• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Garry's Mod 10!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Half- Life FT own! And Shados you don't know how I envy you. I needed to reformat my computer (Do to the volume of crap I steal, every 6 months or so its necessary to whipe my main drive, all the important craps on my storage drive, so it doesn't matter) But, I forgot to back up my steam games, so I have to redownload half life and DM aain, but for whatever reason Cs got installed on my other drive, so as soon as Gmod10 finishes downloading i'm good to go. I also have a day off in two days, so between the lotro beta and gmod10 and my new christmas map, well i'll be quite busy XD

EDIT: SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS! NO CONVERSION! I GOT BILLED 9.95 CDN. Wow, I love you Valve.

Level 5
lol zombie jesus? someone should make a wc3 model for that. lets see.... it will be a hero, have the abilities "sin","teleport","eat brain", and ultimate "judgement day"

well, abilities might change, but the ultimate is a yes! :grin:

Level 18
YOU GOT IT CHEAPER? BASTARD!

Anyway, you got 1 day off, I have 2 whole months of holidays because I decided to skip the last two weeks of school (The last week is actually optional anyway, and in the 2nd last week we ain't learning anything).

-*meow*

Level 7
personnally speakign i dont like how all these free mods come out, and then Valve decides to make money off of em by charging money. take Counter strike. The first counter strike was free, what did Valve do? They updated it for source and charged full price. now there doing it with Gary's mod because they see how much people like it. that would be like Warcraft III making it so Dota cant be played online, and then charging people $50 to purchase it.

Level 36
The people who made Counter-Strike are now Valve employees. They get their share for there work. Valve is fully supporting them, and for the advancements in what Valve did to it, I'll gladly pay 25 bucks for Counterstrike instead of 40 to play a game with servers overloaded with dotas any day. Garry quit his job to work full time on his Mod, he deserves and needs some compensation in order to keep the thing running, 10 bucks is nothing to me or you, so whats it matter if it helps him make some money? Valve did NOT take over Garry's mod, it is still completely run by Team Garry, and it is only being distributed via Steam in order for Garry to make some money.

Level 18
Yeah, Garry suggested the deal where he sells Garry's Mod $10 over Steam and Valve/Team Garry split it 50/50, and in return Valve gives garry a mod license (i.e. the source code of) the Source Engine, something normally costing hundreds of thousands (I think, maybe only tens of thousands), allowing him to do much much more with GMod. And Garry deserves that money, as much as he may be a naturally egotistical programmer.

-*meow*

Status
Not open for further replies.