• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Guardian (Variations)

Hello friends,

you may recognize this if you play 'The legend of Zelda: BotW'.
He is completely selfmade (Milkshape3d)
The animations are too selfmade
The Wrapping is also selfmade

This is the Guardian. The Strongest Enemy you can hope to defeat.

Description:
"An ancient guardian of old times. He is strong enough to withstand attacks from demons like Mannoroth and even Tichondrius and maybe Archimonde. His Attack, consisting of a highly concentrated mana-beam, can surely kill anyone and anything who/which isn't careful enough. It is highly recommended to flee if you don't have anything that can penetrate his armor."

Weaknesses: (I write this only, because this is sort of like Wikipedia)
- The Titans of Azeroth.
- Sageras.
- Weapons strong enough to penetrate his armor.
- His own Laser/Beam, if somehow directly reflected.

----------Update 08. Apr. 2017 (Minor)----------
-Added another "Mickey Mouse ear". (Now that i know how to fight the Guardians in BotW i took a closer look at them and discovered that they had three of these "Ears".)

----------Update 27. May. 2017 (Major)----------
- Remade the 'Ears' entirely. They are now like in this Picture.
- Polycount: 4204 --> 4090
- Tweaked the Walk animations a bit.
- KB-Size: 471kb --> 478kb

----------Update 24. Jun. 2017 (Major)----------
- Rewrapped the Texture on the head to match the 'ears'.
- Rewrapped the Texture on the bottom of the 'Body-part'. (It should represent a sort of Weakpoint of it.)
- Remade the Death animation to match the one from it's Breath of the Wild-Counterpart.
- Small malfunctions are appearing during his death animation
- Added sounds for the malfunctions.
- The Death explosion is still there, but adjusted to the new death animation.
- Changed the Death sound of it.
- Made some of the animations a bit faster.
- Added 'hand'- and 'foot'-Attachment points.
- Tweaked the Attack animation a bit.
- Added a Collision shape that is incasing his 'torso part'.
- Changed the Data-Name of it to 'GuardianWalker.mdx'.
- KB-Size: 478kb --> 382kb
- Polycount: 4090 --> 3033 (I got it small enough without destroying the look of it.)

---small author note---
#He has no exhaust port and he doesn't need one, because his fuel is magic. That means that he practically can't ran out of fuel with so much magic running through the planet.
+ Added ingame screenshots.

----------Notices----------
1. --> If you don't like the Death animation then please PM me if you want to improve that.
2. --> Anyone who can draw or likes to make BTNs/DISBTNs is encouraged to do this with this model.
3. --> You can use any Beam Missile Models you want that fits his beam attack.
4. --> I'm going to add another one, if i have the time to make one
5. --> If you have suggestions for the Head texture then please say so.

If you use this model then give credits to me for this idea,
but don't distribute him and don't edit him without my permission!?!
Previews
Contents

Guardian (Walker/Stalker) (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Although the polygon count is very high and the animations are a bit janky, is it approvable and works in-game. Good job.
Level 30
say.. what's with the mickey mouse ears?

You will know why these are there if you look at this

Waaay too much polygons. I think you can achieve the same results with less polygons, believe me. And the wrapping could be fixed a little. Now it looks blank and monotone.

Really? But the Quality will get lost. And i don't know which wrappings would be suited best for a machine.

All is great, just give it more serious and powerful gun.

He doesn't need one. He shoots from his 'eye'.

Roland

R

Roland

I was triggered by the name "Guardian" cause I thought it'll be druid... but hey, this model is quite funny cause of the Mickey Mouse ears.

- 12000+ vertices and 3000+ polygons are way too much for a wc3 model, even if this has a unique touch.

- Walk, death and attack animations are very bland and seem very stiff, even for such mechanical unit like this.

- Adding some more attachment points for 'hand' and 'foot' would be nice.

- Adding some more and better defined particle effects - the current ones don#t make the model justice.

That's a big list of suggestion, but I guess you can tackle those. In the mean time I will get this to 'awaiting update'.

Level 30
- 12000+ vertices and 3000+ polygons are way too much for a wc3 model, even if this has a unique touch.

Way too much you say? Then your jaw will be on the ground, if you look at this (Polycount: 14356). Now tell me again this is too much.

- Adding some more attachment points for 'hand' and 'foot' would be nice.

Why should i add attachment points for the 'hands'? He has no hands only six legs and feet.

- Walk, death and attack animations are very bland and seem very stiff, even for such mechanical unit like this.

- Adding some more and better defined particle effects - the current ones don#t make the model justice.

I can work on that, but i tell you that i will upload another 'Guardian'-Robot like this. So even if the model would be approvable i would have wanted it to be put to 'Substandard' as long as the other model isn't uploaded.

Last edited:
Way too much you say? Then your jaw will be on the ground, if you look at this (Polycount: 14356). Now tell me again this is too much.

Why should i add attachment points for the 'hands'? He has no hands only six legs and feet.

I can work on that, but i tell you that i will upload another 'Guardian'-Robot like this. So even if the model would be approvable i would have wanted it to be put to 'Substandard' as long as the other model isn't uploaded.

- Please don't compare your models to someone else's work. Models are moderated case-by-case.
The other model is not moderated yet and who says it will also not be commented about polygon count?

- For the attachment points, just look how they have some it with the Wolf models. They technically do not have 'hands' but the front paws have hand attachment points. You can also make 6 foot attachment points with modifiers.

- Well it is up to you, but you should always strive for something better than 'Substandard', if you can do it then just do it.
If you cannot be bothered to do it then it is really up to you and we won't help.

Level 30
- Well it is up to you, but you should always strive for something better than 'Substandard', if you can do it then just do it.
If you cannot be bothered to do it then it is really up to you and we won't help.

You didn't understand me there. I said even if the Model is approvable i would want that not approved until the other model is also in the bundle.

I also said that i will work on the current model, until it can be approved.

- Please don't compare your models to someone else's work. Models are moderated case-by-case.
The other model is not moderated yet and who says it will also not be commented about polygon count?

Okay. I will not do that again. ever.

- For the attachment points, just look how they have some it with the Wolf models. They technically do not have 'hands' but the front paws have hand attachment points. You can also make 6 foot attachment points with modifiers.

Point for you. Okay. I will add 'hand' attachment points.

You didn't understand me there. I said even if the Model is approvable i would want that not approved until the other model is also in the bundle.

I also said that i will work on the current model, until it can be approved.

Okay. I will not do that again. ever.

Point for you. Okay. I will add 'hand' attachment points.

Sorry for the misunderstanding then. Good to see you have actually the will to make something great.

Level 30
Hey @General Frank , What would be an acceptable number of Vertices and Polygons?

I ask, because i have edited the model and got the numbers to be Vertices: 11696 and Polygons (Faces?): 3898 without destroying the look it currently has.

I can probably get it even less (Smaller Number) without destroying the look, but i still wanted to ask.

Edit: Got it now to be Vertices: 9101 and Polygons (Faces?): 3033. I don't think i can get it smaller than this without destroying the look.

Last edited: