• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grow in the area of Starcraft 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
Honestly, I played Skyrim just vanilla for about six months to let the modding community get on its feet before I hopped on board to the Nexus to download a bunch of epic mods for the game, and other than a few crashes after maybe 30 to 40 hours of gameplay I really didn't have any problems. (Admit it, the flying giant and floating mammoths aren't problems, those are just amazing XD)

Yep, and that is in essence part of the modding scene: In the end the mods before more important that the original game. I've seen it with skyrim and I've seen it with Wc3. However I still don't see it much in Sc2.

Level 27
The ironic thing is that I bought Skyrim on release day. See with Skyrim and Bethesda, I know there will be bugs but I also know that they will patch them up as soon as they are discovered almost (either that or several days afterword.) I don't mod for Skyrim however. I mod for Warcraft III and if I bought Starcraft II, it would be for the purpose of creating mods. If a game is likely to get an expansion that would flip around the modding experience and make efforts I had done either outdated, bugged or useless, there's no point in me buying the product yet.

Only thing like that happened when SC2 Arcade came out so you had to re-publish maps since otherwise they'd have no preview picture or description, but no issues that would make maps themselves unplayable.

Level 14
Only thing like that happened when SC2 Arcade came out so you had to re-publish maps since otherwise they'd have no preview picture or description, but no issues that would make maps themselves unplayable.

Perhaps it's just me being spoiled and wanting to wait for all the resources / functions to be available to me in the Starcraft II editor before I take a better look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.