• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hail to the Dark Elves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Seriously. The Dark Elves are, in my opinion, the most powerful player. They can easily manage a strong defensive, conserving their most powerful units, before beginning a deadly crusade; especially if they ally with, say, High Elves, Empire or Barbarians.

There's probably something I'm missing, but it doesn't really look to me as if they're as easy to beat as, really, any other nation. The Empire is about as powerful, but the Empire is in the middle of everything, with a half-dozen spawns it needs to protect. I mean, given that Blakoth isn't automatic any more, I'd probably rather be the Dark Elves then Satyrs; the Dark Elves are in an out-of-the-way corner with the ability to ally.

Power differences such as these are mainly an issue when the majority of players don't know about them; they assume that the map is made by someone 'out there' who has designed perfect balance. The more skilled you get, the more likely you are to realize that there are minor issues; the point I'm driving towards is that the Dark Elves are scariest when everyone assumes that they're the equal of any other player.

My suggestions would be to either nerf the Dark Elf necromancers (Reduce amount of mana and/or mana regeneration), or nerf the Dark Elf hydras (Reduce the power of the mini-hydras, or the life of the normal one).

It's still a really fun map, though.

Level 9
I'm going to nerf the mini-hydras, it's been planned for a while, I initially removed poison on the hydras to see if that was part of the problem, but obviously to little effect, I also made them cost more food, but that didn't help either. So I guess they need a real nerf.

I Aggree that dark elves are really strong in the hands of a good user, especially if their ignored, but if you didn't know, a good barbarian who isnt with DE will rush him and kill him before he's a threat. This is dangerous because barbarian leaves himself open to pandaren.

Level 3
Really... When I tried the Barbarian Rush, against the Pandas actually, I got bogged down in towers and couldn't do anything.

I guess I don't know any good Barbarian players, just good DE players. And I'm glad that the Dark Elves are getting reduced in power, even if not vastly.

Status
Not open for further replies.