• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gays being treated badly on B.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've nticed that when I go onto Battle.net, I hear people say "your gay" whenever I fail at something. How is that true? For one, I am a straight male who interested in the opposite sex. For another, what does being gay have to do with lack of skill?

A gay person can be very skilled a multiplayer games. Also, what's so bad about being gay, that personal life decision, not a BAD thing. Alot of people seem to tear apart a decisions like that, which is sad and creul, go figure. Here's an example of that:

XxxKilaXxx has joined the game
Isulter:U suk, ur leik toly gey
XxxKilaXxx:Actually, I AM gay.
XxxKilaXxx was put on a banlist

I see that crap on Battle.net all the time, in fact Battle,net seems like one of the cruelist holes alive, thats why I don't go there (this is my opinion).

Discuss and display your point of view.
Please don't flame me, because I am a newbie.
I hope that I didn't break any rules in the process.
-Deep_thought

EDIT: Changed the name of the topic :)

Ki

Ki

Level 7
Many people accept the rationalization that gay people are inherently bad people, although the relativity of good and bad ranges insofar.

I would be more than happy to argue why homosexuality is wrong or isn't wrong. My perspective at this point denounces homosexuality because I view it as environmental. I see it as bad due to the reasons behind becomming a homosexual. I may see this wrongly, and that is why I welcome a debate (I don't think this is against the rules).

Level 4
This discussion about this topic will eventually lead to religion, which breaks the rules.

Actually, there's a difference in being gay and just being effeminate. You're effeminate if you just seem to act gay but are still attracted to the opposite sex. Being gay though, is being attracted to your own sex.

Good thing I'm straight. *Phew*

Level 22
If you haven't noticed, EVERYONE is treated badly on b.net. Want to get on a banlist? You don't have to be gay, you just have to simply not be a pro at your first attempt at a map and there you go. Banned.

Wc3 is a game of competition, and in a competative environment is not the typical plae you will see civil behavior...and I mean civil behavior towards anything- skill, race, nationality, sexual orientation, even gender...all you got to do is piss off the wrong person by identifying who/what you are.

The internet is a cespool, and b.net is the drain.
-VGsatomi

Level 12
I always knew the "free gameplay" attracted the asshat little kids I always know online. Anyways get used to the insult gay.

@penguinsmasher: How does this topic require the use of religion to debate on? I have my own theories on debating about homosexuality and in no way, am a Christian.

Level 9
Wow gangsta, dude you take offence to that, lol i call people at school gay all the time and the smart arses come right bck at me and i shut up so why dont you do that.

Gay Definitions:
Happy
Homosexual
and as Sansui said stupid or words to that effect.

Level 4
I had a reply coming a few days ago, but I was disconnected before submitting. I really think that this discussion will turn to religion because of people's beliefs in their religion. I mean, if you look at what's happening in the world now, people of pretty much similar faith protest and such against homosexuality.

I had a reply before I was disconnected, and i was going to say that there's a difference in being "gay" and being homosexual. Well, here it is:

Being "gay", or being effeminate (gay actually means happy) means you're a person who is still attracted to the opposite sex, but has hobbies and interests that are feminine. (like acting like a girl but is still straight) Being homosexual, on the other hand, is when you are interested or attracted to people of the same sex.

As for the ones on battle.net, don't mind them. They may act big by flaming but they might actually be insecure and immature 12, 13, or 14 year olds who have no respect whatsoever. It's not good to stereotype, though, seeing as how I'm 14 myself.

I'm really just not used to this topic beacuse, unfortunately, my cousin's gay. (not happy, but kind of homosexual)

People, I think, only use the word "gay" beacuse it's easier to pronounce than "homosexual". "Gay" is also used as a slang meaning that "you did it like a girl" (no offense Werewulf) in sexist terms, or the way people say it as in "you did it very badly".

Anyway, since I'm starting to become hated here, I think people will be happy that I'm moving on to other games which means I might not visit this place anymore due to my neverending search to find half life 2 mods in other places.

Level 13
The only one trying to turn this thread into a religous discussion is you, penguinsmasher.

"Gay" is a word, a word is part of a language, and a language is changing continuosly. The word "gay" is more and more getting the meaning of "stupid". I guess WC3 internet kiddies are the main reason for it :roll:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well, churches of certain countries have accepted gays, in my opinion that's disgusting, but meh, well, old greeks and romans and whatsomever accepted that aswell, someone willed to revive the old traditions. <_<

Well, everyone has it's own opinion, for example, I have some people who say this:

"WTF ITS RUI DA CRIATOR OF COTM AZEROF, BAW BIFOR HIM"

While I have another people who say this:

"LOLZ RUI U NUB U REMOVAD DMG AD N U CNOT SET DA SPECIFIC LAIF OF LAIFAD U FAKED AP DA GAIM"

But people rarely or almost never call me gay, atleast I don't remember anyone calling me gay.

Level 14
I was curious about this "banlist for noobiness" thing. I played several dota games. In every I had scored like 0-5, 1-6 sometimes 2-4... I never got banned, eventually they flamed me "FU ORANGE FEEDER" but never got banlisted.

Level 4
I apologize for what I said earlier, (3 days earlier, in fact) it's just that I often get stressed easily at things like this. :( (plus I have 2 20 year old brothers who keep on ruining my day and such) So starting now, I will no longer post a comment on anything unless completely nescessary (which is pretty much never, actually) to prevent looking like a complete ass to the wc3sear.ch community. :D (i'm serious :? ) I would like to apologize to all users on this topic and to olofmoleman. I also apologize to all gay people out there, (I'll leave you alone) and to those I did not mention. :cry: My account and I will eventually turn silent due to my quest to find the best hl2 mod ever and (humbly) my new xbox 360.
I will occasionally visit this site, though I will no longer post.

-JD Romero aka penguinsmasher

8) Thank You and Good Day 8)

Level 9
Well some people find homosexuality unnatural (like me but i dont hate them), some are afraid of gay people, etc.

Level 4
Don't mind my last post. I just came home from a 3 day vacation gone wrong at that time and was very emotional, but now, I am a changed man...er...boy. :D :D :D

As for the topic, don't mind them, they're probably very insecure in real life. The gay comment is probably their slang for "whimpy" and you'll probably often see people comment like this especially in online games like Counterstrike.
Example:
You: [frags n00b]
n00b: ur gay L0LZ!!1!!!1
(translation: I suck beacuse I got fragged by you and now I'm flaming you beacuse I'm a sore loser who can't handle defeat and thinks I'm an expert!)
You should reply like this:
You: What a noob! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!
(At least that's how I might reply) :D

As for doing something about it, leave it to the people who know how to deal with it. (that's why now I remain relatively neutral towards issues like these)

Also, I don't understand on how people could turn a seemingly innocent word (gay means very happy) into an insult directed at homosexual people. I mean, just because your happy and ecstatic doesn't mean you're homosexual. Where did this come from?

"Let sleeping dogs lie." That's what I often say.

Level 9
While i know people throw "gay" around as an insult alot, i myself have never been called it, but thats because i usualy turn a defeat into a win.

But on the term of asshat kids, im happy im not part of that group of people, i respect whatever choice people make in life, even if i would not make it myself, all in all, ST*U Asshats, ST*U....

Aark

(*=A lame attempt at not swearing)

Status
Not open for further replies.