• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Galactic Massacre (Working name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Galactic Tournament

Galactic Tournament

After trying Starcraft II , I just had to do something like this.

WTF is this?

Galactic Tournament is a dynamic Hero Arena with it's "story" in the future. (no real story only killing)

It will feature few modes, curently only Cup Mode and goal is to have most kills. It can be played either FFA or in teams.

There will be probably 4 arenas (I hope more ) and each will feature:

- best possible terrain our terrainer could make
- varius random events
- ways of using terrain to your advantage

Map will also feature:

- nice camera
- each Hero will have nice and apropriate skillz
- dynamic combat using hooks, knock backs ,maybe even filters
- dynamic combat using varius power ups like Health Orbs,Energy Orbs and Combo Orbs
- number of items to customize your Hero's stats
- maybe more, depends on feedback :p

Screenshots
Above the signature

Anyway, who do I need?

Triggerer - preferable JASS, but skilled GUI is also welcome
Testers - they will test map (suprise,suprise), report bugs and provide feedback
Terrainer - must be able to make nice futuristic terrain

If you think you cant do anything above but you still want to join, just post it here.

CalciumCarbonat
Grygon

This should be it
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=3j7sb6

Newest versoin : beta 0.c

Please report bugs :)

Attachments

• ScreenShot003.tga
    1.8 MB · Views: 163
  • ScreenShot002.tga
    2.6 MB · Views: 133
  • ScreenShot001.tga
    2.6 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Level 9
Right, more testers = better map!

EDIT

K, thing left before beta:

- 4 more Heros
- some minor polishing
- Combo powerup system ( it's not as cool as it sounds :)
- about ~15 more items
- Atribut system

EDIT 2

Beta will probably get delayed cause my school is starting. It might go out tommorow or maybe until end of the week.

After that is done, I will do next things for version bta.01 :

- third arena
- armor and attack type system
- more items
- atleast 5 more Heros
- maybe improve some items or Heros

Beta can be expected in 2 days, but it might take more time.

Last edited:
Level 5
Hey, Id like to help too. Im not the most advanced triggerer, but im Ok, and i'd like to test if you dont need a triggerer

Level 5
Probably, never done it before though. But ive done something like it. Ill try it out.

Last edited:
Level 8
Ahh good I have many ideas and Im good im importing and modifiying GUI spells. But at first we should see that we get some screenshots to make the project looking more interesting.
For screenshots we you need a terrain do you have one?

And here a hero Idea:
Cyber Blades
(Using this skin)
Has many charge-abilitys like this
I think a ultimate should be VERY spectacular I think of somthing like many Illusions which charge over the battlefield:grin:.

Level 9
I have some awesome multi functional keyboard, but Print Screen isn't working. I can upload the map, but terrain is quite lame right now.

And for the Heros design generally, everything is happening in Warcraft Universe, so Azeroth exists as a planet as well most of species from Warcraft. Magic still exists but is very rare and usually used by species that live in harmony with nature ( like some Ogre tribes ), but Humans,Gnomes,Dwarfs,Goblins and so other technologicly advanced races possess almost no magic power at all. This is just a tip to make creating Heros easier.

Level 5
Ok, I can test, but id still like to help a bit with mapmaking, either triggering or terraining.

Level 9
Attention! Attention! Beta is out! At the moment there are 10 Heros, probably inbalanced. Features 2 arenas so far and combo system isn't working yet, but will be fixed next time. ANY bug or glitch sould be reported. At the moment there is just few items but in 0.b version there will be atleast 3 full shops ( I promise ).

This is open resource and you can use it for anything :)

Level 8
Well I think you should use a nother camera system following cam is ok but the turning nervs like hell, it makes the battles uncomfortable and confusing. But it seems to be already a good map:thumbs_up:

Ahh and some ideas:
The digging ability should deal damage and should stun enemys arround the caster when the he unburrows. some special effects would be nice.

And a event idea:
Bombardment: Some space ship attack the arena from orbit. Bombs will explode at some random points in the arena.

Level 9
Thank you very much! I was also thinking about removing the camera.

About Digging, it was ment to be like Stealth ability, used to move and avoid combat, but I could add stun I guess.

About bombing idea, I wanted to have orbital strikes in the third arena, which is being worked on at the moment.

Level 9
Hotfix version ( beta o.b )

- I said there are 10 heros but I forgot to add one
- Combo system working
- fixed major item bug
- added few more items
- improved terrain slightly

I wonder how come testers didn't notice anything about items since it was MAJOR bug?

EDIT

What do you guys think about naming the map Galactic Tournament?
Galactic Massacre sound bit too aggressive if you ask me.

Level 5
Like the name change, can you also post version on the desc, I couldnt figure out which version was the newest. Also, I got a loading error while loading on mac.

Level 8
Ahh could you add start gold and some opponents (Like Creeps) to test the abilitys maybe with a test- mode? And start gold for items would be good.

Another idea for an event:grin::
-Zerg Invasion: A swarm of hungry zerglings enters the arena. They are very weak but they are very many so people have to stop fighing each other and have to save their asses! This could give players chances to outwit enemys. An example: A player with hp live hunts a player with low hp, hes so fixed on his oponent that he dont care about that the swarm comes nearer. Suddenly the hunted player blinks away and the hunter is surronded of zergs:grin:

And maybe you could use one of this tiles:wink::

And my last point: please change the names (ingame) with each beta otherwise you can't keep the versions apart.

Level 9
I though name is changed?
I could put some gold, just say how much is enought? Around 750 maybe?

Zerg invasion sounds fine. I was thinking that one arena could be a battlefield, and occassionaly Terran, Protoss or Zerg units will come and fight ( just idea ). We could use Zerg invasion there.

First link is tiles, so I ll use them but second and third ones are cliffs, right? Then we have to replace present one. Which one to use?

Level 9
New version came: beta o.c

-minor terrain change
-dummys bug fixed
-added knockback resistance which is increased by Strength
-made better camera ( I think so )
-some other minor things

If any flying doodads still there, they will be fixed soon.

Level 5
Name still isnt fixed, What we ment was in the map selection in WC3 we would like to be able to see the difference between maps.

Level 9
Ohh, now I know what u ment. Sry, forgot to change it. Will be done in next version, but I probably won't release it within next 2-3 days so I can add more content and to make it easier for you guys since we had like 3 versions in 2-3 days :/

Level 9
Okey, I have some sad news. Because of my stupidity map got it's lvl info deleted and cannot be opened. I added ALOT of new stuff in this new version, and I just can't do it all over again. Project Failed.

Im sry, this thead and project are now DEAD.

RBE

Status
Not open for further replies.