1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gaza skirmishes

Discussion in 'Medivh's Tower' started by Verhalthur, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Verhalthur

Verhalthur

Resources:
    Tools:
    Template:
    Resources:
  2. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I think Israel would have constructed concentration camps for the local arabs already if it didn't hinder their plans for world domination.

3. Zakamutt

Zakamutt

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wish they would kiss and make up.

I hope that eventually when the older generations of people die, a new generation might be able to realize peace (a similar phenomenon occurs within science). But who knows when the mess is going to be resolved...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  4. Verhalthur

Verhalthur

Resources:
    Tools:
    Template:
    Resources:
    At least it was paused. Egypt has a huge hand in that, which is surprising as Mohammed Morsi personally supports Hamas quite a bit. It looks like he's being quite responsible.

5. Ender

Ender

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    But Israel was justified in what they did! they were just replying to the atrocious actions that Syria did earlier, which were in response to the unforgivable actions committed by Israel before that etc... In my opinion both sides are really just acting like little kids squabbling over a toy.
    Though Israel Probably started the whole mess when they took the Gaza strip back in 1967.

6. rulerofiron99

rulerofiron99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nope, Britain started it when they haphazardly created the nation back in 1948, and drew random lines on the map for the borders.

USA, eager to have an "outpost" near the East during the Cold War, funded Israel from then on, allowing it to effectively kick the Middle East's collected backsides during the 6 Day War in 1967, and expand its territory.

Israel then thought, "why the heck should we give this land back if our neighbours will just amass and attempt to destroy us again?"

They have since given back a lot of that territory, and it seems like the amount of rocket attacks and suicide bombing attempts only increase.

Personally, I'd like to side with Israel on this. That land is their only bit of land on this Earth, and the peoples around them are trying to drive them into the sea - into oblivion. I'd like to believe that they have the right to exist - something Hamas has stated they are against. Yes, they have committed terrible atrocities. Using white phosphorous on civilians a year ago, high-payload rockets launched at targets within residential areas, building suburbs in occupied territory, blockading a nation from the countries around them.

But when I look at the bigger picture, I just see a nation trying to live in their small corner of the world against another that is trying to destroy them outright.

7. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    They are being driven out of that territory because they drove Palestinians out of their homes.

This conflict is not simple to the point that you can define who is wrong and who is right, because both sides are doing what seems right to them.

It's either peace, or the death of millions of people, and I fear that the latter is more likely.

I'm siding with Palestine because Israeli soldiers devastated my family for several years back in the late 70's and early 80's, and they bombed my city for a month when I was 10. My childhood was tainted by them.

This is personal. I can't be objective in such a matter.

8. Verhalthur

Verhalthur

Resources:
    Tools:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I tend to lean a bit towards the Palestine side, too.
    I think Jewish (and even Israeli) culture is fascinating and amazing, considering how ancient and persecuted it has been.

It's sad, though, how a once and still sometimes persecuted people can turn into persecutors so quickly.

9. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The whole nation of Israel is a forced creation and very unlike what UN/EU/NATO/America generally does, and it's obvious why it's so. If the lands of Europe and America are so interested in the rights of a people, they would actually care about Serbs (and every other nation they've had a great part in destroying) as well. Instead they care about their servants (which is obvious but also perfidious).

10. Silverfish423

Silverfish423

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I think people need to recognize that they have to carry their own weight, if that makes sense

11. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees it that way.

I seriously don't care who started it anymore. They can kill each other for all I care.

I mean, I care about everyone and all things, but you have to draw the line somewhere.