• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Glamogath Front Gate WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
ss18nw.jpg

ss29xs.jpg

ss33mk.jpg

This is the start of the gate for Glamogath, the capatil of The Western Kingdom and the biggest city in Arcarius.

Level 24
Shados said:
Rao Dao Zao said:
Eh, hate to burst your bubble, but... It's CAPITAL.

I hate to burst YOUR bubble but "capital" is for letters and it's "capitol" for cities!

P.S. The English language is EVIL!

Well I hate to burst YOUR bubble but it is actualy spelt capital. Ok this is starting to get to off-topc so no more about the spelling of capatal.

Archian said:
proabaly from born2modificate's model pack or something

Correct. I've got a nice campaign screen also from that pack that i'll show everyone soon.

Level 7
it looks fantastic :shock:
anyway i think capitol and capital are both correct, they are most likely AE (american english) and BE (british english) variations.
and i am against the idea of making peasants, at least dont make them move mindlessly. it looks damn stupid that way.

Level 24
SFilip said:
i am against the idea of making peasants, at least dont make them move mindlessly. it looks damn stupid that way.

Well I am hopfuly going to use triggers to make each unit have a sought of timetable. At one time in the game they will be somewhere, another time somewhere else, for example a peasant will most likely be found wandering the streets at day, but at night they could be in their house.

Level 24
Well actualy the Oblivion characters go to a difference place each day, unless they have to be at a certain place for a reason. These characters will be doing pretty much exactly the same thing each day most likely. And no I am not going to start working on the AI until we have the starting maps terrain finished.

Level 10
Umm. . .I'll offe rmy two cents worth I guess. The models are very good and well done. The terrain is flat, but you've probably realized this as they are only WIP's. . .

I've been wanting to see a demo or something playable for this map for some time so I'm glad people are still working on it. . .

"Capital" can be used for everything.
"Capitol" can be used for cities.

Level 23
SFilip said:
Deckboy said:
"Capital" can be used for everything.
"Capitol" can be used for cities.
ok i asked my friend who's native language is english...
capital city is the correct expression. capitol most likely doesn't even count as a word in english.

Thank you sir! Yes, capitol is not a word in proper English. My guess is it's an americanism. My native language is English too, and I got an A last year. No more arguments! 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.