• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Guilds of Conflict (a CCG)

What do you think about this thread?

• Absolutely Awesome!

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • More Information (please specify)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • More Cards

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Don't like it

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
227673-albums6266-picture79479.jpg

::In the Beginning
You start out with a deck of 35 cards when you first play. as you win matches, you add cards to your collection. I plan to have a deck builder set up, so you can have more than 1 deck to be able to load (maximum probably 6). You start out with 1 card in your hand, and can mulligan for another but you will be unable to play cards on your first turn. Every turn your maximum hand size is increased by 1 to a maximum of 6. If you chose to mulligan, your hand size won't increase until your third turn, and no matter what not on your first turn. The game is still in development, and nothing is set as something that will definitely go in, so I am open to any suggestions and criticism!

::Getting the Mana
In your starter deck you get 10 cards that say Essence that you can play to get +3 Essence. You also can discard cards to get +1 essence per card. Although you can only play up to two essences each turn, you can discard as many cards as you want each turn. A deck should be about 30-40% Essences.

Essence/Foil Essence
227673-albums7011-picture79476.jpg
227673-albums7011-picture79477.jpg

::Obtaining Cards
You can get cards by earning Gold by playing matches. After the match, you get Gold to your total equal to the amount of Victory Points you had at the end of the game. In the deck builder, you have an option to buy packs. Packs are bought for 60 Gold.
Cards

::Winning the Game
Games are won by skill, among other things. A player has two things to keep track of: Morale and Victory Points. Morale starts at 5 for both players, and when it reaches 0 your opponent gains 5 Victory Points each turn until your Morale goes above 0. Victory Points start at 0 and are given by certain cards, Morale and attacking your opponent. One more point of what would normally be damage is now a Victory Point. Reaching 30 will win the game for you.

::Types of Cards
There are 8 card types: Monster, Hero, Enchantment, Spell, Duty, Order, Warmachine and Equipment.
NOTE: You can play cards only during your turn outside of combat UNLESS the card has Spontaneous.

Monster - Monsters are your primary source of winning in most decks. they deal damage and give you Morale (and of course Victory Points)​
Hero - A Hero is a special sort of Monster that you can only (normally) have 1 of that card type in play at a time. They bring powerful effects to the table and some can change the course of the game.​
Warmachine - A Warmachine is a construct of metal and magic. Not necessarily a unit holding a lot of attack damage, or any at all, it can still be attacked and provides any type of help you may want.​
Enchantment - An enchantment is imprinted on a unit after it is played. Although Enchantments do very powerful passive effects, when the imprinted unit dies the Enchantment is lost.​
Spell - Spells are influential to the course of the battle. If you have a 1/2 and your opponent has a 2/3. If you cast a spell to give your 1/2 +2/+2 then you can kill your opponent's 2/3!​
Duties - Duties are special cards. They don't actually come into play but affect the play area outside the game. When the Duty's owner plays another, the old one is discarded and the new one comes in.​
Orders - Gold costing spells that require you to have a certain type of duty in play to cast them. Example: I have a Duty with the subtype Military, I cannot play an order with the subtype Economic, but can play orders with Military.​
Equipment - They become attached to a unit and start affecting it (and possibly others) immediately. Usually giving bonus strength and stamina, they also can grant another effect(s).​

::Side Notes::
> You don't have to worry about having lands just lying around.
> You don't have to lose units to play units.
> The cards are simpler than "3500 Attack" and "4000 Defense"
> You don't have a life total.
> You can have up to 5 units in play and 5 cards in your hand.
> You draw cards until you have 6 each turn.
> Bonuses like +1/+1 last until the unit dies.
> You can have up to 4 players in the same match.

Last edited:
Level 10
This sounds awesome I wasn't even aware that it's possible to create a card game with the editor.
The rules seem fun to me, i like the moral/victory point system and I didn't play a card game with such rules yet.

I checked some of your cards, too. It's nice to see that you've got a nice number created so far but you could improve the card frame imho. Also there are a lot of white pixel around the text border and you could have picked a more theme fitting font style for the text itself. If you don't know where to get some I'ld suggest dafont since it's a nice site for such matters. I know it'ld be a lot of work to overhaul them, but these are just suggestions, 'cause I'ld like to play this game and there is definitely something you could improve.

I like it that you can use your won gold for buying more cards. But maybe you could win a random or a unique card for achievements?
Like after the first or 10th win or something like that. You might think about it.
There's also the option to get something when completing a deck, if there would be several decks. For example some gold. (Guess that'ld be a lot of work...)

But I really like the idea of it and I'ld like to see it progress.

Level 9
Well, first of all thanks! It's nice to hear someone is interested :)

I am already using a font (called something like starfall), but I don't want to change the text of the card. It might make the text hard to read.

Still though, the cards from achievements is an awesome idea! The only thing that could make it better is if I thought of it ;)

I will work hard on your suggestions, and hope that it will be interesting to play.

One last thing though, I am giving you +rep for the help, and suggest you add a vote to the poll so I know what people want me to work on!

Level 10
It's a pitty this hasn't got more attention by now. Hopefully more people will read through this.
Sry I forgot to vote, I'll do so now.

If I can spare some time I could try to help you creating some card frames, well, only if you need them of course.
Good luck with your project and as I said already I'm looking forward for your progress. :)

Level 10
When I checked crazyrussians ressources a few day ago i stumbled across his site. There I saw some nice looking cards. I'll show you some examples.
Here. Scroll a bit down. Also you could check this link for further inspiration. In my opion the might and magic card game is using some nice looking frames too.

But I know of course that your game is in a really early state and so I can understand that there was left some space for increasement.
(Ugh, I got a feeling that my english is kinda weird today.)

Well the file size is really some troublesome thing. I'll keep wishing you the best luck. :)

Level 9
Sorry for the late reply. Still though, I love your card frame ideas! Going to use those as reference to make the best format for the cards in my game. Just curious, would you be fine with downloading a .mpq that has all the card images in it? It would destroy loading times and also would let me have lots of cards in!

Level 10
Ah I see. Is it possible to set opacity with Paint.Net?
If so maybe setting the text box opacity to 80-90% may also look nice.

But that's just something that came out of my mind right now.
I'm just so excited to play this game one day. I've kinda got a crush on ccg's. ^^

Level 9
I just noticed your post Lockheart (heh... heh)

Yeah it is possible. You can set it by clicking on a layer on the bottom right window, and then properties.

It's awesome to see another person who loves card games as much as me also :[)

BTW: You don't set opacity by percent, but by changing the value from 256-0

Level 10
Well it's not necessary to play with opacity. They look nice either way.

Ah and how could I forget this? It's a really useful reference, too.
It's hearthstone a blizzard ccg. Here is a download link for some of their used graphics.
I think I remember there were some cards included, too! The game itself is free to play if you want to try it.

Edit: Yes I checked it. You can download the entire graphic kit or single graphics. Just klick the tab therefor.
There are a lot of ressources that may come handy for you! Like nice blizzard artwork graphics and so.

Just sharing. :)

Level 9
Okay guys the Legion Starter deck is finished. The deck is 30 cards, 14 of which are Essences (this number may change).
The deck has 2 Rares, 4 Uncommons and 10 Commons.

2 of these:
227673-albums7011-picture79839.jpg

4 of these:
227673-albums7011-picture79724.jpg

5 of these:
227673-albums7011-picture79840.jpg

and 5 of these:
227673-albums7011-picture79838.jpg

EDIT: Actually Almost finished. The actual number of essences is going to be 10.

Last edited:
Level 7
Okay guys the Legion Starter deck is finished. The deck is 30 cards, 14 of which are Essences (this number may change).
The deck has 2 Rares, 4 Uncommons and 10 Commons.

2 of these:
227673-albums7011-picture79839.jpg

4 of these:
227673-albums7011-picture79724.jpg

5 of these:
227673-albums7011-picture79840.jpg

and 5 of these:
227673-albums7011-picture79838.jpg

EDIT: Actually Almost finished.

So, the blue number on the center of the card is Essence? And essence is what is needed to play cards? I read the Map Description but I don't fully understand. Mind explaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.