1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Golden Lands v2.1 AI

Submitted by -Manuel-
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
GOLDEN LANDS

Description

Golden Lands is a custom battleground that combines elements of AoS, RPG and Domination maps. His original game mode is based on dominate the opposite team by controlling points and collect resources, also has a couple of extra game types.
Can be played 5vs5 and AI is fully supported.

Game Modes

There are 3 game types at the moment; The game mode to be played is voted by each player at the beginning.
- Normal Game: Collect 3000 (by default) Resources to win the game. The game command (-rtw #) sets the number of resources needed to win, -rtw (1,2,3) .​
- Last Man Standing: The teams fights each other in the center of the map, for 15 rounds the first team that kills all enemies wins the round.​
- Obelisk Defend: The teams fights each other in the center of the map, for 15 rounds, every round a random team is selected as the Defender and must defend the Obelisk from the Attacker. If the Defender keeps the obelisk alive for 90 seconds win the round.​

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

FEATURES

Heroes

Choose from 22 original heroes with custom spells, the heroes are organized in Factions like (Human/Orc/Night Elf/Undead and Neutral) the Human and Orc faction are exclusive for the Horde and the Alliance respectively. Therefore they only can be chosen only in his respective side.

[​IMG]

• Upgrade the hero abilities, improving his effects or adding new ones, every ability has his own upgrade and the first upgrade that reach level 3, becomes the Superior Upgrade that adds unique effects to the ability.
    When 2 upgrades reach level 3, the 4th upgrade will be enabled.
    The upgrade for the 4th ability comes with the Mastery Specialization, the masteries offers 3 options to help the hero making his own play style. Only one mastery can be selected.
    1 point to spend in a upgrade are available every 2 levels starting from level 4, and the Masteries can be purchased in the altar.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  • The Heroic Traits are special abilities that a hero can learn, there are 12 traits where the player can choose from, only one heroic trait can be selected.
    The traits are very important because they can help the hero to fulfill his role better and a good combination of traits, items and hero abilities will be determinant on the game.

[​IMG]
  • The Perks are little bonuses that a hero can learn on the levels 4,8,12,16,19.
    All of them gives bonuses like strength, intelligence, armor, damage, etc. The Perks from higher levels gives better bonuses.
    [​IMG]

Bases and Gold Mines

The Gold Mines and Bases are controllabe structures and zones respectively, and the most important factor to win the game, the Bases provides a good place to defend and can spawn units, and the Gold Mines generates the Resources used to win the game.

• The Bases are a defensive placement that provides a tower and spawns units periodically to attack enemy bases, also the base is upgraded automatically if is controlled at least 10 minutes, his mana bar shows the progress.
    Every new upgrade of a Base improves the towers stats and adds a new unit to the spawned group. The Base can be upgraded up to level 5.
    To controls a Base enters the Circle of Power an remains on it for 10 seconds, while the hero is out of combat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  • The Gold Mines are special structures that generate the Resources periodically, they are guarded be a group of units.
    - To control a Gold Mines is nessesary to kill all guards.
    - The gold mines are guarded by neutral hostiles (at the beginning).
    - The guard units are powerful and will be improved based on the corresponding Base level.

[​IMG]

Team Bosses

Each team has a powerful hero called the Boss (The Warchief for the Horde and The King for the Alliance), this hero helps the players to defend and attack objectives, he becomes stronger if the team are in a disadvatage.
The Boss is managed by an AI, one for throws spells and other to defend and attack bases. the second one can be turned off/on by enter the command -bai (any player can enter the command). For beginners is preferable to let the AI working, disable it to make team strategies.

When the second AI is disabled the Banner will be enabled.
On every Base there is a Banner next to tower, when selected the player will be able to send commands to the Boss like Attack with the next spawned units or teleport to the base.
- Attack: The Boss will attack with the next spawned units. Upon reaching the target teleports automatically to the base.
- Teleport: Teleports the Boss to the base, the teleport won't work if the current base of the Boss is this base. When is succeed the Boss guard an area around the base, defending it from enemies.​

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Ancient Obelisk

The Ancient Obelisk its a powerful structure located in the middle of the map, it is activated every certain time, the players can take the control of it.
- To take the control of the Obelisk the player need to getting closer to it and make a click on the "Control Obelisk" Ability located in the obelisk itself.
- Takes 10 seconds to control the obelisk, when is controled emits a ray of healing every 3 seconds, this heals to a random allied hero that are in combat.
- The obelisk lasts 3 minutes and will be enabled every 5 minutes of game​

[​IMG]

Items

There are a Tiered item system, every not normal items can be Tier-up 2 times, every level improves the item attributes and his ability.
To upgrade an item use the abilities inside the "Hero Information" ability that each hero have.
Also they have 4 types of classification (Weapon/Armor/Trinket/Magic Accesory). A hero can only carry 3 items of the same type.

• All items can be enchanted (except normal items and consumables) , adding more stats or new effects.
    - Some of the enchants are stackable(Multiple enchants of the same type in different items works)
    - A item can only be affected by one enchant at once.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  • In each side magical runes will be spawned periodically, every of them gives bonuses and special effects. Spawn every 2 min.
    [​IMG]

Hire Neutrals

The players can hire neutral units (level 5) from the Mercenary Camp, starting from 5 minutes of game, will be available 2 neutrals to hire.
- Every neutral unit has his unique ability.
- The hire neutrals Hp and Mp increases based on the heros main attribute.
- Every 5 min, 2 new neutral units will be available, they are chosen randomly from all level 5 hostiles.​

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

AI

The map supports AI players, they are sufficient enough to test the map, and help you understanding how to play the game a bit.
- The AI learns spells and cast them, also returns to heal and teleports to bases and gold mines to defend it.
- The AI upgrade his abilities and purchase items.
- The only difference between Easy,Normal and Insane its his gold and experience rating.
- Easy: +10% Bounty
- Normal: +5% Exp + 15% Bounty
- Insane: +10% Exp + 20% Bounty​

MORE SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

CHANGE LOG

- Released v1.0 (27/04/2019)
- Version 1.1 (10/05/2019)
- Version 1.2 (4/07/2019)
- Version 1.3 (14/07/2019)
- Version 1.4 (20/07/2019)
- Version 1.4a (21/07/2019)
- Version 1.4b (23/07/2019)
- Version 1.5 (28/07/2019)
- Version 1.6 (4/08/2019)
- Version 1.7 (16/08/2019)
- Version 1.8 (23/08/2019)
- Version 1.9 (31/08/2019)
- Version 2.0 (21/10/2019)
- Version 2.1 (19/11/2019)
Code (Text):

Bugs
Fixed some bugs with the AI pathing.
Sometimes the river runes does not respawn.
Lizard Archer E: heals even if the cobra doesn't attack.
Kelen Boots tier 3 not working.
General
New Hero Moon Mistress (Night Elf/Intelligence)
Now the gold bonus from killing heroes in the modes Obelisk Defend and Last Man Standing are given at finishing the round.
Now the level of heroes in the modes Obelisk Defend and Last Man Standing begin in 3 and are increased by 1 each round until level 9 and then will be increased by 2.
Game Mode Obelisk Defend
Increased the time between rounds from 60 to 80s.
Every round the number of attacks to take down the obelisk is increased by 2.
Only the hero attacks can damage the obelisk. (no illusion, no normal unit)
Now the missed attacks don’t damage the obelisk.
Reduced Gold bonus for each round from 800 to 700 and honor bonus from 12 to 10.
Game Mode Last Man Standing
Increased the time between rounds from 60 to 80s.
Reduced Gold bonus for each round from 800 to 700 and honor bonus from 12 to 10.
Now the Gate Towers no longer have splash damage, instead is damage has increased.
Increased Towers base Hp from 1000 to 1400
New Mechanics to capturing a Gold Mine.
The Gold Mine is guarded by a group of units (neutrals at the beginning).
The group are composed by two (range/casters) and 1 commander that have a powerful attack.
The units hp/armor/abilities are upgraded based on the side base level.
To capture a gold mine the players need to kill all units that are guarding.
The controls remains until the all guards are killed.
Capturing a Gold Mine no longer gives Exp.
Changed Gold Mine model to default one.
Rescaled hero respawn time, now takes in account the level.
Reduced Boss Rage damage reduction per level from 20% to 10%.
Heroes
Removed all level 20 abilities.
Added a level 20 perk to select.
Changed the levels where the perks are added to: 4, 8, 12, 16, 20.
Now each strength/intelligence point gives 0.03 life/mana regen.
Some abilities now have a AOE indicator.
Bandit Champion:
W: Increased damage base from 40/60/80/100 to 55/70/85/100.
R: Reduced cast range from 1100 to 800/900/1000.
R: Now the cooldown is 45 in all levels.
R: Now increases all attack damage coming from all sources (not only the bandit).
Demon Guard:
R: Increased damage base from 150/200/250 to 150/225/300.
R: Now the cooldown is 50 in all levels.
Deathsting
R: Increased cooldown from 40 to 70s.
R: Now the Scorpid Hatchlings spawns closer to the enemies.
Gnoll Warden
R: Increased cooldown from 55s to 100s.
R: Increased E damage factor from 50% to 75%.
Sup Up 2: Reworked now reduce all damage dealt from enemies affected by Scare Fangs by 12% for 7 seconds.
Goblin Grenadier
Q: Now the scatter bullets deals only 50% of the damage.
Lizard Archer:
Q: Increased mana cost from 100/110/120/130 to 120/130/140/150.
W: Increased pet’s W cooldown from 12/11/10/9s to 30/25/20/15s.
R: Increased cooldown from 60 to 100s
R: Reduced Attack Bonus from 75/95/115 to 20/40/60 and the effect are applied to the hero and his pet.
R: Increased base duration from 15s to 20s.
Shadow Slayer:
Q: Reduced move speed bonus from 25% to 10%.
E: Increased Cooldown from 14s to 16s.
Elder Sage:
Q: Increased cooldown from 50/45/40s to 65/60/55s.
Warlock:
R: Increased cooldown from 60 to 120/110/100s.
R: Now the summon has a normal attack behavior, no longer targets enemies with Nether Curse and attack only enemy heroes.
R: Reduced damage per attack.
R: Reduced Charge damage factor from 125% to 100% (deals damage equal to the total life consumed)
R: Reduced missile speed.
Up4: Changed to: Increases Inner Demon duration by 5 seconds.
WM: Reduced Inner Demon life cost bonus from 100 to 50.
Doomed Queen:
R: Increased cooldown from 45s to 60/55/50s.
Frozenshell (the hero has reworked a bit keeping the hero play style):
Q: Reduced frost duration from 3.5s to 3s.
E: Reworked.
R: Reworked.
Up3 Up4: Reworked.
Zealot
Up1: Replaced the range bonus by damage bonus +40/80/120.
Sup1: Replaced damage bonus to range bonus +400.
R: If is casted by Berserker Shadow, no longer move the hero with him.
R: Increased area of effect from 200 to 270.
R: Increased cooldown from 35s to 55s.
Up4: Replaced, R Deals 50% more base damage to enemies with less than 30% of his hp.
Voodoo Priest:
Q: Reduced cooldown from 10s to 8s.
Q: Now jumps 3 times between heroes. Each jump reduces the effectivity by 15%.
Q: If jumps on a hexed hero deals no reduced damage.
Q: Reduced damage from 90/130/170/210 to 90/120/150/180.
Q: Rescaled mana cost.
W: Hex replaced by Spiritual Room.
Up1 and Up2: reworked.
R: Reworked Visuals.
R: Rescaled cooldown from 45s to 80/70/60s.
WM: Changed to, Increases R Ether count by 1.
Bone Crusher
R: Increased cooldown from 50s to100s.
R: Increased duration from 15s to 20s.
Earthbinder
E: Reduced duration from 25s to 20s.
R: Increased cooldown from 55s to 110s.
R: Increased golem damage bonus from 30/40/50 to 40/50/60.
Sacred Defender
E: Increased cooldown from 18s to 20s.
E: Reduced “great” amount from 100/140/180/220 to 100/120/140/160.
E: Reduced “small” amount from 50/70/90/110 to 50/60/70/80.
SUp3: Reduced duration bonus to E from 3s to 2s to match ticks duration.
Up2: Increased heal factor from 15/30/45% to 30/40/50%.
R: Increased cooldown from 60s to 120/100/80s.
Disruption Magus
Q: Reduced base silence duration from 2/2.5/3/3.5s to 2.5s.
W: Magic Walls no longer deals damage.
W: Rescaled duration from 3/3/4/4s to 3/3.5/4/4.5s
W: Rescaled cooldown from 25s to 30/27/24/21s.
R: Reduced stun duration from 0.75s to 0.5s.
R: Rescaled area of effect from 300 to 200/250/300.

Detailed Change log

CREDITS

Judash
Tauer
Kellym0
Champara Bros
JesusHipster
dhguardianes
soulreaver6
Hermit
Ujimasa Hojo
nGy
eubz
Emergenzy
Tranquil
NewbieMapper
JetFangInferno
tobyfat50
Sellenisko
HammerFist132
PROXY
LordT
ItsMyGeneration
PeeKay
Tarrasque
Stan0033
Mike
s4nji
MarkSpartak
Shyster
BurninRose
UgoUgo
marcus158
Amigurumi
ILH
DragoonZombie
xyzier_24
-Grendel
Direfury
Callahan
PrMosquito
DarkEvil
ratamahatta
Mythic
Wolverine
Mc!
Marcelo Hossomi
Fingolfin
HungaryMaster (Magyar)
Skizzik
Spellbound
Darkholme
Hueter
Kantarion
Illidan_09
LoDown
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Kyzerdrood32
NFWar
Golden-Drake
Serbianbeast
Scorpions
Eldin HawkWing
Darkfang
Maurx
Murcologist
Blizzard Entertainment

AUTHOR NOTES

Personal Thoughts

I never started a serious project on warcraft 3, therefore this is my first work released to the community. I had the idea long time ago and its evolved with the time, i like the result and I plan to continue working on the map.
With the coming of Reforged, gave me much more desire to finish it and and I'm looking forward to another project with the new era that is about to begin.
Thanks to all people that make the community that keep my beloved warcraft 3 alive.

Contents

Golden Lands v2.1 (Map)

Reviews
Alxen345
ReviewGolden Lands [IMG] Key ConceptAoS - A kind of AoS which I never seen before. I like that you added plenty pieces of information.:pgrin: The loading screen is nice. Is good that you can see your hero's details well enough before choosing it. I...
Lord_Marrowgrath
Firstly I like the whole map. I think, It's based on WoW battlegrounds. Here is my review Terrain + Terrain smooth and detailed. + Less doodad and pure quality + It reminds me a wow battleground. + It fits gameplay Gameplay + Combat is non-stop. +...
Uncle
I only played one game game against AI but I have to say that everything felt really crisp and you did a great job with the terrain and UI/presentation. From what little I played the heroes seemed fairly original and their designs had a recurring...
deepstrasz
You should use another colour than the second red for team 1's AI. The first player is already red. Why does Honour have the icon of the teleportation stone? Maybe make a special box/unit where you enchant items with a finite number of inventory...
  1. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Review
    Golden Lands
    [​IMG]
    Key Concept
    AoS - A kind of AoS which I never seen before. I like that you added plenty pieces of information.:pgrin: The loading screen is nice. Is good that you can see your hero's details well enough before choosing it. I played this one the moment you uploaded it and every time on updates to see how you evolved.
    [​IMG]
    Gameplay
    Heroes are well designed and they have cool abilities. Can say the same thing about the items, I like that organized them well.:plol: I played almost all of your heroes but the one that I liked the most was Death Sting. The combats are cool and you managed to add interesting things into it, like the commander of each faction. I like how tried to differentiate the gameplay by changing the victory mechanic. Heroes can enhance their skills. Looks like a talent tree.:peek: Thumbs up for that! The multiboard is very detailed, good job for that, you added everything in it. There's global experience. I suggest you remove this. Having such thing in AoS is not the best thing but it's up to you. Aside from those, I haven't seen any bugs. Is great that you impleneted AI as well. Though they cast their spells well in fights, they do not seem to buy items.:pshock:
    [​IMG]
    Terrain & Aesthetics
    Same as the gameplay, the map layout is different that most AoS and I like how the terrain looks.:plol: The bases are well designed and really fit their factions.
    [​IMG]
    Wizardry
    Well designed spells from simple to really custom ones. Good job on that!:pwink:
    [​IMG]
    Final Suggestions
    Add more heroes, remove the global experience thing, the commanders seem to have the same spells, I believe they should have abilities that fit their race. Make the AI buy items. :pcon:There are also minor spelling errors.

You've done a good job. This one should go in approved state. My rating for it is 5/5

2. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks i'm glad that like you.

- I will be add more heroes soon, i'm working on 2 new ones.
    - The globals experience its only applied for map objectives, capture a Gold Mine or Base gives experience to all players of the team. Also killing the enemy boss also gives exp globally. But the experience of creeps and heroes is shared between nearby heroes.
    - The Bosses has the same spells for equality, at beginning i had the idea of making thematic spells but its seems hard to balance.
    - The AI buy items, you has downloaded this version?, i remember that in the previous beta version they don't buy items.
    - If you point me where is the spelling errors it can help me.​

Thanks for the review.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  3. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Firstly I like the whole map. I think, It's based on WoW battlegrounds. Here is my review

Terrain

+ Terrain smooth and detailed.
    + Less doodad and pure quality
    + It reminds me a wow battleground.
    + It fits gameplay

Gameplay

+ Combat is non-stop.
    + There are no destroy base priority. It makes different gameplay.
    + Global experience good thing for that gameplay. It feels you are working together as a team.
    + Capture objective makes map alive.
    + To many variations of items.
    + Players can understand capture base by horn sound. It makes to focus your objective.
    + Combat Texts are good.
    + I love cooldown bar.
    - Heroes become main thing on mid game. Creeps not effective to much.
    - AI becomes so powerfull on early game. It's hard to challange for me like a newbie.
    - Portals need delay or something like that. I can escape instantly from the area. And camera doesnt focus on my hero.
    - Buying mercanery system useless on late game. Heroes can kill them instantly
    - Items are confusing for newbies. There are upgrade/enchant and recipe system. (it's good but confusing)

Heroes

+ 15 heroes but too many build for your hero. It makes better gameplay. (I like options for heroes)
    + 5 ability / 1 Perk selects from 12 / 3 talent-Side effects / Masteries. It's hard to understand on begining but I played 1 hero with 4 different ways.
    + Upgrading your abilties.
    - Upgrading your abilites by honor point makes unbalance between heroes. 1 hero can carry the whole game.
    - Many items need honor point. If you are weak game forces to rage-quit you.

Suggestions

= Add suggested item vendors for heroes. It will be easy to understand builds. (Leaguge of legends system, you need to know which item usefull for your hero)
    = My own suggestion: import warsong glutch/arathi basin war theme to your map from WoW. It makes better atmosphere
    = Add tooltip on gameplay ( -tooltip etc.)
    = Nerf the AI or add option for AI Level (It's best AI I have ever Seen before on hiveworkshop, do not misunderstand)
    = Add camera focus on way gates
    = Add more powerfull mercenaries and change their costs.
    = Add global honor point events for weak players on mid game
    = Hero selection system is too detailed. It's good but I spend 10 min to how to select my hero.
    = Add upgrade to creeps.

Overall 5/5 your map is unique. I enjoyed much. And your map forced me to try every heroes.
    Good luck by the way.

4. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes its based on the Arathi Basin BG, mainly because the goal its getting x amount of resources to win.

The creeps are upgraded every 7 minutes (more HP and attack damage) and the towers become stronger (more HP, armor and damage) with every level, yeah in some points the tower its strong enough to get rid of a lot of creeps alone. maybe this require a bit of balance maybe i will view how the creeps are upgrade. i don't want super strong creeps because if the enemy team has 3 bases vs 1 base of your team, the creeps are accumulated fast and its a bit hard to get rid of a bunch of them.

Actually the AI has 3 levels of power, the easy AI only has 10% increased exp. But i think that the main reason that AI are too strong its because they play the game how it should be, they make decisions fast, better than a newbie that are expending his time viewing how the game works. But with practice i think the AI are complitely easy to win.

The portal its rigth i think, they offers a better way to defend/attack objectives from the other side of the map, if they don't exist or are disabled for a time defending/ambush/attack enemies will be more difficult because there are only a bit way to go.
    And about the camera, you are right, i will implement that when i figured how to detect when a unit uses the portal ability.

The neutrals gains bonus HP and MP based on the hero main attribute but i think it's not enough for the late game. Maybe i will add a way to hide this unit and the hero can call it when it requires. more like a pet system.

Yeah the items are not friendly to newbies, and i'm thinking about to how making it more simple. Maybe the recipe system will be gone for the future updates.

A hero can upgrade 1 ability per level. But the upgrade cost honor that is used for purchase the recipes of items as well.
    Maybe increasing the level skip requeriment to 2 levels. Or maybe requires some balance.

Yeah, when your team are lossing, its a bit hard to get honor points, the best solution for this its attacks together with your boss, because he increases his Rage level and deals more damage, but the AI tend to go alone to get objectives.
    The suggestion that will be good here is, when you are lossing, dont fight alone vs 2,3 heroes, take advantage of the boss rage, attack gold mines to force the enemies to defend it and leave, go for neutrals, basically bait the enemies, when the other team has various points captured its hard to defend all of them.

Good suggestion, i will add it.

I already have the Capture/Loss points from Arathi Basin, do you refer to the music theme? if yes would be good, i will implement it.

I don't understand.

Like i said above, its question of practice, and thanks, i was spending too much time on this AI :D.

Yeah i will change to mercenaries to make it more viable.

Capturing bases and gold mines gives honor globally, and every kill of any player gives 2 honor globally. The hero don't loose honor when killed. But i will take care about.

Yeah its hard the first time, i will think about this.

The creeps are upgraded every 7 min, and every new level of the towers adds 1 new unit to the spawned group.

Thanks for the review, it motivates me to making more changes to the map :).

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  5. Uncle

Uncle

Resources:
    Resources:
    I only played one game game against AI but I have to say that everything felt really crisp and you did a great job with the terrain and UI/presentation. From what little I played the heroes seemed fairly original and their designs had a recurring theme that promoted a certain style of gameplay unique to the hero. I enjoyed conquering objectives to gain Honor, and I really enjoyed the amount of customization each hero had between Items, Enchants, Ability Masteries, and Talents. Overall, a really solid AoS map. 4/5.

Some issues I had:
    -Messy tooltips. Some spelling mistakes and over complicated tooltips. Add a description for Gold/Honor in the top right UI. Also, I noticed that your tooltips for learning an ability are a lot better than your already learned tooltips. I think you should use the learning format that separated the abilities description from the actual stats like damage, slow %, duration, etc.

-The Talents (the stats that you could level up every few levels on your hero) seemed unbalanced. I noticed at one point I could choose from: "+25 to One Attribute" OR "+20 to All Stats". I clearly went with +20 to All Stats seeing as how that amounts to a total of +60 Stats versus +25. I'd lower the +All Stats to something like 5/10/15 or increase the single stat.

-Overall balancing seems all over the place, but that's to be expected with AoS games. Me and 2 of my AI allies couldn't fight a lower level hero (The scorpion hero) because he had the Regeneration Rune. Not sure if this is intended, but it seemed a bit too powerful.

-Not sure if there are tips or a guide, but if not, maybe add a -Noob command that will give the player tips throughout the game. Like a tip for when you get enough honor (25+) to upgrade your skills, a tip for when you have enough gold for a recipe, a tip for when you can level up a new Talent.

6. Krotos

Krotos

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Played the map with a friend and one thing that bothered us was that the AI picks heroes before the players do, heavily limiting the amount of options we had as a result. Could you make it so that the AI picks heroes after players?

7. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice suggestion, i think that the tooltips are a bit confusing even with the highlighted words. Making the format same as the learn tooltip will be good. also will be more flexible if i want to implement dynamic tooltips in a future.

You are right, this need a bit more balancing to make all the options viable and useful.

Do you reffer to the short dash? the scorpion hero selects the "Flash Recovery" heroic trait, that it allows he to dash a short distance and heals him upon end, based on his level, but this heal can make a "Critical" increases the healing too much. Maybe this hero it's a bit unbalanced (movility ability [E], magic resistance [Q}, good slow [W]) in the next version will be nerfed a bit.

Yeah i will be add a Tips system to help players, good suggestion.

Thanks for playing the map, i will handle all your suggestions :).

Ups i changed the elapsed time that AI starts picking heroes for testing purposes, and i forgot change it again.

In the next version it will be fixed, thanks for playing the map.

Regards.

8. Uncle

Uncle

Resources:
    Resources:
    It wasn't Flash Recovery (I was using that myself), I think it was the Healing powerup/rune that you can pick up. I assumed you had made one similar to the DotA Regen Rune, except that in this case it isn't dispelled upon taking damage. I saw some kind of nature icon in his status bar, I'll have to play again since it's all becoming a bit foggy now.

9. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The healing rune its not similar to DotA because it heals you instantly based on your level.
    One item gives rejuvenation but in the item build of the hero this item not exist.
    The Elder Sage (E) ability makes healing overtime and has a nature icon.
    The Healing Salve item recovers Hp and Mp periodically and cannot be dispelled upon taking damage. The AI sometimes purchase this item and uses it.
    Some of big sources of healing that the map has is the healing of Paladin's (E) and the heroic trait (Replenish).

Regards

10. Uncle

Uncle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah, now I'm all sorts of confused. Maybe it was just a healing salve, because I believe I had the Elder Sage on my team (I remember being healed by him, Furion model?). So if it was the Healing Salve then perhaps have it dispel from taking damage, or, maybe reduce it's effect by like 50% or something while in combat. Or keep it the same as it is, now that I realize how it works it's not a big deal.

Anyway, good luck with the map.

11. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The salve heals 250 Hp in 30 seconds, that means 8.33 Hp per second.
    Reducing it to 50% during combat would be nice.

Thanks for the suggestions :).

EDIT:
    Fixed the time when AI start picking heroes.
    I'm working on a new system to learn the hero upgrades.
    The Upgrades can be learned directly in the hero, and has a better tooltip structure.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  12. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    New Update!!
    - New Hero.
    [​IMG]
    - Changes the way of Upgrades can be learned and more.

Regards.

Attached Files:

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You should use another colour than the second red for team 1's AI. The first player is already red.
    Why does Honour have the icon of the teleportation stone?
    Maybe make a special box/unit where you enchant items with a finite number of inventory slots. I guess you could use the stash for it?

Well, there's a whole lot of stuff going on that needs time to take in properly. It's an expansive AoS.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

14. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Do you refer to the color of the Horde Team? the red its representative for The Horde and it's a bit darkened, i will search for other variations of red.

Ups i didn't notice, i will change the honor icon.

I'm not sure if uderstand this, do you refer to make a unit with inventory, so the player can place the item in this unit and give the unit a way to enchant the items?
    at the beginning I thought do it like this, but selecting a specific enchant will be difficult because there are a lot enchants to choose from.

I'm remaking the items, and possibly the mechanic of enchanting will be changed as well.

The map it's overwhelming the first time, but when you take it, its easy to play and i'm thinking many more features but also thinking a way to make it more friendly to newbies.

Thanks for approval :).

15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There's no other red variation but you could make the first player something else than red then.

16. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You are right there are only 2 variations of red.
    Well, i will change it, red for the Horde and blue for the Alliance, the others for the players.

17. Ronaldomaq

Ronaldomaq

Resources:
    Resources:
    awesome map! I stayed the whole Sunday playing.
    I've been playing mobas since before mobas and I was amazed at the originality of your map. Great work
    looking forward for future updates o /

18. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i'm working on a big patch regarding the items, as well a new agility hero.

Thanks for playing :D.

19. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    After a long time, new version available, fully working on 1.31.1 patch.

New Hero: Goblin Grenadier (Agility/Neutral)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Version 1.2
    - Removed recipe system by a Tier-up item system.
    - Added new Items.
    - Balance Changes.
    - And more.
    - Full changelog here. Golden Lands Updates

Attached Files: