• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gravedigger TD (a unique TD like map, not just another TD)

What would you rate it? (don't consider submitted bugs)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Well ok. Too many strange towers, too big texts (lazy to read), and this terrain is really crap. bugged paralyzed creeps and etc..

Level 4
Well ok. Too many strange towers, too big texts (lazy to read), and this terrain is really crap. bugged paralyzed creeps and etc..

Don't really understand what's wrong with the towers having unique attacks, many of the Element TD towers have attacks that aren't in any other TD. Tooltips, I'll add a shorter version to each, have to keep the long one to so people don't complain that they're not detailed enough. I am now looking for someone to be the terrainer, my terraining skills aren't very good, but I've tried to make it look as good as I could, hopefully there is an experienced terrainer who can make it look better for me. The creeps only get paralyzed in 2 modes at only the first 2 levels, I am still working on fixing them.

Level 40
I played survival mode.

-It's boring having to wait for blue in Single Player, especially on the Turtles

-Death towers were hella overpowered in survival

-The creeps got stuck on the walls, and sometimes skipped pieces of the path. Also, there was a rectangular portion of path at one point - what's the point?

-Tooltips were bad, and once upgraded alot of the towers stats (like the Arcane Vault) couldn't be determined

-No offence, but the towers aren't particulairily original, and if you want to have a truly original TD you need more than towers with spells anyways.

-My towers took random damage sometimes, there were no nearby creeps

-I could spam attack+stop with Death Towers and still get the effect

-I killed the Magical Pen Walls with my skeletons and let the creeps skip my maze ;)

No offense, but this looks like it shouldn't even be close to public beta yet.

Level 4
I played survival mode.

1.It's boring having to wait for blue in Single Player, especially on the Turtles

2.Death towers were hella overpowered in survival

3.The creeps got stuck on the walls, and sometimes skipped pieces of the path. Also, there was a rectangular portion of path at one point - what's the point?

4.Tooltips were bad, and once upgraded alot of the towers stats (like the Arcane Vault) couldn't be determined

5.No offence, but the towers aren't particulairily original, and if you want to have a truly original TD you need more than towers with spells anyways.

6.My towers took random damage sometimes, there were no nearby creeps

7.I could spam attack+stop with Death Towers and still get the effect

8.I killed the Magical Pen Walls with my skeletons and let the creeps skip my maze ;)

9.No offense, but this looks like it shouldn't even be close to public beta yet.

1. You don't, just don't turn on any slots except for yours, you can only do this if you've selected singleplayer, custom game

2. If that's all you build, you'll leak every boss, and every undead or invisible level

3. I think I found the solution for the creep freezing thing, will be fixed in next version

4. The tooltips tell you exactly what the tower does, there is no way for me to display custom stats about a tower once you've upgraded. Like the chance of an instant kill or the explosion damage.

5. Survivor TD is pretty much the least original mode, try a different mode. Also, the towers from the second builder are completely unlike anything I've ever seen in a TD

6. That could be either someone had a level 1 Chaos tower, or you built one of the few glitched towers that can attack your towers (fixed in next version)

7. Again, that strategy will only work for the first few levels

8. You can attack them if you want, because you can use that to setup a maze for them to go through making it easier to kill them (it can be strategically useful)

9. I've tested it many times myself, and I don't have anyone to test it right now, so it is available for anyone to test, this then helps me find many more bugs, including some that only happened in multiplayer (some previous bugs were multiplayer only)

Level 40
4. The tooltips tell you exactly what the tower does, there is no way for me to display custom stats about a tower once you've upgraded. Like the chance of an instant kill or the explosion damage.
A passive, maybe? Also, I didn't mean the info displayed, I just meant the tooltips in general (grammar and everything else that makes them look bad/good)

7. Again, that strategy will only work for the first few levels
I thought death towers worked on all non-bosses? And giving an instakill cheat is pretty lame, anyways.

Level 4
1.A passive, maybe? Also, I didn't mean the info displayed, I just meant the tooltips in general (grammar and everything else that makes them look bad/good)

2.I thought death towers worked on all non-bosses? And giving an instakill cheat is pretty lame, anyways.

1. Okay, so what needs to be added to the tooltips? Or do you mean that my grammar was bad in the tooltips?

2. The ways the levels are setup, many levels other bosses will kill death tower strategies. Death towers can't attack undead or invisible levels, usually miss air levels, and don't have a very high chance of actually doing anything. I am going to change them in the next version so that enemies that are "doomed" don't automatically die, but it very hard for them to stay alive, also the "doom" will only work on each enemy once, so if you just mass doom towers you'll leak every level.

Level 40
2. The ways the levels are setup, many levels other bosses will kill death tower strategies. Death towers can't attack undead or invisible levels, usually miss air levels, and don't have a very high chance of actually doing anything. I am going to change them in the next version so that enemies that are "doomed" don't automatically die, but it very hard for them to stay alive, also the "doom" will only work on each enemy once, so if you just mass doom towers you'll leak every level.
It doesn't matter if they would miss a lot, or if they have a low chance to hit. You can abuse A Unit Is Attacked, firing the trigger without using the unit's cooldown, meaning that I can make them kill whole lines of units with ease. Then, my better all-round towers pick off any levels that can't be targeted by this.

Oh, I forgot to say, I built another tower on top of my Air Tower, and it couldn't move. (the air tower)

Level 4
1.It doesn't matter if they would miss a lot, or if they have a low chance to hit. You can abuse A Unit Is Attacked, firing the trigger without using the unit's cooldown, meaning that I can make them kill whole lines of units with ease. Then, my better all-round towers pick off any levels that can't be targeted by this.

2.Oh, I forgot to say, I built another tower on top of my Air Tower, and it couldn't move. (the air tower)

1. Isn't that kind of cheating then? I'll see if I can figure out how to fix it though.

2. It moves so slow that it doesn't look like it's moving, but it is

Level 4
Yes, it is cheating. It's also really easy to do, and about anyone who knows JASS (and a lot of people who know GUI) and anyone else who tell them how... can do it without a problem.

I've changed the ability for the doom towers. They now have an actual ability called "doom." When they attack an enemy they have a chance to "doom" them, which doesn't mean they actually die instantly, but it is very hard for them to stay alive. If a doomed unit is doomed again, they will not be doomed anymore and get some health back. This will mean that you can't just build a lot of doom towers to win, because they won't stay dead (and you will leak every level). For the next version I've also rebalanced many of the other towers and made many other little changes to improve the overall gameplay of the map. Also a new mode (Team Line TD), and a new tower type have been added. I'll post the new version soon.

Level 4
v0.6 is now available from the maps section, or the link in my first post, which I will update soon. I have changed the doom towers and made many major improvements as well, particularly with the creeps and the heroes, check out the changelog with it in the maps section for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.