• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Great Battles - Middle Ages v.15.4

Creator

Created by Ironside

Great Battles-Middle Ages Team

Ironside = Project Leader
Vikus = Grammar check
krisserz = Trigger check
8Ball777 = Object edtor
Wasp = Terrainer
CyberDuelX16 = Grammar check, Map Testing, Tooltip fix
KraZy_Marm4SET = Grammar Check
eclyptk = Terrainer
Credits

Samurai by BlinkBoy
Blood Sword by Kitabatake
Blue Blood Sword by Kitabatake
RPGHero by Tenebrae
All buildings by Mr. Bob
The Shotting System by assasinater
Bane Web by D4RK_G4ND4LF
PlatedFootman by HappyTauren
FootmanCavalry by wingednosering
Spells Quick Act & Arrow Armageddon by defskull
Gameplay

You begin with a custom race. Then build up your base. Train a strong combo army and attack the enemy.
The game is based on Levels. So there are 3 Main Buildings, 3 Towers, 3 Barracks, 3 of each Unit-Type. This excludes the King.
AI

The map uses a full custom AI, created by me, that is actually quite good once your a good player at this game, and is very strong for new players.
Terrain

The map uses a standard map (DivideAndConquer) for terrain, since I suck at terraining, I would make the map completely boring.
Commands

# is the the color of a player (example -ally light blue).

-ally # ---> requests alliance towards player #.
-accept # ---> accepts alliance towards player #.
-war # ---> declare war on player #.
-retreat ---> tells that you are retreating.
-defend ---> tells that you are defending your castle.

Screenshots

165490-albums3153-picture26716.jpg

165490-albums3153-picture26715.jpg

165490-albums3153-picture26714.jpg

165490-albums3153-picture26713.jpg

165490-albums3153-picture26712.jpg

Help

Also if anyone wants to help me with this map, then this is for you: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/great-battles-middle-ages-165309/
Keywords:
Altered, melee, custom, race
Contents

Great Battles - Middle Ages v.15.4 (Map)

Reviews
16:42, 20th May 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 15
Great Battles-Middle Ages Team

Your map name is labelled Great Battles - Middle Ages v.10.7, yet you don't add spaces for the hyphen in the quoted one?

Barathrum = Project Leader
Vikus = Grammar check
krisserz = Trigger check
8Ball777 = Object edtor
Wasp = Terrainer
CyberDuelX16 = Grammar check, Map Testing, Tooltip fix
KraZy_Marm4SET = Grammar Check
eclyptk = Terrainer

I think categorising the team by role looks cleaner and just generally more better? IDK.

- Credits could also be organised in a more cleaner way as well, by models, coding, and other for example.

You begin with a custom race. Then build up your base. Train a strong combo army and attack the enemy.
The game is based on Levels. So there are 3 Main Buildings, 3 Towers, 3 Barracks, 3 of each Unit-Type. This excludes the King.

A very simple summary of the map, although I guess that will do. But why is Level, Towers, Barracks, and Unit-Type capitalised? If they're some special 'rank' in the game, I guess that is fine, but otherwise capitals aren't needed.

Currently only uses one mode:
-dis
This mode disables the use of Devils Contract (Read Bellow)

Bellow? Capital B?

This mode allows the King to sign a Contract to gain special powers over the other Kings. As a result your hero becomes stronger, but you lose your whole army and towns for the game.

Why is Contract capitalised? And "army and towns" could be summarized as kingdom? Just a thought. No idea D:

The unappealing description & screenshots (to me, that is), 'unoriginal' terrain (ignoring your explanation) and the the genre of building an army makes me uninterested in this map, so I won't be playing this map.

Level 22
Update
The AI has been remade, with it some good news appear:

- The AI will properly pick among the 2 heroes (King / Queen)
- The AI uses the latest best strategy developed by me
- The AI will no longer cause the game to crash when playing
- The AI is now smarter (will no longer have all 3 Fortress types in the base, etc.)

New Challenge:

If you manage to beat the AI in a game of 1v1 please post the replay.
Also write which level the AI was (easy, normal, insane).

I need this to improve the AI further, reward is +rep.

Level 14
I just played the map and pwned the AI.

A few Glitches or Bugs or gameplay issues:

-One of the AI got killed by the creeps, his units turned to hostile. I killed his Lord's Fortress and gained every neutral hostile unit on the map.

-By the end of the game my hero could possibly solo armys.

-King Targetting is an effective strategy, give the heroes divine shield.

-Kinda hard to start cause you have no clue what to do.

Edit:

I did do a 1v1 against an Insane.

It was too easy. I went around killing creeps with my king and 6 soldiers then the AI attacked me. I ran after the AI as it fled back to its base, I used my king to kill the queen and win.

I attached a screenshot of modes. And the replay

Attachments

• Win.w3g
    32.6 KB · Views: 105
  • WC3ScrnShot_040811_214254_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_040811_214254_01.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 157
Last edited:

yt_

yt_

Level 2
well, i played with AI, and it seems very easy, just target their king or queen. Give the king/queen ability to increase armor, block chance or maybe ability like divine shield. it's just a suggestion. And when i was played with AI, one of the AI was killed in the middle of game, by neutral hostile...make the ai more smart.

Overall it's a good alter melee game with custom model. Good job

Level 3
I see it has gone from 13.0 to 13.3, but there is no changelog on the hive. Can you please update the description to have a changelog? It would make so many of us happy.

Also, the AI is really weak, i did a game with me and 5 other insane AIs, and i won. Easily. By the time i had gotten to the last AI's base with my legendary tier army he was still on the champion tier.

Level 3
Even if you started doing it just now, i'm curious to know what is new.

Also, i didn't rush, i had a large base with walls and gates and everything, and was basically waiting to be attacked. It was about 45 minutes before i attacked anything.

Level 3
Oh, that would explain that. Would it be possible to have the AI check for any routes into the base, and then if not, attack 1 or 2 of the walls to create a hole?

Level 4
i say go for the updated AI thing and maybe make it to where they expand cause when i played and went to their base i had like 3 all fully upgraded and they only had one with no mine and only half upgraded base :\

Level 4
eh i think they might of gave up when they stormed my castle with 2 archers and jaina which was very easy to kill might of been what happened plus it was like about an hour before i went after them (i decided to goof off and kill the black dragons with 1 assassin at a time :alol:)

Level 22
eh i think they might of gave up when they stormed my castle with 2 archers and jaina which was very easy to kill might of been what happened plus it was like about an hour before i went after them (i decided to goof off and kill the black dragons with 1 assassin at a time :alol:)

Now that you mention it... I think they AI really does give up when something dies that they can't recreate (hero in this case).

Level 4
so for a good game until (or if) you get a fix dont kill king/queen for good game with ai

oh btw i think i found a leak it said purple (ai) had queen jaina and she never ot killed but when i looked at purples army its queen wasnt there

Level 14
I didn't played the map with other players, but i saw some problems - the shadow of the buildings - they are just not real! You can create a dummy unit that is uber big shadow and place it in the building (when you are given it the ability Locust) with triggers. Also when i build the fortress and the other big things - they get underground - half of the building is in the terrain an that is just unreal and stupid.. :D i don't say that the models are stupid! :) Overall the map is good! :))

Level 12
It's not really something that matters... All you need to know is that the latest version is the best one :thumbs_up:

lol maybe your right, but I decide to download a map or not by determining if it's updates worth to download since the time I downloaded it first time. no offense. I do this for every updated map which I downloaded before. So I have to decide it's worth to download or not xPp