1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

GreatAxeMan

Submitted by Miseracord
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Contents

GreatAxeMan (Model)

Reviews
» Wolverabid « Date: 26th of September, 2007 Approval status: Ignored Rating: None Notices: [-] The model's deatk animation plays twice. [x]No camera or portrait
  1. stuffkikker

stuffkikker

Resources:
    Resources:
    axe is a bit big, and u could prolly reduce poly's to about 700 without losing detail, but other than that,
    sweeeeet!
    4/5

2. Grodosh

Grodosh

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The model is very nice, very good work, but the axe is too big.
    Try to use your self an axe like this, .... too big, too heavy.
    But good work, 5/5 for the model, 2/5 for the axe!

3. Beat-Down

Beat-Down

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    nice and the axe looks perfect 5/5

reducing the poly's would help too

4. -Angelus-

-Angelus-

Resources:
    Resources:
    THIS IS A COOL MODEL!!! 8) :D
    And if someone says the axe is to heavy....
    then it's mithrall.... it reduces the weight, so it says in many games!!!! Problem SOLVED :wink:

5. IZID

IZID

Resources:
    Resources:
    This model kicks major ass. . .i rate it a 5/5. i like what you've done with it. it doesn't look as bulky as the other axeman did.

6. skaterjcp

skaterjcp

Resources:
    Resources:
    this model kicks ass, i am definatly useing it as a general or something in my final fantasy N

7. Hullabaloo

Hullabaloo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool Model... If only it had more than 1 attack animations and a portrait... well in any case, its a great 5/5... i wonder if anyone would create a model or a reaper carring a scythe... Its kinda hard to find a nice model of a reaper with nice scythe animations... maybe a spectre would be nice too...

8. Apathetic Irony

Apathetic Irony

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This model is near perfect. It's only missing a portrait and the lack of attack animations. Other than that, everything was done very well. A critical strike animation would be real nice..

Another side note, is the number of pollies (I don't do my rating based on pollys anyway =P). This seems like a unit that would be massable, so there could be a problem.

4.5/5, just add a few more attack animations and put in a portrait.

9. Dark Flamingo

Dark Flamingo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, very nice at a first glance, and yes, I realise it's still a beta, but there are still various things that need to be fixed.

As they always say, a picture speaks a thousand words, so I shaall provide photographic evidence for my findings.

For a start, the shoulderpads have bits missing. Like chunks have been bitten out of the tops of them, so the spikes on one are floating in mid-air. I have highlighted the areas affected.
    [​IMG]

During the death animation, I found his waist slides off his pelvis and out into thin air, and his feet seem to detach from his ankles.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Another thing is his plume seems to actually be semi-transparent.
    [​IMG]

When attacking, his left hand is not actually attached to his wrist while in swing, and his waist slides off his pelvis again.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And lastly, he has a hole in the back of his neck and helmet.
    [​IMG]

Looks can be decieving, no?

3/5, A nice model at first glance, but still in need of work. By the way, removing the head from inside the helmet would reduce polies a bit. If you really want a face in there, just leave the eye area and remove the rest.

*takes breather*

10. skaterjcp

skaterjcp

Resources:
    Resources:
    wow yeah...can u fix those and give it a few more aimations, like more attack animations, a critical strike animation, thats when it would be perfect, wow, i never saw those, but then, u really wouldnt notice unless you used them during cutscenes or cinimatics and had to look really up close on them...thats when u could see these problems, so yeah, you should prolly fix thoem

11. Miseracord

Miseracord

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    First and foremost:

sorry to be so blunt, but flamingo you're a dick. You spent so much time and effort building a case against this model that you KNEW is beta, and even said so yourself. Even so these are such minor details that would NEVER be noticed in the game. And the hole in the helmet, well take that up with Blizzard cuz thats from the cinematic footman helmet. The fact that you'd spend so much time compiling all this "evidence" as you call it...and for what?? Oh big man you are showin me up. Well you know what?...piss off...i hate to pull rank here, but you don't make models, and if you do, i haven't seen em. So until i do, you have no place criticizing my work in such a way. You got a problem with my models, take it up with me, don't just slag off in here.

Secondly

it seems that the amount of scrutiny a work is given is directly proportionate to how much time and effort has been spent on it. I've seen some of the shittiest models here (and kudos those modelers for trying anyway) get 4s and 5s. I post this and i get screenshots of holes in my work i said would be there. I swear i don't know why i keep doing this

there are many of you on this site that keep it worth while, but man the rest of you anal retentives...you'll be the death of me

12. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    All of those useless nitpicking details are in WC3 Viewer

If you view a model in viewer, then you suck. It doesn't work well with viewing them

13. Alvatar

Alvatar

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is so big axe - not realistic. I dont like comix 2/5

14. Chaos13lade

Chaos13lade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is this awsome! You truely are good at this 5/5! Im going to use this in my RPG... :twisted:

15. dav1dof

dav1dof

Resources:
    Resources:
    WHOW!!! this model is super cool!
    I pure and simply don't know how you do this Miseracord.
    This model is worth an 5\5 but it's creator is worth 20\20.

16. TopHunter2016

TopHunter2016

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh my! Nice improvement on the first Axeman! Congrats

17. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Oh yes, a bugcheck in game reveals that the shoulderpads move with the body, not the arms

This looks... interesting to say the least

18. Xendarc

Xendarc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeh... kick ass... i love models like this
    i only like stuff that fits in with warcraft stuff. and this works.
    not like space stuff...
    only fantasy/medievil