• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goldshire Night Elf Fun Mod

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Play OP Night Elves for Fun

Map Info:

Edit: 2.3.18 (updated after years)

Night Elves got reworked, heroes are Overpowered and have funny abilities like total polymorph, total illusions, explosive minefield tranquility. Basic NE units are stronger.

Map is not intended to be competetive play (and perhaps neither to be approved).
It is just a little fun mod with NE race stronger than other races, expanded map and daemonic invasion.

Summary:

• 2 epic bosses added, Archimonde, and to summon Kil Jaeden activate Northwestern power circle with a hero.
  • Monsters, Items, Secret Passages and Minor Gold Mines added to allow better creeping and slightly longer game.
  • Open map, feel free to mod it as you wish.
THW Map Description - Template made by Kobas
Goldshire made by Blizzard

Keywords:
NE, Night, Elf, OP, Hero
Previews
Contents

Goldshire Night Elf Fun Mod v1.5 (Map)

Reviews
20:25, 12th Nov 2013 Orcnet: The idea of over powering heroes is a bad value, plus fix those triggers of yours its very laggy as a complain to others.

M

20:25, 12th Nov 2013
Orcnet: The idea of over powering heroes is a bad value, plus fix those triggers of yours its very laggy as a complain to others.

Level 29
this is not a review just a pair of sugestions

1) changes in the other 3 races will be more interesting and make more complete the map

2) imported material such change models and icons will give a new more atractive touch to the game
example

new custom units is more atractive than reworked presets units

3)
"Night Elves got reworked, heroes are OverPowered "
that can create umbalance to the other 3 races, or at least thats my first impresion about "OverPowered"

well see ya and good luck, altered melee is not my special area of knowledge so i will avoid to review and start talking without know

Level 6
Hi ABGM and LEGAL EASE

Hi abgm, thank you for Suggestions.

1) Point was not to completely change warcraft, but change 1 race and keep other races.
2) That really isnt needed, if you want ones feel free to add them.
3) Thats the whole point of this map, unbalance can be extremely funny, too much of unbalance ruins challenge and games. This isnt my first map, i created what i wanted to create. But i should maybe add in the description that NE are just slightly overpowered.

LEGAL EASE: well thats maybe good idea i should do it soon.

Level 6
Man, leaks are important when using periodic timers, or triggers that happens very often, Lets say you use knockback system with 0,05 sec timer and you dont use point variable: that are 2 point leaks per tick, (more if multiple units are knockbacked and no if no unit at all) and that are 40 point leaks per 1 second, Now: Here are like 2 to 5 point leaks with maybe 3 spells in this game. Lets say each player has a hero with this spell and use it every cooldown so 4 heroes with 15 sec. cooldown thats are 5 leaks multiplied by 4 heroes each 15 seconds, Thats 20 per 15 sec, 80 per 1 minute, IF every player just click and click the spell and there are 4 night elf players...Just knockback creates 40 leaks per sec per unit at minimum.....Well im just trying to say that its nearly impossible to lag this map.
Hovewer if anyone experience lags or issues pls report immediately i will fix it, just saying that on my pc its going totally OK.
Or maybe im wrong, with this math, but on my pc its going fine.

Level 6
Ok Thx for Suggestion Wrathion.
I have tested performance on my other project: its Epic size map, full terrrain, 1200 Doodads, 83 units total, but around 200 units are spawned during play.
I was using knockback system, was creating 2 point leaks per 0.05 second, thats 40 per second at minimum. Im saying at minimum because i was also creating some leaks with projectile throwing and spells but these was minor, it was some point leaks and some unit group leaks.
How test looked?:
Well as i said i created standart knockback system with timer set to 0.05 ticking 20 times per second, then i removed custom call to allow 2 point unit leaks per 1 tick, then i have esc key attached to jump key, so im just jumping with me hero around the map, this map is epic sized has shops, and spawns like Dota so there is even combat. Then i bought some shurikens and was throwing shurikens, shurikens are also attached to knockback system with additional collision detection. To shorten it: I created AT LEAST 40 leaks per sec.

The results were quite interesting even for me: After 4: 19 (game time) i quit because i was bored as hell and my finger hurt from pressing ESC and sometimes watching fighting, buying item or casting a hero spell to notice some lags.
Nothing Happened, not even a single slowdown or single lag.

Hope that after this test you have no doubt about performance, i can calculate how much time of leaks in this map is worth 4:19 of non stop leaks, but i estimate thats over 2 hours, if you are still not sure about performance i will calculate it and determine exact time. (as I said i had no patience to wait, but until 4:19 not even a single lag or slowdown, ot would maybe last even 20 mins. Who knows? )

My PC specs are: Win 7 64 Bit 2,6 Ghz 2 cores (NO dual core, just 2 cores) Integrated Intel Graphics Card and 4 Ghz RAM, NOTEBOOK
Warcraft running on full details with resolution 13xx per 768

GLHF and enjoy my map :D

Last edited:
1. Consider not removing Ancient of Lore and Chimaera Roost
2. Come on, at least the default units that get changed get a tooltip fix too.
3. Why change Glaive Thrower attack type? It's siege for a reason.
4. Using Flash = same as Bankai
5. Rain of Chaos... just wow, need to control that a bit

Ugh, the map is chaotic... need much improvement.

Level 6
1. Consider not removing Ancient of Lore and Chimaera Roost
2. Come on, at least the default units that get changed get a tooltip fix too.
3. Why change Glaive Thrower attack type? It's siege for a reason.
4. Using Flash = same as Bankai
5. Rain of Chaos... just wow, need to control that a bit

Ugh, the map is chaotic... need much improvement.

EDIT:

All points except point 4. and ("Ugh, the map is chaotic... need much improvement") got fixed.

Thanks for very useful tips. It is exactly as you have written.
(Except point 4, I observed that using that ability while having Blink (previously it was Bankai Flash) instantly resets the cooldown of Blink so its different).

I forgot that this map exist but now I decided to do small update:

The new update includes minimal tooltips and few memory leaks fixes while increasing unit pool with some balance changes.

Again thank you for very useful tips. You summed it up.

Last edited:
Level 6
Hi, Its better now infernals are weaker (it was misslick omg but I kept it in da game :D) :D and Archimonde has vastly increased cooldowns and spawns 2 minutes later....

Also there are Chimaeras , all NE units and even some new ones....I really did everything except your Point 4. and "Ugh, the map is chaotic... need much improvement." I just did it very fast because I did this map when I had low knowledge of World Editor.

If it is not enough:
I can move Archimodne spawn from center of map to the edge closer to Kil Jaeden spawn in future version.