• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GreatAxeMan

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz and Revo
Contents

GreatAxeMan (Model)

Reviews
» Wolverabid « Date: 26th of September, 2007 Approval status: Ignored Rating: None Notices: [-] The model's deatk animation plays twice. [x]No camera or portrait

M

» Wolverabid «

Date: 26th of September, 2007
Approval status: Ignored
Rating: None

Notices:
[-] The model's deatk animation plays twice.
[x]No camera or portrait

Level 3
I'll eat my mouse and kick my own ass if this one doesn't become director's choice @.@
Absolutely perfect, nothing more to say, great 5/5
Dude, you are a fucking god :)
And you implemented the teamcolors extreme nice so the don't look overdone, incredible

MfG JunJee

Level 2
THIS IS A COOL MODEL!!! 8) :D
And if someone says the axe is to heavy....
then it's mithrall.... it reduces the weight, so it says in many games!!!! Problem SOLVED :wink:

Level 1
This model kicks major ass. . .i rate it a 5/5. i like what you've done with it. it doesn't look as bulky as the other axeman did.

Level 1
Cool Model... If only it had more than 1 attack animations and a portrait... well in any case, its a great 5/5... i wonder if anyone would create a model or a reaper carring a scythe... Its kinda hard to find a nice model of a reaper with nice scythe animations... maybe a spectre would be nice too...

Level 3
This model is near perfect. It's only missing a portrait and the lack of attack animations. Other than that, everything was done very well. A critical strike animation would be real nice..

Another side note, is the number of pollies (I don't do my rating based on pollys anyway =P). This seems like a unit that would be massable, so there could be a problem.

4.5/5, just add a few more attack animations and put in a portrait.

Level 1
Ok, very nice at a first glance, and yes, I realise it's still a beta, but there are still various things that need to be fixed.

As they always say, a picture speaks a thousand words, so I shaall provide photographic evidence for my findings.

For a start, the shoulderpads have bits missing. Like chunks have been bitten out of the tops of them, so the spikes on one are floating in mid-air. I have highlighted the areas affected.
errors.gif

During the death animation, I found his waist slides off his pelvis and out into thin air, and his feet seem to detach from his ankles.
errors4.gif
errors5.gif

Another thing is his plume seems to actually be semi-transparent.
errors2.gif

When attacking, his left hand is not actually attached to his wrist while in swing, and his waist slides off his pelvis again.
errors61xr.gif
errors72bx.gif

And lastly, he has a hole in the back of his neck and helmet.
errors82ar.gif

Looks can be decieving, no?

3/5, A nice model at first glance, but still in need of work. By the way, removing the head from inside the helmet would reduce polies a bit. If you really want a face in there, just leave the eye area and remove the rest.

*takes breather*

Level 10
wow yeah...can u fix those and give it a few more aimations, like more attack animations, a critical strike animation, thats when it would be perfect, wow, i never saw those, but then, u really wouldnt notice unless you used them during cutscenes or cinimatics and had to look really up close on them...thats when u could see these problems, so yeah, you should prolly fix thoem

Level 13
First and foremost:

sorry to be so blunt, but flamingo you're a dick. You spent so much time and effort building a case against this model that you KNEW is beta, and even said so yourself. Even so these are such minor details that would NEVER be noticed in the game. And the hole in the helmet, well take that up with Blizzard cuz thats from the cinematic footman helmet. The fact that you'd spend so much time compiling all this "evidence" as you call it...and for what?? Oh big man you are showin me up. Well you know what?...piss off...i hate to pull rank here, but you don't make models, and if you do, i haven't seen em. So until i do, you have no place criticizing my work in such a way. You got a problem with my models, take it up with me, don't just slag off in here.

Secondly

it seems that the amount of scrutiny a work is given is directly proportionate to how much time and effort has been spent on it. I've seen some of the shittiest models here (and kudos those modelers for trying anyway) get 4s and 5s. I post this and i get screenshots of holes in my work i said would be there. I swear i don't know why i keep doing this

there are many of you on this site that keep it worth while, but man the rest of you anal retentives...you'll be the death of me

Level 3
Yeh... kick ass... i love models like this
i only like stuff that fits in with warcraft stuff. and this works.
not like space stuff...
only fantasy/medievil