1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

GilneasWoman.BLP

Submitted by varsaigen
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
A replacement texture for the Villager Woman. This is a villager from the Walled nation of Gilneas.

Not much to change on the Female Villager skin, but I did my best to mimic the appearance of one of the Gilnean wardrobes.

Please do not alter or redistribute without proper permission.

---
If this is approved, I think I could create some of the other designs, to give you all some variation. :)

Update: More free-hand on the dress. The blindingly white shirt is now grayer. Cloth texture used to give more detail. )It appears to tint the clothes grayish. :/ So clothes are not as rich in color as they used to be.

Upadte2: Changed colors of dress to a more olive-green color, and her hair is now black.

Keywords:
Woman, villager, female, Worgen, human, Gilnaes, innocent, Greymane, Wall, Manor, Cataclysm, World of Warcraft, peasant, varsaigen
Contents

GilneasWoman.BLP (Texture)

Reviews
15:00, 15th Apr 2011 shiiK: Cleaning up skins that have been rejected (until updated) for more than a month - moving to rejected permanently due lack of updates since last moderation. No new review of the skin has been made. If you feel that this...
  1. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    haven't he already said that this is just changing of the dress? you sir, haven't even read his posts correct..

2. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    He judges, not even knowing what a Gilnean is? Oo

3. Cavman

Cavman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    could do a higher contrast on the face to hair. Make her skin a little paler, and her hair near black. Could freehand all the hair and parts of the face. Also maybe turn the brown parts that kinda dark grey green, free handed of course.

4. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    finally! specifics! I'll see if I can do that. :D

5. Cavman

Cavman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    :D You're welcome. Just want to see this skin turn out cool, cause if it does it would work great in/on the female Worgen villager model I have in the making.

6. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Dang. You and I are on the same page. XD This skin was a byproduct of the Worgen villager I've been making XD This way, I can simply add in a fur texture, and if I have this on a model instead of just as a skin, the worgen will be able to switch between human and worgen forms, and have both skins avaliable.

7. darkdeathknight

darkdeathknight

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I said maybe change the COLOUR of the dress. I did not say "you only changed the dress"

I dont have to know what it is, if I'm judging something in general.I meant that I don't know the lore. I saw his Concept image so I know what it's supposed to look like. When I said to change the colour of the dress because sometimes its better to slightly deviate from the original.
    If you dont like that maybe choose another one of the people in the screenshot and do their skin.

8. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Current WIP. Let's see what you guys think of it now. :) I think I like how Cavman's suggesstion turned out. :)
    villager2_comparison.jpg

For some odd reason, there is a brown line running up the middle of her hair. I can't seem to find it anywhere on the texture. It simply appears on the model. :/

9. Cavman

Cavman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    the line is probably the top of the hair on the texture, against her face's part. Just extend the gray/blackness up a little over the bottom couple pixels. Also, looking good! :D

Also would suggest some more definition on the buttons. Kinda flat at the moment.

10. darkdeathknight

darkdeathknight

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The shirt is slightly a bit too dark.

11. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    ah. ok. Since the head (half a face on the texture) is up against the border, I don't know just how easy it will be fixed. :/

I can make the shirt lighter. I was wondering if it was too dark, as well. :/

Edit: It would appear that the brown line cannot be fixed. No brown exists anywhere near the hair or face, so I am baffled as to HOW it could still be there. (This makes no sense! D:)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  12. Cavman

Cavman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Take a screen shot of where the brown shows up and I'll check where it it on the wrap.

13. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Here is what it currently looks like. I darkened the hair some more, and lightened up her shirt. villager_gilneas3.jpg

And here is that disgusting stripe on her head. The further away you get, the brighter, and more obvious it becomes. It's like a bright light shining for the world to see :c villager2_stripe.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  14. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    make her dress black

15. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    then it'd be too dark. It used to be brown, and a dark gray was too monotnous for the rest of the clothes, so now, with Cavman's suggesstions, it has a more olige-green tint. I think it looks better that way. :)

Besides, it would be almost impossible to show thew shading if it were black. (And sacridshadow points out: "She's not going to a funeral")

16. Cavman

Cavman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    The green/grey adds some needed color variation too. Also, found where the brown is located on the wrap.

Got an idea though, Try changing the TC for the model to something like blue or green in what ever program you use to view the model. See if that changes the stripe.

Attached Files:

17. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    TC changing didn't alter the stripe. And last I checked, the spot where the stripe is wrapped from is black as well. :/

As for the gray and green, what sort of variation are we talking about?

Edit: Ah. found the brown. It was a 1 pixel wide bar across the hair that I missed from when I desaturated the hair to give it the gray color, and darkened it.

Edit 2: ... for some odd reason, I have managed to color it black, yet it remains brown on the model. But it I slap on a massive amount of black over the area, it copies this black blob onto the model successfully... This is messed up.... :c

18. Cavman

Cavman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    No, was saying that the grey/greed adds it, not that you needed to add more.

19. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    ah. I think I misread it as "I need to add more variation" rather than the colors help display the model better...

20. Cavman

Cavman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Yeah. And one more idea. the bottom few pixel layers and the top few of the hair, right where that brown is, put a filter over it and make those layers all greyscale. See if that helps.