• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Gladius.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Well thats a basic sword that i made from the Frostmourne skin.
This is the first atachment i made but i thnik it looks kinda good.
I palyed with the alpha skining alot.
The blade of the sword is like the one of the roman sword called gladius.
The handle is a bit difrent. I incrusted the sword with blue gems.
Hope you like it ! If you have any critics (wich i am shure there will be) comment so i can change it to the best :)

Keywords:
Gladius, Frostmourne, FrostmMourne, Arthas, Rome, Sword, Gems, cash42.
Contents

Gladius (Texture)

Reviews
12:41, 19th Mar 2010 67chrome: This needs more effort, right now it seems very flat. It lacks shading period, and certain details seem a little off in their coloration as well. to get metal or gems to look metallic or faceted you really need to add...

M

12:41, 19th Mar 2010
67chrome: This needs more effort, right now it seems very flat. It lacks shading period, and certain details seem a little off in their coloration as well. to get metal or gems to look metallic or faceted you really need to add a lot of dramatic shifts in tone, with intense shading and highlights in close proximity. I'd recommend checking out the skinning tutorials on this site (they are located under the 2D art section of the tutorials).

As a side note I find it mildly comical that you turned the only two-handed sword in the game into a type of sword that was so short it could almost be called a dagger, but that's not going to stop this from getting approved. Not shading it or spending a decent amount of time on it will.