1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Greek Town Center

Submitted by Fingolfin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I want to see more ancient-themed maps for warcraft, so i made this set of ancient greek buildings inspired by Age of Mythology and 0 a.d. I rarely use ingame textures, nor make building models, and this was a nice change. I planned for the set to contain the following buildings:

*Town Center
*Barracks
*Archery Range
*Stables
*Temple
*Siege Workshop
*House
*Watchtower
*Dock

Something i always loved in RTS game is when you can see the practical details of how buildings are constructed, such as timber framing going up, floors being laid and pieces of material being spread around, so i tried to incorporate that in these buildings. They also use the standard wc3 scaffolding and i hope they will fit OK together with normal wc3 buildings.

There are "sprite" attachment points which will make fires appear when it is damaged. For the first time, i have also been generous in teamcoloring. Enjoy.

UPDATE: Fixed the portrait.

Keywords:
Greek, Roman, Ancient, Town Hall, Base, Column, Mediterranean
Contents

Greek Town Center (Model)

Reviews
13:50, 6th Jul 2014 MiniMage: Same as the other ones.
  1. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I forgot to mention in the post, that i was already planning to make a market, blacksmith and storehouse aswell. We will see about the fortress and academy/university.

About the pathing texture, it is easy to make your own and it can be done in paint. First, create a document which has the same pixel dimensions as the tile width you want your pathing texture to be, like 24x24. It is safest to make them square. Start with painting all pixels black, then sample the magenta color which "unpathable" pathing has in wc3 (you can open a path texture in magos model editor, export it as bmp, open it in paint or photoshop, and use the eyedropper tool to get the color). Paint the pixels you want unpathable in magenta, black pixels will be unused. Do the same procedure to sample the blue, "unbuildable" color and paint it where you need it. Save the image, as .tga if you are using photoshop or jpeg if you are using paint (and then just google "tga converter" and use any online tool to get it into a tga). Finally import it to your map and use it.

2. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Have you tried the human blacksmith for bronze?

Oh, and by the way, those Greek\Roman models look incredible. I was thinking about re-creating the greek Colossus for Warcraft a while ago, just because it's such a damn cool unit, and I would love to see any other AoM or just history-inspired units and models you could come up with. :O
    On another note, I think it would be really cool if you included a few different variations for the dwelling houses, by using animation sets or just releasing them separately. 3-5 different houses would be incredible, with minor variations like outside decors, shape, roof texture, etc.

3. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I can only say "Well done" about this set.
    Later on dont forget to produce the fitting wall doodads too.

EDIT: Forgot to ask: Will you do an Egyptian set ?

4. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    One cool unit i would love to see made is the Talos - a giant bronze golem created by Zeus to guard the island of Crete. It would march the beaches and throw rocks at approaching ships, or kill sailors by grabbing them and burning them against his armor which would have gone glowing hot in the sun.

[​IMG]

But yeah, i could propably make at least two different houses - partially because i cannot seem to settle for a single design. Part of me want them to be T or L-shaped like in AoM, part wants them to be enclosed with a small yard like the ones in 0.a.d (which is more historical).

@Eagle: I want to! But ultimately it depends on wether i can find appropriate textures or not, and i can also not make any promises until i have completed the greek race. Sometimes i lose interest after a few weeks of working on a project, and it can take some time before i finish it. I am confident that i will finish the buildings i have set up to make though.

By wall doodads, do you mean like, if you want to make a building interior terrain? Because that would not be too hard for me to fix, although they might not look so great on their own.

5. Skypsi

Skypsi

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    All these models are amazing, good job!

6. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    btw for bronze texture, there's the statue doodad model (the one with a sword being held at the chest and pointed downwards, and the guy is wearing a helmet). that might do

i reckon tho that a single texture for all ur units (like with the uruks) wud be easier to make, and since u can wrap it to ur liking, require less polys than if u were to use bits n pieces from ingame

7. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Age of Warcraft? FTW xD

8. Splub

Splub

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neither of these are exact but I've found several models that resemble what you speak of.

Nice Town Hall by the way.

9. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Those are pretty nice, though they don't really capture the magnificense of what i had in mind.

Thank you all for your comments! You are the best.

10. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh, wow. Those Stone and Iron golems from HOMM3 look great. :O

11. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  12. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That is really cool. I know i repped you for it, but perhaps you cannot see that since you disabled it. I like that your highlights are so sharp, and it is nice to know you don't discriminate between spartans, wether they be from the future or the past. ;)

13. misterich

misterich

Resources:
    Resources:
    One question, does this town hall has got 3 tiers? I cannot see on the screenshot.
    And maybe a second one, can you also make egyptian buldings like in AoM? I do not know how often I have missed them.

14. jonbon29

jonbon29

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice building goes well with your tress.