• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias Retaliation: Extension Package (v1.6)

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
This extension package features a zipped folder that aims to enhance the game with dozens of new assets and audio files.

This package is only compatible to Gaias Retaliation version 1.2C or higher.

Features:
  • Voice acted quest dialogues (currently about 50% of the quests)
  • Custom Music (Special thanks to Jumbo)

Installation:
  1. Download the extension folder here: (Mirror #1)
  2. Extract it with the decompression tool of your choice (for example 7-Zip)
  3. Drop the "GaiasRetaliation" folder into CustomMapData of your Warcraft III directory (merge if the folder already exists)
  4. If you already have local file support enabled; you can skip all remaining instructions
  5. When running a windows machine; go back to your desktop and enter "regedit" into the file search bar
  6. execute "regedit.exe".
  7. In the registry editor, unfold "HKEY_CURRENT_USER".
  8. unfold "SOFTWARE" -> "Blizzard Entertainment" -> "Warcraft III"
  9. Make sure the "Warcraft III" unfold is selected; a list of files will appear on the right side
  10. Right-click on the space and select Create - DWORD (32 bit)
  11. Enter Name As: "Allow Local Files"
  12. And Value As: 00000001

attachment.php

The game will now automaticly recognize the existance of this folder and adapt automaticly, no matter if you play in Singleplayer or Multiplayer (or Bnet). No further setup is required.

Voices by:
Morgenstern: Home
Sara Dunham: http://www.sara-dunham.weebly.com
Omri Rose: Omri Rose
Mathew Simmons
Mega Pieman
QAN_TL
DivineArm
Katte Noel
Enrique Gurule
Caitlin Oram: The Voice of Caitlin Buckley
Cary Reese
Travis "Capt. Eagle" Lindsey

Note: This package will have no effect on other maps or the Warcraft III game itself. It will only load from within a Gaias Retaliation game.

Congratulations, you are now one of the cool kids!

Attachments

• RegeditAllowLocalFiles.jpg
    RegeditAllowLocalFiles.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 13,745
  • FullMap.jpg
    FullMap.jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 48,469
Last edited:
Level 10
i just want to point out the .zip file for your GaiasRetaliation folder here has your save codes folder in it Zwiebel

EDIT:

Holy Shit Zwiebel intro cinematic = AMAZING. You out did yourself yet again. The maps and artwork is beautiful. Should make a new youtube trailer for Gaias including the intro cinematic on it

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Yea, just finished watching it too. Damn great! The voice acting on the intro could use a little work. The acting is good by itself, but needs some effect in my opinion. Maybe some reverb is in order to make it sound more epic. I think looking at the intro for Warcraft 1 & 2 would be a good idea. The narration there is similar, but has a more polished and epic feel to the narrator. The artwork itself is impressive and I am honored to be mentioned in the credits :).

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
oh, Im playing with Kamina atm. Whats your game name name? We are on Europe. By the way Zwieb, noticed that the pitch on the soundtrack is off =/

EDIT: We want to play with you. Can you please tell us the game name? :) As I said, we are on Europe so hosting bot or telling us which server you are on would be appreciated. I cant join West atm due to some hacker idiot stealing my serial key and using it there.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
The music is currently not working as intended, due to a wrong version being uploaded to the pack. It was the old version with changed music pitches. I advice anyone who wants to use the music aspect of the extension to download the newest version of the Music Addon from its own thread and use those files to overwrite the Extension pack ones.

Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Why dont you add an "EnableLocalFiles.reg" with:

A double klick on that file would replace steps 4-12.
I don't know... it's a certain habit of mine... I don't like stuff that does... stuff without my knowing. Editing the registry manually gives you a bit more understanding of the matter and add a bit of trustworthyness as you know how to revert the change again if you wished to.

Level 10
The download link for the map extension no longer works at the moment. When I tried it I received this following error. Is there any other place that would be more convenient for downloading you can place this at that wont cut people off for downloading it if too many people try to get it?

Attachments

• mapextensionerror.jpg
    mapextensionerror.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 771

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
The download link for the map extension no longer works at the moment. When I tried it I received this following error. Is there any other place that would be more convenient for downloading you can place this at that wont cut people off for downloading it if too many people try to get it?
Muzzel is negotiating with Ralle for increased pastebin storage. :)
Until then, maybe people can mirror the zip on other platforms?

PS: you gotta admit that error page is cute, though. :p

Level 1
I'm the voice of Colonel Brightblade. Thanks for playing!

Hi, folks!

I heard that the lines for Gaias Retaliation were released, so I decided to link up with the community and introduce myself. I collaborated with Zwiebelchen on the dialogue for Colonel Brightblade, and I also provided the voice for that character during the riveting introduction. It was an honor to assist Zwiebelchen with his campaign, and I hope that you enjoy playing the updated version as much as I did contributing to it.

Zwiebelchen is an outstanding producer, and I jumped at the chance to work with him after researching the universe that he created. The fact that he has captivated this community with such compelling content after all these years is a testament to his abilities. Warcraft 3 may be old, but it is still fresh and exciting because producers like Zwiebelchen remain active.

I also want to offer my services to anyone in the community who needs voice actors for their projects. This is something that I have done for years, and I have been fortunate enough to be featured in a variety of commercial and independent productions. If you have characters on paper that must be conjured before audiences, then I encourage you to visit my website at morgensternproductions.weebly.com or send me a private message.

With Sincere Gratitude,
Morgenstern

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Hi, folks!

I heard that the lines for Gaias Retaliation were released, so I decided to link up with the community and introduce myself. I collaborated with Zwiebelchen on the dialogue for Colonel Brightblade, and I also provided the voice for that character during the riveting introduction. It was an honor to assist Zwiebelchen with his campaign, and I hope that you enjoy playing the updated version as much as I did contributing to it.

Zwiebelchen is an outstanding producer, and I jumped at the chance to work with him after researching the universe that he created. The fact that he has captivated this community with such compelling content after all these years is a testament to his abilities. Warcraft 3 may be old, but it is still fresh and exciting because producers like Zwiebelchen remain active.

I also want to offer my services to anyone in the community who needs voice actors for their projects. This is something that I have done for years, and I have been fortunate enough to be featured in a variety of commercial and independent productions. If you have characters on paper that must be conjured before audiences, then I encourage you to visit my website at morgensternproductions.weebly.com or send me a private message.

With Sincere Gratitude,
Morgenstern
Hey dude, thanks for the kind words and actually checking up on this again. Hope you tried it out once. Or at least looked at the intro recorded on youtube:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...g-649/gaias-extension-intro-cinematic-269540/
Unfortunately, it's a rather low quality recording, but you get the idea.

EDIT: Moved post because it kind of belongs here. Also, you should check out this part of the forum: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/sound-music-art-290/
You can advertize your voice acting service there better (and for other mod makers to see).

Level 10
I'm having difficulties downloading the extension pack 1.1 on the mirror #1. It keeps erroring out on me. is there another mirror download?

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I have no problems so far. Downloading with Firefox.

EDIT: Yeah it worked np for me. 'Just S0ul who is new to computers.

EDIT2:
OH my God CASIMIR IS MUTE NO MORE!!! And a good voice too.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Could you add a small .txt file to show which version of the pack it is? Just so I realize when I need an update :)
Good idea!

I will upload version 1.3 with more and new music files in some hours (still going through them to select which should go where). Some of them are really nice.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
New version up!

- added over 15 new music tracks to the game, from various artists (http://www.bensound.com/, http://incompetech.com/, Theresa Silver, Mark Teichert)

Please make sure to replace all files inside the "music" folder if you overwrite your old folder with the new one, as I appended new music into the existing files for technical reasons.

Level 11
New version up!

- added over 15 new music tracks to the game, from various artists (http://www.bensound.com/, http://incompetech.com/, Theresa Silver, Mark Teichert)

Please make sure to replace all files inside the "music" folder if you overwrite your old folder with the new one, as I appended new music into the existing files for technical reasons.

Can you double check that the file is working properly?

I can't open up the new version file, neither with my old 7-zip or the latest version. The issue seem to be that Windows doesn't recognize that its a compressed file (rebooted twice after re/install).

Level 11
Unfortunately I'm past the 1 month regret period so kinda stuck on it :/

At least the start menu is nice and makes the desktop cleaner than ever, and Wc3 still works. Hopefully the UI will look better once I get my screen upgrade xd

Level 2
Hi.

Sorry to bother, but ... I followed your exact instructions for the Extension patch, but still, for example, the intro movie does not load at all, and I think I am still using the old models.

Is it because my OS is Windows XP 64-bit, which handles things differently?

In any case, this game really seems to be very nice~!

Cheers to all. ~_~

Level 8
XP doesn't really handle anything differently in terms of warcraft III. You know the intro doesn't load automatically right? You have to choose a new hero then answer the prompt. The only models switched are for some souls so you could miss those aswell.

If there's still an issue, show us a screenshot of where you unpacked the archive (showing the path), and a screenshot of your warcraft III registry entry.

Level 2
XP doesn't really handle anything differently in terms of warcraft III. You know the intro doesn't load automatically right? You have to choose a new hero then answer the prompt. The only models switched are for some souls so you could miss those aswell.

If there's still an issue, show us a screenshot of where you unpacked the archive (showing the path), and a screenshot of your warcraft III registry entry.

Yah. I saw that in the youtube intro (which was great, by the way. ~_~ ), and hence were surprised that i didnt have it on my side ...

Anyway, screenshot as mentioned -

Your prompt response has been sincerely appreciated. ~_~

Attachments

• Warcraft3 - GaiaR patch01.JPG
    Warcraft3 - GaiaR patch01.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 382