1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gulf War1.3.1 Desert Storm

Submitted by Ham Ham
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is the BETA version of my Gulf War map.

I have created this game by many reasons.
People told that my WW3 map was so complex and hard to understand, so, I have created this one, thats much simpler. You get credits mining oil, and the mission is to destroy the enemy cities. Very simple.

Although, this map has AI for computer players, my fixed Aircraft system, and a new system made by me, that allow tanks to fire while moving. I hope you will enjoy it.

Basic Game Concept:
- Get resources sending your laborers to mine on Oilfields
- Destroy the enemy cities.
- If an unit runs out of ammo, send it back to a Supply Depot to reload his weapon.

Have Fun!

More units will be added on the next versions.

Keywords:
War, Desert, Iraq, Modern Warfare, Gulf, Desert Storm
Contents

Gulf War1.3.1 Desert Storm (Map)

Reviews
15:01, 21st Nov 2009, by Rui(#53): «I think this map has potential; balance issues aside, it is somewhat fun and certainly original and is enchanted by the good choice of imports. Right now, however, it needs revision. My rating is 2,5 / 5.»
  1. Darkkranko

Darkkranko

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea i know.But could make us and al qaeda work.

2. Link006

Link006

Resources:
    Resources:
    How did you make the Mana-Ammo system

I like the whole map, especially how the ammo worked for infantry and vehicles,but the airplanes didn't work so well. Bombers don't always bomb when they have full ammo and are told to attack. sometimes they just hover right next to the unit they want to bomb and don't do anything. And when selecting a group of planes, you have to hunt down each one while they are flying constantly and are hard to select. Maybe there should be an ability that an airport has to call all planes to it? Or a quick way to select all panes in a certain part of the map. Also, the planes with missiles, like the migs and Mirage F1 never run out of missiles, even if they are out of mana. So if a city doesn't have air defenses, you can send a mass of Mirage F1 fighters over a city to keep shooting rockets until there is nothing left. I really like that the anti air guns can shoot down the planes, and when they crash, it can damage other units. Maybe the bunkers should be able to keep infantry inside them though, because if a base is getting bombarded by artillery, the infantry shouldn't just going to stand there and wait to get hit.

3. Doditooo

Doditooo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can it be played single player against an AI?

4. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've played this around 5 times online. It's a decent diplomacy/altered melee/risk type map, almost very RP like. Could be really fun when there is a full house and people are acting sooo diplomatic :D

Of course, you can do it the traditional way. But I find this fun when everyone is semi-roleplaying.

5. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I wonder if anyone who played this map is still around. I have been planning to do a total rebalance of gameplay and re-release this map.