• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Getting Icons from Warcraft {extracting icons and other images}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've searched the tutorials beyond frustration, and haven't found an answer, which usually means its so simple no one bothered to explain it.

So, my question is: How do you export default icons and other images from Warcraft? My goal is to edit a default image for my map, rather than starting from scratch.

Level 7
I've searched the tutorials beyond frustration, and haven't found an answer, which usually means its so simple no one bothered to explain it.

So, my question is: How do you export default icons and other images from Warcraft? My goal is to edit a default image for my map, rather than starting from scratch.

Try downloading the texture exporter (one moment, I need to check it's name) in the tools section.
Edit: it is called the "image extractor"
Note: I am not entirely sure if this tool is capable of exporting loading screens, but it may be. In any case, if that was what you attempting to do, then I appologize, but I am quite sure that it can export icons and (some) textures. I hope this helps you:grin:
Also: I assume by "warcraft" that you are refering to warcraft 3, if not, please say so. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.