1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Halloween Horrors GOLD V2.6 FIXED

Submitted by Kildare
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
It's Halloween night and two mischievious kids are planning to disguise themselves as monsters and scare the adults in Halloween Town. However, unknown to the pair, two evil spirits have possessed them and had literally turned them into monsters!

Goals: You must survive and destroy all your opponents to win the game!

Keywords:
Vampirism, Halloween, Horror, Tag, Survival, Farmer
Contents

Halloween Horrors GOLD V2.6 FIXED (Map)

Reviews
19:06, 19th Dec 2008 Rui: "Halloween Horrors" was originally designed by Pheonix-IV (I had the honor to play it with him personally). The map is not bad, but there is plenty of room for improvement. Check my full review here. With a rating of...
  1. 19:06, 19th Dec 2008
    Rui:
    "Halloween Horrors" was originally designed by Pheonix-IV (I had the honor to play it with him personally). The map is not bad, but there is plenty of room for improvement.

Check my full review here. With a rating of approximately 3 (Useful), this map is Approved.

2. Malvodion

Malvodion

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i can help you? i have a lot of ideas for this map.

3. Kildare

Kildare

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol? Well...i'm ok with suggestions, but i have to tell you i won't be accepting anymore ideas for new horrors, as 12 horrors is way too much already. lol

If it's something else, then suggest away! :)

4. Jessica Smith

Jessica Smith

Resources:
    Resources:
    oh put PRYAMID HEAD in it off of silent hill google the pics of him ill help.

5. Kildare

Kildare

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Uhh...if that's a monster then no thx. As i just said, 12 is way too many monsters as it is.

6. undeddy

undeddy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hellow. What are your favourite strateges in this map when playing humans?

7. Kildare

Kildare

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hallow. Strategies? Lol...playing styles depend on what kind of horror your enemies take.

8. undeddy

undeddy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've played a number of games (for humans). My opponent has always chosen Pumpkin (I don't remember its real name, but it's a horror with a pumpkin instead of its head). I should say that it's very difficult to resist him due tp his ability of makinh a human... Besides he is very quick.
    I suppose that it's necessary to build up your base from all the holes, otherwise you just won't notice him, when he'll come to kill your farmer.
    To my mind, Archangel is a very might hero against any Horror, but it takes some time to be able to train it.

So, what are your advice?

P.S. The map is really funny and interesting.

9. Kildare

Kildare

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol....to be honest, the Pumpkin King is only useful for newbies and average human players. More experienced players will shoot it on sight as it is very easy to identify a fake farmhand, due to its colour and hitpoints. The main point here is that you, as a human player, should NEVER take your eyes off your Farmer.

10. undeddy

undeddy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thx.
    Is it reasonable to create several bases or you should try to create and fortify one base?

11. Kildare

Kildare

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Of coz it's better to fortify one base. You only resort to several bases if ur first base is compromised. Besides, you don't have the luxury of time to spread out your base.

12. cortezz

cortezz

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is one of my favorite maps to play, I only have few slight problems. Building walls and tower are useless there not very strong compared just buying one angel and easily killing the horrors without building one tower or other unit. SO usually a game comes down to getting the angel as quick as you can and than you win pretty much.

13. Kildare

Kildare

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually, that's one of the most common misconceptions i've ever encountered in the game. You've obviously had not encountered any skilled and experienced Horror players. Getting an archangel DOES NOT guarantee that you can win. In fact, any level 6-10 horror, with proper teamwork/skill, can defeat a level 3-5 archangel. And you forget that Archangels are only a liability against a Horror like the Death Reaper. Even if you CAN'T get rid of enemy archangels, with proper tactics, you can actually lure and hunt down their Farmers, as it is during this time that they take their eyes off them, leaving them extra vulnerable. I've seen games where the Horrors were fighting against 5 or so farmers with Level 10 archangels, and STILL WIN.

Also, have you actually max upgraded the walls and building hitpoint upgrade at the Mill? They're actually quite tough already. The reason why i don't want it any tougher is because i want to avoid human players from camping. The main point for this game is not to hide forever, but rather to survive long enough to COUNTER-ATTACK.

14. Biasoli

Biasoli

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are you working on a new version?

15. Kildare

Kildare

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not at the moment. Sorry. If there's a new version it'll probably just be bug and imbalance fixes. However you're welcome to give me new ideas. :)

16. Mokoshotar

Mokoshotar

Resources:
    Resources:
    'Nuff said. lol

Ya, in older versions, I found it really, really hard to get into a Humans base late game, especially when they've all based close together and can immediately help eachother out.

17. Kildare

Kildare

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol. well, this map was initially modded from Pheonix-IV's Harvest Horrors(with his permission of coz). And since he abandoned that project, i kinda took over and made it into my own map. The reason why it's "Halloween" Horrors now is because there was a time i submitted it for the Halloween Map contest.

You could say that this map is 90% my work and 10% Pheonix's(or maybe 5%).

18. Paladia

Paladia

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've played this map quite some times and the same thing always happens. Human gets arch angel and the game is over as it is so strong. I've never actually seen the humans lose.

Sure, the horrors may be newbies, but so were the humans. Why not balance or the design the game so it works well in the majority of the games instead of balancing it just for the one rare game where there is actually some pro horror?

Another thing is that gold is too easy to come by, with 24 farms going you'll have pretty much unlimited lumber and since you can buy gold for a measly 500 lumber, you also have unlimited gold.

19. Kildare

Kildare

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Haha i knew someone would eventually say that. You know...in my case, the OPPOSITE happens. The farmers feed so badly that even an archangel can't kill the evils, unless that archangel is above lvl 6(and even then it is still possible to kill it). If you could only play one game with me as an evil, you'll realize what i mean. lol I've told to this to someone before, out of every 20 or so times i play, there's only 1 or 2 times that i get defeated. And even then, the most probable reasons are due to a serious mistake on my part, or the inefficiency/lack of teamwork on my partner's part. It is very rare for me to lose if i have a good teammate with me.

Anyway, i'm trying my best to balance the game out so that at the eventuality that there's a balance of pros between both sides, the game would be in a "stalemate" or at least moderately difficult for both teams to win. This is why i really need good feedback.

In fact, in the version before this, i've made it triple the difficulty in getting resource upgrades for the Farmers. But then it was too overbalanced that even I found difficulty in playing it. Hence this version was "retoned" down a little. As for the 24 farms thing, it's not so much that the game is imbalanced but more so that the nightmare players are totally bumbling fools? One of the main keys to winning the game is to make sure you cut off the Human players' resource capabilities. Another key is that you do it FAST before they manage to get up strong enough defenses to counter you. Most of the time, Nightmare players tend to waste their time hitting worthless buildings that do not give gold upon destroying, and worse, do not give you any form of exp at all. The important thing is to bypass things such as farms and walls and go for the defense towers or farmhands. Mills are also an important target, as it stops their research capabilities.

However, i think you may be correct about one thing(though few farmer players, at least in my games, actually make use of it) though. Perhaps i should make banks sell off 1 gold for 1k lumber and 500 lumber for 1 gold? I think i'll give it a try.