triggers to right after units are removed from the unit group. This makes the spell require less CPU time.

v1.05
Changed stun to be added by creating a dummy unit and oredring it to use Storm Bolt on units.
Removed one trigger, added its function to another trigger. This solved a bug that caused the hammer sometimes to not slam to the ground.
Fixed a MUI issue on burn effects.
Removed one wait, it was pointless. Using a timer bound to the hammer now.

v1.06
The hammer now unleashes the energies contained in it's enchantment as it slams the groung, causing it's effects to vanish.

v1.07
Better tooltip.
Units are now set on fire like they should be.
Added locust to the hammer dummy.

v1.08
Fixed a bug that cause dummy units not to be cleared when their target was dead.

Keywords:
Hammer of thor holy paladin slam
Contents

Hammer of Thor (Map)

Reviews
15:56, 4th Oct 2009 TriggerHappy187: As I said in my review, this spell is awesome. Rated Recommended.
Level 5
spell isnt working for me - i imported it in my map (i setted every corupted unit create to your dummy unit) and still when i cast spell, it show falling hammer, slaming ground without any damage and withou staying (hovering) in air and dealing damage like on your testing map, i just drop from sky, slam and come back up again without damage and hovering. Where can be problem? PLEASE HELP I WANT YOUR SPELL T_T its so coool

EDIT: Oh, i didnt create hashtable at start, now it is working

Last edited:

FSK

FSK

Level 5
some guidance on how to import would have been appreciated. Theres no reason users should have to fix commands to create the same unit over and over again. Just make a unit type variable so we only have to fix it once and dont have to pour through your code to find them.