• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GhoulmagicLQ.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Right, so first skin I've ever made, I suppose its some kind of ghoul that lived through a magical cataclysm and now has a warped body and hunger for mana and such. Took about an hour and a half to make.

Its got some recoloring and a copy paste (Gargoyle face, but it was re textured/shaded to match the ghouls face more, I feel its quite different from the original)

I tried to change as much as possible while still keeping it a ghoul, which I found hard to do, but the main reason I wanted to share it was to get some feedback and ideas for improvements and ways to make it more unique and higher quality(i.e. less recolor/more original)

Thanks! Do with it what you will, no need for credits and such if you find a use for it. (Couldn't really get a good screen shot, it looks much better in game)

Keywords:
Ghoul, Mana Fiend, Undead
Contents

Ghoul.blp (Texture)

Reviews
10:37, 7th Aug 2009 67chrome: This skin is CnP, recolor, and the original, which makes up for around 0% of the 75% freehand rule, and you messed up the alpha channels for the hair as well :( (shading CnP or the original skin does not count as...

M

10:37, 7th Aug 2009
67chrome: This skin is CnP, recolor, and the original, which makes up for around 0% of the 75% freehand rule, and you messed up the alpha channels for the hair as well :( (shading CnP or the original skin does not count as freehand work) First skins are usually always rejected, and this one is no exception.

If you want to get helpful feedback on making a skin better post it in the 2D art forums, I would also highly advise reviewing skinning tutorials, you could get alpha channels to work correctly that way. The tutorials could also direct you to tools that greatly aid in skinning. As for future screenshots you can always hold down Ctrl and scroll with the mouse to zoom in and out.

Level 3
Haha, the gargoyle skin is supposed to be a mask of sorts. I tried to free hand one but it turned out dreadful, im not much of a drawer.

And mare, unfortunately it is kind of a lot of recolor. I added boots, changed the whole face, and added some markings to the back/shoulder cloth. That's why i asked for feedback and ways to change it while still keeping it a ghoul :p

Level 25
The screenshot shows off more terrain than the actual skin. I'd advise replacing it with a better screenshot which is closer to the Ghoul so we can really see it.

I like it. The face is nice and the other edits to the skin aren't too bad either.