1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Guardsman Kul-Tiras HD

Submitted by Asssssvi
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The guard is a heavily armed infantry that is the elite of the army of the Kingdom of Kul-Tiras.(except for the protection of the Admiral and the knights of the Kingdom) Guards are highly effective against infantry and cavalry, which makes them a dangerous opponent on the battlefield. As a rule, they are armed with halberds and heavy armor with the symbols of the Kingdom, which perfectly protect their owner. The guard recruits experienced soldiers from among the infantry, who have shown themselves in many battles.

P.S. In-Game animations are displayed normally.
Previews
Contents

Guardsman Kul-Tiras HD noTC (Model)

Guardsman Kul-Tiras HD TC (Model)

Icon Guardsman Kul-Tiras HD (Icon)

Reviews
General Frank
A nice, very polygon-heavy model. Works in-game. Good job.
  1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Try it yourself... It's a test of minutes.

2. Asssssvi

Asssssvi

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hi! Try testing it yourself.

3. Galadgod

Galadgod

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just tested around 100 of those guys against a bunch of other units, and it didn't lag at all. Also, my pc is crap.
    [​IMG]

Note that there's around other 500 units on the test map.

4. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hey, didn't want to sound like an ashole. You people know how and will you use the models from @Asssssvi .
    Don't make a situation like I said not to use them.

5. Galadgod

Galadgod

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's okay, you voiced a concern that probably many people had, and encouraged me to test if a lot of these actually cause lag, no worries man!

6. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Resources:
    Resources:
    So no lag then? Great. Because @Asssssvi models are awesome.

@Galadgod did you have fps counter during your test to check if there were any lag spike or graphical problem?

7. Asssssvi

Asssssvi

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Dudes, what's the panic? Even if no one uses them , I will still create new models in the direction I chose. If no one needs them, I will stop wasting time on publishing, that 's all.

8. Corristo

Corristo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bro don't get me wrong, your models are great, I was just curious if they really couse lag in BIG numbers. Keep it up, we really appreciate it!

9. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A nice, very polygon-heavy model.
    Works in-game.
    Good job.

10. HARVENTURA

HARVENTURA

Resources:
    Resources:
    With its excellent models you can achieve a whole set of professional armies, ideal for a campaign. Great job

11. Corristo

Corristo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Update:
    After testing it personally, I used at least 60 models at the same time on the map, and my fps droped from stable 50 to 14... HD models indeed caouse lag in BIG numbers as Stefan mentioned, and no, I dont have a potato pc. The lag is clearly noticable, even the mouse cursor movement slows down significantly. For the map I'm editing (Lords of Europe) I can't use HD models unfortunately, becaouse as a unit model it would be used in great numbers.
    My heart is broken now, since it's an oustanding model. :( Any chance for classic low poly models from you Assssvi? Or you totally dedicated yourself for HD?
    Thank you for your works! Already using your crossbowman model, and its awesome!

12. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Resources:
    Resources:
    I also had to cancel adding these great models to my map due to the high polys.

Im still using his great Lordaeron units, and they are awesome even not being HD. I hope he can touch a bit the Kultiran ones to make them normal as his lordaeron ones.

Lordaeron units are around 1000-1200 polis, the kultiran ones are 3000-6000. A big strategy map which is full of resources cant handle armies with units that needs x3 or x5 resources. It would be like having 3 or 5 times more units in the map, something the old w3 engine cant handle sadly U.u

13. johnwar

johnwar

Resources:
    Resources:
    If your pc is windows 10 it will lag, I have a pc that is windows 10 and it lags. Now I'm using windows 7 and it doesn't lag.
    Okay, It's just base on my experience.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  14. Corristo

Corristo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I use windows 8.1 and still lags unofrtunatelly. I don't think windows version has much connection to this.

15. Asssssvi

Asssssvi

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    No, I have no desire to make low-polygon models.

16. Kuhan super

Kuhan super

Resources:
    Resources:
    very good:peasant-thumbs-up-cheers: