1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Game Exports | Foo Fighters at BlizzCon 2011 | New StarCraft novel

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Rui, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This was in motion for ages. Just was finalized though.

2. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The news post above this forum is what you missed. Or am I failing to see the point here?

Also, I've been doing small modifications over time, if you compare to the news post you'll see how much it has changed.

3. N.Knight

N.Knight

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Good decision but I do hope that the hives quality parameters will remain the same.

{EDIT}
    I throughly agree with Rui, sometimes the resources are inefficient. Why else would map makers resort to using wow models in their map. Moreover artists seldom take peoples request. I understand that the model and texture artists at the hive do a brilliant job of providing us with free and original masterpieces of art, but every resource is not useful to every map maker. Demands are varied and particular, and for reasons very obvious we can't expect our artists to meet every persons request. So I'm with the decision to allow bliz imports but only if the artistic parameters of the hive are kept intact.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2011
  4. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    :eekani:Omg! News like this!!! And after I completely change a entire project of wow models!!! :goblin_jawdrop:
    :goblin_boom: :goblin_boom: :goblin_boom: :goblin_boom: :goblin_boom: :goblin_boom: :goblin_boom:
    Oh well, in the end I made a better map anyway

5. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    99% of map makers are newbies, I saw maps with god know what resources imported, whole map was shiny and full of some retarded models because they looked cool in models section, or because that model was so far unseen :sad:

Map size is almost everything, If you can create fun and simple multiplier map below 1 MB, it will be hosted 10 more times, and played with full players 20 more times than epic 5MB map.

This sucks a lot, because people don't want to waste their time learning and playing maps (for example AOS map types).

1st of all, make your map famous, host it like 20 times per day, upload it to god know how many web sites, share it with friends etc etc. When you see it hosted by other people, then, start improving visual quality.

WOW or less used SC2 models aren't everything.

6. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I guess i see what you're trying to say here and it's true that WOW or less used SC2 models aren't everything but not everyone is skilled with codes. You may be right about some Multiplayer facts but i don't think map size is almost everything because people have different ways of impressing and you should know that. Nevertheless map making is an art form with different types of expresion.
    It's true that i may be am a noob but I'm still learning!
    In the end we can't all have the same way o thinking so we have to listen, analyze and validate or invalidate other people's ideas therefore making a new conclusion which almost anyone can agree on, the result of this is progress.

Any further ideas or good criticism is appreciated!:thumbs_up: