1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gul'Dan

Submitted by Tauer
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is a model of Gul'Dan the warlock from the game Warcraft II. Please give credit if you use it in a map. Thanks to General Frank for making it work ingame :D
Update: He now has one attack and one spell animation, instead of two attack animations.

Keywords:
gul'dan
Contents

Gul'Dan (Model)

Gul'Dan (Model)

Reviews
» Wolverabid « [Date = 5th of August, 2007] [Approval status = Approved] [Rating = (8) Awesome!] [Main points] [x] Gul'Dan is stable and useful.
  1. SlAyEr_oF_GoDs

SlAyEr_oF_GoDs

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Mahucharn: just thinking about that would make him look more bad-ass like. But then again that form of his wouldn't fit oh so well on the horse.

So many wasted childhood hours on that.

2. Nerv91.Slayer

Nerv91.Slayer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Omg !!!!!! Gul'dan on a horse ..niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :D I love warlocks and now i got a warlock on a horse great job!!!!!

3. TheSecretArts

TheSecretArts

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    You are a self-rightouss fool... You don't understand ANYTHING!
    To clear things up,
    at the end of the first war,
    Gul'dan promises Orgrim new warriors, he takes his fallen warlocks, necrolytes, and such, and imbues their souls into gems which were placed into truncheons. Using these truncheons and the slain Knights of the Brotherhood of the Horse, he created the Death Knights( the first being Teron Gorefiend).
    The green dragon in WC2 WAS A RETCON, originally, Alextrasza's kin looked like that, but as Blizzard expanded the lore, THEY RETCONNED IT, it wasn't laziness, that was just the original design.
    Who says Gul'Dan didn't ride a horse, I mean, all that travelling could get tiring you know! PLUS, THIS IS A RECREATION OF THE WARCRAFT 2 GUL'DAN, and in WC2, GUL'DAN RODE A FREAKING HORSE. So if you don't like it GTFO...

4. bajerman

bajerman

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Tauer

really great job on the gul'dan model. And dont pay attention to the jackasses who are commenting on its relativity to WCII when they haven't even played the game. I'm making a reenactment of gul'dan at the tomb of sargeras, not the crappy night elf campaign one. anyway, I was wondering if you could make a Cho'gall that respects the actual portrait characteristics. It's really frustrating having to use an ogre lord model. anyway pm me if youre up for it.

@Crusadious

I dont doubt your knowledge of warcraft 2 lore but dude, Guldans model in warcraft 2 did have a skeletal horse. It doesnt mean he was a death knight but it might have been used to ease transportation.

edit:

@Crusadious

dude I just finished reading your other posts and ur a real asshole so Im gonna scrap the polite approach. Look, you say no one can match you in WC lore, well guess what douchebag, i can. You are the stupidest most stubborn waste of human life on the F***ing planet. The concept art and ingame model of warcraft 2 DOES show Gul'dan riding a skeleton horse. And if your such a WC historian, then maybe you could figure out that if guldan has all this power to make death knights, the maybe he decided to make himself a dead horse. And even if he wasnt supposed to be a death knight, WC2 came out in 1996. Back then Blizzard didnt have the time and money to change the entire game interface so that Gul'dan had his own proper model. Look at the rexxar campaign, rokhan's voodoo spirits spell doesnt even shoot out voodoo spirits, it shoots out freaking crickets! Blizzard just didnt bother changing it. Anyway my point is that this Gul'dan model is supposed to look like the WC2 Gul'dan WITH the skeleton horse. So next time, check ur fucking facts u retard or I'll have to out-warcraftgeek you again.

5. lolphin

lolphin

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't see why he couldn't use a horse? Gul'dan was a warlock, after all, and everyone knows what a lifetime of inhaling fel-smoke can do to your endurance.

6. sunwarrior25

sunwarrior25

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Aye! This makes me want to use it somewhere, the expression in that picture makes him look like he'll torture the person who doesn't! 5/5 for usefulness! :piru:

7. ChaosWyrm

ChaosWyrm

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice, and he got a horse.

8. S4T4KU

S4T4KU

Resources:
    Resources:
    i don't now if somebody realize this but if you put him an aura always appears on top of his head

9. gradius014

gradius014

Resources:
    Resources:
    This model looks like Teron Gorefiend. Anyway it's kinda useful :)

10. Doomhammer

Doomhammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    My favorite hero has an awesome model i can use thanks man 5/5

11. Bregottfabriken

Bregottfabriken

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll have to say Gul'dan wasnt my favorite in wc2, but it's still an awesome model.

12. Lyon9090

Lyon9090

Resources:
    Resources:
    Damn 10/10. Mind if I use it in an upcoming campaign? I'll give you credit.

13. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    No not at all, go ahead ;)

14. Lyon9090

Lyon9090

Resources:
    Resources:
    Big problem. Its not working. It shows up as a green checkered cube and says "could not load file etc. etc. etc....Please help.

15. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Have you even tested ingame? It always shows up as a green cube in the World Editor.

16. The Highlord

The Highlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great model Tauer, Gul'dan is my favorite Warcraft character of all time, and the model makes him all the more awesome, the stormreaver hermit in wc3 kinda,well blows. 20/10 :D, and do you know of any model editing tool for Vista? i cant seem to find one.:cool:

17. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love this model :)
    The best of your works
    but he needs staff or something imho ;s

18. osama-binliden

osama-binliden

Resources:
    Resources:
    cool model could easly find a use for it

19. bl3u

bl3u

Resources:
    Resources:
    i dont see a weapon? does it have a weapon?

20. Avicuss

Avicuss

Resources:
    Resources:
    great work!
    it really hard to find someone who has played warcraft 2
    i wish i could make models of stuff from it
    this makes me glad my copy of the game still works