1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gaias Retaliation ORPG goes 1.2C

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Ralle, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Veritas 117

Veritas 117

Resources:
    Resources:
    I play this map solo and have a level 50 hunter. It isn't that hard to work your way through it. It is incredibly challenging, but incredibly fair. Somehow Zweib managed to hit the sweet spot where you can really only handle enemies right around your level.

Sure, it sucks not being able to do the boss fights, but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying the quests, enemies, and beautiful terrain. Besides if I decided I really wanted to do some boss fights all I have to do is find a game on Battle.net.

2. ToolorDie

ToolorDie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cherry picking comments are we? "You can have an opinion, but keep it quiet" Yeah ok buddy. I'm not angry over a simple matter, I retaliated with the exact level of respect myself and Hands got. The author's decision? Thanks for that bulletin notice. Input is input, if I want to voice my opinion being this should be more single player compatible is properly placed. Please respect everyone's opinion, and don't say some silly thing like "keep your voice down" when it is only as loud as you read it. Thanks for coming.

The date of the game's development is pretty hard to miss, so idk what your point is. Label it complaining to demonize an opinion, that is petty. What we have is another MP game, when the single player genre is lacking in quantity and quality, comparatively. There is no rule stating "You may only pitch ideas for maps as feedback"

Because 7 years is plenty of time to implement some single player capabilities, which it looks like the mercenary option is a step in that direction. Plus the game is great. You're essentially suggesting we throw the single-player plea on deaf ears, or hope someone picks it up and runs with it so we can enjoy that experience in 2019. Get real.

Totally understandable. I'm not necessarily harking on you, or anyone for that matter, about this game not being a single player RPG. I defended a member who got hounded for saying he wished there were more single player RPGS (especially of this caliber) because I agreed that there is an imbalance in single and multiplayer RPGs.

I disagree, but I'm not the one producing work like this, so I won't bark up that tree.

That....sucks haha. Yeah, I blew it then. That's fine, I didn't like my squire anyway :'(

---------------End responses here----------------------------

One of my favorite things about this map is the implementation of attachments. You pick up a sword, your char has a sword. You pick up an axe, your char has an axe. There is the "your class can't use this" cliche, which limits the diversity of a single character, but I got over it pretty quick when I found out I could change my hair color - that is awesome. If anyone knows of RPGs that also use attachment items heavily, I'd like to hear about them.

Didn't use the extended game with the music and voices, but since I blew up my save I will probably try that next. Terrain is gorgeous, I found myself playing with camera angles just to catch a glimpse of some of the scenery and stage my char in an epic fashion.

One minor thing that probably only bugged me was...no 'Hold Position'!
    Hold Position is my go to button to make sure my guys dont go running off and getting into trouble. It is the most expendable orders option and was replaced to allow for a lot of customization and other options, so it is a good trade off - but dang it took me a while to get used to not being positive my guy would stay still.

3. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Just make sure that you play the game in LAN mode, otherwise saving is disabled due to the possibility to cheat (and then use that character in multiplayer).

There is an option in the menu that opens when you hit the "?" ability in your hero command card. It will disable all auto-engaging and works basicly like an automated hold-position.

4. ToolorDie

ToolorDie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh ok I must have missed that, thank you Zwieb.

5. NightStalker

NightStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    How can I load the saved game I couldn't find anything mentioning this?

Update: I managed to load it. But I've got some problems about gameplay, the game is designed for large groups of adventurers, I'm playing this map with only one friend.

The game does not change difficulty for us though. We hired some mercs from the tavern, but we can't kill the Zibnix boss. We are 13 lvl and we don't want to grind and grind just to get stronger we did it for so long until now.

Another problem is potion cd's. Why has a pot got a cd? For crowded parties it can be a good idea to nerf down the effect of the potion, but in 2 player party it just kills us. The shaman merc can't heal enough and potions are not reliable after the first usage, so we've hit a dead end and we can't progress further into the story.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  6. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    With 2 players and 2 mercs, you should be more than fine to beat the first two dungeons at the designated level.
    What classes did you choose? Maybe you guys are applying the wrong strategy here?
    Also what mercs do you use?

7. NightStalker

NightStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'm a lvl 13 magician with a sorceress merc
    Friend 13 lvl squire with a shaman merc

Squire tanks the boss, then I try to deal as much damage as possible. Another issue is the aggro system, but I think that's got to do with War3's system, sometimes the boss randomly targets another unit, like a merc or me who he can kill with a few swings.

Idk what we can do other than this, it's classic dungeon party :S

Other than that the map is awesome really, I noticed that I only wrote complaints. This map deserves so much good words. Terraining and systems are well done!!

8. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Watch your threatmeter in the top right corner. As a magician, always try to stay below the 100% mark and you should be fine.
    Note that there are boss mechanics that use skills on the second in aggro, but these can usually be healed.

Your party composition seems fine to me. If you can't kill even Zibnix with that, then your tank probably needs to gear up some extra armor first. For example, you can get a decent armor from the giant crab boss and buy a better shield in Riversdale.

9. NightStalker

NightStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hmm didn't know that, we'll try tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the answer!

10. Sgt.Pierce

Sgt.Pierce

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow! I am amazed with the trailer, but sadly, i lost my old characters in earlier versions.
    Gonna play this again with my bros. :D

11. TheHappyPenguin

TheHappyPenguin

Resources:
    Resources:
    So far, this is the best RPG I've ever played. Hoping for more updates to come...

12. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the kind words.

You're gonna love what's going to come. It's something that hasn't been done in WC3 before (or at least not to the level of polish it's going to have in Gaias Retaliation), so stay tuned for that. It's closer for betatest than you guys think.

13. TheHappyPenguin

TheHappyPenguin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow! This is very exciting! I can't wait!

14. KingLichTR

KingLichTR

Resources:
    Resources:
    Instead of asking about single-player, play this on battle.net. This map was pretty awesome and it is awesome to see it updated still. Keep going!

15. TheHappyPenguin

TheHappyPenguin

Resources:
    Resources:
    I may have found some bugs... or not...

There is a boss in riversdale that looks like an ent that doesn't spawn anymore everytime I load my codes.

In sergeant qwerty's quest, the word "comrades" was misspelled.

The Cleric's Resurrection doesn't have a cool down but it says in the description that it has a 300sec. cool down.

Also, if Casimir dies in the bandit cave, should he still respawn or not? Because he doesn't...

16. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It's a rarespawn and will not always be there.

Thanks!

"Cooldown resets when out of combat".

He only respawns when resetting the whole cave via the entry beacon.

17. billy7394

billy7394

Resources:
    Resources:
    War3 can't load this map; please help me how I can load this map to play with friends via garena

18. TheHappyPenguin

TheHappyPenguin

Resources:
    Resources:
    My bad. It's not Sergeant Qwerty, but rather, Sergeant Gaspode.

19. billy7394

billy7394

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nobody can help me how can fix when the game is crashed

20. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    ... This would kinda deserve a new newspost, but I don't wanna look greedy and just post it here:

Gaias Retaliation just got Rogue-like!

BlackfireGates.jpg

In the brand new release of 1.2C(5), I just added a new gameplay element in the form of an entirely randomized dungeon, including randomized creeps, randomized dungeon layouts and randomized bosses and loot.
    No run will ever be similar to the last one!

When entering this dungeon, your level will be temporarily resetted to level 1 and you will lose all gear while in this dungeon. But don't worry: you will get it all back once you leave.
    In there, you will have to fight your way down, gain new levels and find new equipment and adapt to the completely randomized challenges ahead of you.
    Experience an immersive and exciting new way to play this game and play with your friends regardless of their character levels or equipment quality!

Enjoy the first incarnation of a feature that will be constantly expanded on in future releases. Among the upcoming features are: Different tilesets - frequently changing the visuals of the dungeon as you venture deeper - unique drops that are exclusive to Blackfire Deep and can even be kept after leaving the dungeon and even randomized quests and events!

All you need to do is meet up in Dun Haldran and enter Blackfire Deep for an exciting new adventure that would probably qualify as a whole new game!

Blackfire01.jpg Blackfire02.jpg

As always, download here on Hive and play on our hostbots!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016