Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

GUI Equipment Manager - up to 11 items at once

Discussion in 'Trigger (GUI) Editor Tutorials' started by Donach, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Donach

Donach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    EarthSouvenir:
    Ok, I've added even the Save/Load feature. I hope you'll like it and remember, if you find any bugs or mistakes, please, inform me so I can correct them. Thanks for your interest and I hope that you'll like my EM and that it will suit your map well.

2. Dat-C3

Dat-C3

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Good job, but you should of used a different save/load other then Aceharts because it is extremely buggy and even more so in being limited.

3. Donach

Donach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh, i was not aware of that... It seemed pretty reliable. Well, which one would you suggest? Or which one do you personally use? Id prefer some similar to this, or any other written in understandable JASS, so that I could change it myself. :)

4. Dat-C3

Dat-C3

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...0-1-a-177395/?prev=d=list&r=20&u=triggerhappy is currently the best public known GUI save/load.

The problem with Acehart's is that it can't save over a certain value which might be one million. That easily brings up a nasty limit to like only 40 item database and etc. . . I can't really explain it in detail, but I do know what happened when I used it for a year.

Yeah it was reliable years ago, sadly he never posted the update for it which fixed it.

5. Donach

Donach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, I checked it, and it needs a lot of modification as I see.
    Anyway, I haven't gone through it very deeply, but in the demo map, it seems that the system is quite bad for my purposes - dunno, if that can be changed in GUI or I have to go through the JASS and see what to do about it.

However, thanks a lot for pointing this out and showing me this system. If I manage to make this work, I'll rework the feature part with the Save/Load and implement this one instead.

6. Dat-C3

Dat-C3

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Great to hear, thanks for considering it. Sorry it isn't as easily configurable as AceHart's however his won't fail as easily as AceHart's.

Maybe think of a method to replace your values with integers because that is what a save/load is meant for in WC3, converting numbers to strings to be able to load. Just an idea however since it has to be exact you could do it this way and set certain values to match certain items or abilities or etc. . . I am almost sure that is like the only way, but it just doesn't look that way with AceHart's.