• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

General Discussion

Level 4
PWN!

This sounds great - The Project Leaders are moving right along! I'm soo excited! Can't wait to make myself a Dwarven Rogue... I want to see how badly balanced the Ranged Weaponry is, compared to the Melee Weaponry.

I look forward to seeing a great balance between the ranged Heroes and the melee Heroes, but there is very few a time that game creators realize the specific balances needed to keep people happy with the similarities and differences. Best of luck!!! :D :D :D

Level 4
*ALERT*

Project Leaders - Please Read!!!

Within the last day or two, someone posted the PERFECT Human Wizard Model in the Models section of WC3sear.ch.

Be it that your current Human Wizard Model is a complete and utter joke, you should seriously consider using this Model.

Model Name: Wc1Mage.mxd
Zip File Size: 129.8 kb
Size in map: (probably) 196 kb

Please, please, PLEASE consider using this model! If you do, I can assure you many more people will choose the Alliance Wizard than the ammount that may if you keep Medvih's model...

Level 5
Can I play singleplayer on this map? Please don't restrict the map for singleplayer...Many maps restrict game for singleplayer, like FFOpenRPG, Tibia, etc.

If you don't want people do cheating, just disable character saving on singleplayer mode.

Level 2
Ummm, if the save code is not account specific then whats stopping people from stealing other people's character, or friends giving their super powerful character to another friend...?

Level 4
Beantony: Your idea sounds decent. Whether they use your idea or not depends on how hard it is to disable saving on Single Player as compared to how hard it is to make playing possible on single player...

As for the Save Code, it IS based on your account... Crazy noob. lol, jk :D

Level 5
Oh... I could have sworn I heard someone say they didn't base it on you account to make the code shorter... Well there goes all my worries!

u were right, but we are working on a shorting, a thing to shure that noone uses your code, is loading in observers chat...

Can I play singleplayer on this map? Please don't restrict the map for singleplayer...Many maps restrict game for singleplayer, like FFOpenRPG, Tibia, etc.

Yep, codes are disabled (DO NOT TRY TO USE EM, course they screw your char..)
You can play singleplayer, but it aint as fun as multi, all at all this is a morpg..

Be it that your current Human Wizard Model is a complete and utter joke, you should seriously consider using this Model.

since its filesize is about 200 kb, we cant simply toooo big, we have 500 kb back to work on atm..

Level 2
About that the save code is not based on your account.

The first reason to not have it based on your account is that it would make the code much longer.
But i haveconsidered changing this so possibly i will make it after the code is working for all players. (It is only working for P1 right now.)

Level 2
Well the observer thing would work for people stealing the code, but what about friends giving their code away? I mean, if they do that, you could make an almost infinite amount of money... I suppose you could make it so the same code isn't usable twice in one game, but that still wont help too much.

Level 9
SilverDragon90 said:
Well the observer thing would work for people stealing the code, but what about friends giving their code away? I mean, if they do that, you could make an almost infinite amount of money... I suppose you could make it so the same code isn't usable twice in one game, but that still wont help too much.

There is a solution if one of them know Programming or Jass using computer.
1. Using cache in WE to save the code onto the computer.
2. Loading the code from the computer that was saven.
3. Only users that save their own code in their comp can load them. If not, other comps cannot.

How to sell:
1. Find the code that is saven from comp.
2. Burn it to CD.
3. Sell :p

There is a way. Just like saving it using warcraft3 save. My friend know how to do this. But he just went to aussie for futher studies.

- Jeff

Level 4
Ohh, alright, so Save Codes aren't based on Accounts, but it's all good 'cause they can't be given away. :D

Only the computer that saved it in the first place can load it. That works like a charm, if you ask me! I can have more than one WC3 Account! :D :D :D

Level 3
You can't save with cache, ive tried and i failed big time... damn it blizzard... oh well at least its one bad thing among million of good things.

We decided to remove all icons and add them when needed, so map is much smaller now... 1.2mb... lol

Level 4
Looky here:

Using a save system that is only hidden from others by typing it in the Observer Chat will ruin LoA.

It will be chaos, everyone will cheat with Save Code sharing.

If you can't find another way to configure the Save System, LoA's Rating will go straight down the drain.

:( :x :(

Level 3
Ill ask sebbe to make it save to acc, will be better... and to make it too hard to crack... like making it look like this: h1&Fdk-#50dk4-#mm59/# or something :D still gonna have to be shorter.

Level 2
having the save code user acount sensative doesnt make the code much longer i think coz in curse of time (an rpg by waugriff) they have a save code based on user acount sensative and stuff like that and it wasnt that long acctually it was one of the shortest i have ever seen!!!

Level 4
If i'm not mistaken, it's length depends on what you're saving. According to one of their old posts, they are saving like 8 or 9 things... CoT RPG only saved 2. :(

Either way, writting three lines of code is worth it, if the only other option is letting everyone trade codes, and such. :?

Level 5
trust me its not, we had a code that saved allmost every aspect of a hero. BUT code became to long and hero was lost since the editor max can show 2 lines... so...

but sebbe is working on somthing "evil" :twisted:

Level 3
Finally i got clearance to remake our messed up triggers... now they are so easy to make for each player, so that now all players (10) can play!

Level 2
Any way to play?

Is there any way any of the LoA fans will be able to play anytime soon? Because i trhink this will be the best thing to heppen to warcraft since DotA First Started!!!

Reply Soon
------------------------------------------------------
PunX_NoT_DeaD

Level 3
My internet completly broke down on the computer on wich i work on loa, and i get easily bored when i dont have anyone to talk to while i work, therefor i did not use the computer at all most of ´the weekend, meaning i did not work any on loa...

Level 4
well, some of us can play, cause I have LoA beta 1.0 that only supports up to 5 players and is on the old terrain, it is pretty fun. I am about to play it now, I can't wait for next version.

P.S. If you are wondering how I got it it is because I was a tester since March of this year.

Level 5
My internet completly broke down on the computer on wich i work on loa, and i get easily bored when i dont have anyone to talk to while i work, therefor i did not use the computer at all most of ´the weekend, meaning i did not work any on loa...

Well sorry to hear that, sorry about me playing WoW but its ower now, eu beta is in long time and so...

So lets work on this now, also just finished my winter exams so i got time...

Level 2
I really think that we should release something.

If not the current version we could at least release one of the old versions with old terrain or something like that.

Level 2
It was some time since it was any new posts here so i am going to post some of the latest information about the progress.

The biggest news right now is that kablamo185 is LoA's new terrainer. Swordguard(Dremora) has left the team as an active member and might work at LoA in the future, but right now he is not working at all.
Gadden doesn't seem to want to work at LoA anymore so i guess i will do all triggering from now on.

About the progress of the map the major things that needs to be done before a possible release is:

City Of The Damned. (Undead City)
Goblin Caverns
Caves.
Population in Dwarven,Undead and Goblin cities.
Spells for nearly all heroes.
The war system.
Small fixes on the Save/Load code.

I think that's everything. These things can actually be made in not a too long time, but if that should be possible then everyone in the team will need to work a lot now.

I think it would be nice if LoA could be done soon because i have worked at it over year now and it can actually get a little boring sometimes, so i hope that the beta will get released soon.

Level 2
I know there is some trouble with the save/load code. I am still working at it. I hope many of the bugs will be fixed until the next vrsion.

Level 2
cool

In the future you should make and loa2 or something with new races and of course the same map with a few small changes. heck, i cant wait for this one. i love actually role-playing. if you guys need help i am available. i have some pretty decent skill. By the way, do you guys have an loa clan? if you do can i join?

Level 1
I can't play the open beta - plz help

I downloaded: Lands of Archanor Beta 2.7(p).w3x

Started the map (in singleplayer), got to see the screen with all the heroes but couldnt do anyting to actually start the game.

I tried clicking and lots of stuff, checked all the quest-infos as well, but I can't find out how to start it.

Major bug or am I just blind?
plz help

Level 2
Re: I can't play the open beta - plz help

Been a while since I've been here, just played the map and it's pretty fun! I can't wait until you add everything :)

Ghandi said:
I downloaded: Lands of Archanor Beta 2.7(p).w3x

Started the map (in singleplayer), got to see the screen with all the heroes but couldnt do anyting to actually start the game.

I tried clicking and lots of stuff, checked all the quest-infos as well, but I can't find out how to start it.

Major bug or am I just blind?
plz help

You should be able to select your hero by just slicking on the one you want... Has it happened to you more than once? It's been working fine for me, but if for some reason it wont work for you then there may be some problems.

Good luck to everyone playing, and keep up the good work LoA creators!

Level 1
Too bad project is dead
Too bad none of the makers bothers to say so
Too bad noone is getting the opportunity to further work on the map...

It's all just too bad... :(