1. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Goblin's tale!

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Mr.Goblin, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caedrus

Caedrus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes. The cloud will also explode, dealing instantaneous damage (but destroying the cloud). All cloud spells in the game work this way. Likewise, all cloud spells can have their areas increased by God Hand. Poison Cloud / God Hand / Super Serum on an Engineer / Napalm is one of many examples of a very effective team combo in this game. :thumbs_up:

Unstable Elixir is either single target or an AoE of varying size based on whether or not you charge it up (basically, how long you channel it before throwing). The longer you shake up the flask, the bigger the explosion will be. Just like soda pop :thumbs_up:

And yes, it heals AND boosts armor.

One of the standard status effect in A Goblin's Tale will be "mini," which will make those affected appear squashed and short (it changes the proportions of their models). This commonly results from enemies being squashed, such as by the Steamwarrior's God Hand spell, or the Mage's Crushing Mass. Among other things, this affects whether the plant decides an enemy is too big to Devour kodo style or not.

Like with the aforementioned fog effects, Mini is another standard effect that has unique interactions. One of my aims with a Goblin's Tale was to create a variety of standard effects unique from those of WC3 (and WC3 mods in general) which facilitated and encouraged active combos between multiple players by having effects interact with each other.

All hero spells will have their damage multiplied by Super Serum. Try it with things like Fatal Strike, ultimates, or a Napalm chain explosion :)

I'm still debating that.

No. You simply start with them, and they do not scale.

2. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cadrus what are you doing on this map?
    Sorry I didnt follow this project few months....

3. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Art and Graphic Design Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Making the gameplay 10 times more awesome..

you see, don't know if you remembered, but it was originaly planned that Goblin's Tale Classes spells would allow combos.. between them and with items that you brought.

although the spells we've concepted (Before Caedrus arrival) were good, but sucky for that kind of gameplay I was looking for.

After 2 weeks of hard work and Debate Caedrus changed most of the spells (with my coatching) to allow the players to REALLY make combos. He's a coder... I'm not.. he knows what is possible .. I don't.

So basicly Chapeau to Him for making such a wonderfull spells concept.

''with abit of my help'' hehe :grin:

4. Caedrus

Caedrus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am designing much of the gameplay mechanics now (including having redesigned what was already there pretty much from the ground up). Spells, classes, enemies, stats, balance, flow, etc etc.

I also have become the main trigger coder, and help out with a few other things here and there (for example, I worked with M.G to pick out a custom soundtrack for A Goblin's Tale. For example, this is the battle theme we're currently planning to use: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/avqq1c/_files/FF_Crystal_Chronicles_Music_-_Monster_s_Round_Dance__Rondo_%2864kbps%29.mp3.)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  5. Koloricsi

Koloricsi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awsome music, gives this whole Goblin and "Hawaii" themed map a GREAT feeling/atmosphere.

6. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Then, I am so glad that you Caedrus joined this project.I hope this project will be finished !

7. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hehe thanks.. Caedrus almost killed me, because for 3 hours, each songs he showed me I went = No.. it's not right, it doesn't work. :\

and that's for 3 songs ^^ hehe

I'm happy my choice is loved by the others.

8. andrewsarch6

andrewsarch6

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've been following this thread for a few weeks now and it looks very cool. But what exactly is a hero defence? I've probably played one on BNET, but I don't know exactly what it is. I hope it's not like that DotA or AoS stuff

9. Gamecrafter_DK

Gamecrafter_DK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's a game in which the players each take on a role of a hero, and fight through waves of computer controlled creeps (CCC :D), that seek to kill the heroes / reach a certain point. The heroes must then, of course, try to fend off the creeps.

Dota and AoS is a sub genre to hero defense. it's more or less competitive hero defense.

You might recognize games from this genre by seeing some names:
    Enfo's, X-hero siege or the like. It's a vast genre. Quite popular as well.

10. Raging Ent

Raging Ent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No, aos is a genre.

11. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    Defend you (your) village against terrible waves of angry murlocs. Survive their annihilation in 12 difficult waves. Discover new tactics with your team. Learn how to use items and spells to increase your damages, and have fun in this epic adventure.

Dynamic Enemis (Enemies)

12. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I hate myself for not seeing these errors... thanks mate

13. Caedrus

Caedrus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Eh, that's how it usually is. I tend to go through a coupla hundred songs in my oversized library before picking something out. It's got to be just right. :thumbs_up:

Anyways, I now have all 3 songs compressed to maximum efficiency with a fancy shmancy professional sound editing tool (thanks to my friend Renegade Paladin) without losing any quality (that a human can notice, at least). So they're now less than half the size that songs normally take up in a map.

For example, got this little number down to 515kb (before map compression) for a boss theme, sounds just like the original: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/qs3pgu/_files/Alestorm_-_No_QuarterLoop%2864kbps%29.mp3. That version of "Monster's Round Dance - Rondo" was also compressed.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  14. sF.ThisIsGay

sF.ThisIsGay

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, this is honestly pretty epic, you have a story for every character. that's pretty amazing if you ask me, sooo much work went into this map im definably going to play this.

15. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    youhou! an other fan!..

thanks for following us!

Spread the good word!.. to your friend!...family!...doggy! more active this thread is and more actively we will work.. cause that's the best motivation, to know that people care about your work.

P.S: sF.ThisIsGay, change your avatar before getting some (-)negative reputation.

16. Gamecrafter_DK

Gamecrafter_DK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ... AoS is Aeon of Strife. It's probably one of the first maps of that type, but it's not the genre. it's okay to say "AoS style map", but you can't say that it's an AoS. -.-

and competitive hero defense might not be what most people call it, but that's what it is.

17. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    The multi talented son of Old Grammy and Ol’Edgard. This respected goblins made out his reputation by himself, without the help of his parent’s background. A few years before being given control over the village, he managed to halt a dangerous Jungle Troll tribe that attemplted (Attempted) to capture the village for its tactical position. With a few explosives, a small crew and a brilliant strategy, he killed every single troll one by one, taking advantage of them scattering. Nazzran was elected as the leader of the village following that courageous and outstanding act. Also, being the son of Ol’Edgard, the previous Chief, the leadership was handed to him reluctantly.

The story of Robert is quite outstanding; his parents were part of the group who founded the village, they were sailors and were the two who discovered this special place, where the village is now establish (established). Bobby was born pretty much the same year as the three goblin engineers and the Golddigger children. Even though he enjoyed his childhood, his love for discovering the sea and new lands awakened with the two parents he had. When he got old enough, he left the village, and through a matter of circumstances became a pirate after meeting the wrong kind of people. His surname came from his high sense of direction on the sea, which made people think he could actually see the lands from that far. You can find him [...].

This strange goblin, by his words, came from the Southern village. He’s easily recognised by his height, his dirtiness and his massive black dress he wears, even during the day in this tropical country. He calls himself an adventurer but everybody knows he doesn’t have the spirit of one or the look of one. His story and his reasons why he came to the village is unknown, but it surely involves some degree of crime which might have ended as banishment from his homeland. If you seek him, he has some artefacts (artifacts) to sell you. You can find him [...].

How TF did you make those BBCodes like that, man? Gotta Quote your post and study it. Now! :smile:

18. Dromlexer

Dromlexer

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    That turtle seems like it's in a HQ modelled

19. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    do you still need icons for some of those abilities?

20. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I managed to pull it off, but took me A LOT! of time... it can be confusing when there's THAT much BBcode.. but since their simple to use, it's no bid deal...

and thanks a lot for pointing those errors out <3 (you shall have a cookie!)

oh really? >.>

No shit sherlock! haha, they'll come in due time when I will have the time to do them.. and I promise that every time I made an icon, I'll upload it to this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.