• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Genn Greymane Remake

Update: This is a fully remade Genn Greymane model.
  • Portrait added
  • Pistol Firing Animation done, you can add ranged spell with animation “attack spell 1” now
  • Recolored to more WOW concept
  • New Gilneas Symbol on new pauldrons (No more Kul Tiras anchors)
  • Proudmoore’s Cutlass replaced with Greymane’s Rapier
  • Braid added
  • More fierce wolf head with more hair
Many thanks to @Altruistic Anduin , who kindly made Genn Greymane's Icon using his image during the battle of Lordaeron. I remade a different one with Genn's in-game image to fit the model's color.

Much appreciated that @Mr Ogre man is so nice to fix model and potrait problems and give me a lot of useful advice.

206306-871f2eae259c8f618a2d022fa5eea4e4.gif

2021/10/24 Update:
  • Portrait fixed, lips and voices now fully functional
  • Human form added, with working portrait, for icon, I suggest using Dagren the Orcslayer
206441-82ea6ba0d43886282924a43451d4b934.gif

2021/10/28 Update:

Great worgen form sounds made by nice @Altruistic Anduin had been added as assets, that sounds very husky. It really suits his worgen form. Many thanks to Altruistic Anduin, both for icon and sound.
Previews
Contents

Genn Greymane Human Form (Model)

Genn Greymane Human Form Portrait (Model)

Genn Greymane Remake (Model)

Genn Greymane Portrait Remake (Model)

Genn Greymane Icon Remake (Icon)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Great unit and quite different from Daelin. Hopefully you'll learn how to make them talk soon.
Level 8
It may sound trite, but it would be better to make a Worgen look without any weapons, and as an alternative stance. As the main one - the human form. In it, he can use 2 attacks, normal and alternative. you can also add a musket firing animation to the Spell. In Worgen Form, I would recommend the Druid Bear Skeleton.

Level 8
Honestly your models have potential. If you polish them a bit they could be really nice !

So good work, but I think you should try to polish animations and some design :)

Honestly your models have potential. If you polish them a bit they could be really nice !

So good work, but I think you should try to polish animations and some design :)
Thanks a lot! I'm still learning Retera's great tool, right now I plan to make a whole Gilneas model pack, I may start to polish details and animations after my first reforged altered melee map done.
WC3ScrnShot_101021_230340_001.png

Stands 3, 4 and fifth are duplicate animations. Also, please label them properly, if you can. You can remove the Base animation, which is an attack animation, probably duplicated as well. Flaws aside, this is an amazing project you're working on. Hoping to use this model once it's final. You could also make his eyes blink on some stand animations and others. His peepers look unsettlingly static. Other than these concerns, the model is mighty fine, indeed. :grin:

Last edited:
This model looks great, but it has several issues:
The model needs a working portrait. It also has several visibility issues (easily solved by saving it to .mdl, copying the base visibility and pasting it on the other geosets') and the head clips with the pauldron in almost every animation. As you removed the hair of his neck, it looks a bit odd and slimy, and it merges oddly with the jacket. I recommend adding some fur back to add volume.

Great unit and quite different from Daelin. Hopefully you'll learn how to make them talk soon.
(btw, don't forget to add the gunpowder popcorn effects on his pistol when he uses it)
Thanks Mr Orge, couldn't do that without you, I will work on expressions and footprints soon.

This is... beautiful! I really, really love this remake now. Very well done. :grin:

Might I suggest giving out Object Editor attributes you can recommend to get the most "immersive" or accurate for the model unit.
since I still didn't convert my WE to English, could be hard to describe attributes properly.

Here is the sound set for Genn Greymane. I had a version that's a bit lower in pitch, but that sounded a bit distorted at that point.

Also, another feedback: some parts of the portrait model flickers, like his left braid, left pauldron, and sometimes his face (worgen form) becomes slightly transparent.

Last edited: