• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

🕹 Funmap Evening Event 🕹

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
*hands Magtheridon96 a kunaipop*

Well, gogo you have one week to develop a good Naruto map until the next Funmap Evening.

Announcement Note

Date of appointment: 8th of February (Saturday) 9pm CET (UTC+1)
Meeting Channel: #inwc.de-maps-FA (quakenet irc)
Hosting bot accessibility: Battle.net Northrend, Azeroth, Garena: >War3 RPG >Europe >Europe RPG Room 06, 08, 13, maybe also through Makemehost

Level 9
The map I suggested (Naruto Shinobi Showdown) is very different, it's a 1v1 tourny, fights lasts between 10 - 60 seconds, characters have 100 hp only and lot of spells.
Try it alone and you'll understand. Even if you never heard of Naruto it's a very interesting map.

-----

Ninja vs Samurai pro 1.1

very fun with at least 4vs4 players guys, think about it !
Very addictive, requires skills, lot of strategy, you can even create uncommon ones :)

PS : i keep giving ideas while i'm never on with you because the hour is really not when I'm on, so dont worry :p

Level 9
Because I'm Vietanmese, I'm going to suggest Divide and Fight. A Vietnamese map but the items, the heroes, the skills are f**kingly anwsome.

Level 5
Link or it doesn't exist ;)
Found it.

Current version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/tuathl5g12oc3vl/Divide and Fight v2.21.w3x
Latest version: https://www.facebook.com/daffanpage

as long as the ingame language is english
We have played a couple of foreign language maps. German being the most prevalent.
As long as we can figure out the game objective and make sense of some words, then everything works out fine.
And it helps loads if we are playing with at least one player who speaks the map's language and can translate important bits.
I haven't met anything harder than Wasser = Water so far.

Level 13
Found it.

I tried it. Seems to be an AoS map but I could not play because I got killed all the time by a tower which was near the spawn point of my hero. It looks like a great map with the whole fullscreen interface stuff etc.
But it won't make it into the Funmap Evening because those maps needs to be understandable and I couldn't read any of the descriptions.

We have played a couple of foreign language maps. German being the most prevalent.
As long as we can figure out the game objective and make sense of some words, then everything works out fine.
And it helps loads if we are playing with at least one player who speaks the map's language and can translate important bits.
I haven't met anything harder than Wasser = Water so far.

Yes, there were some German maps during the previous Funmap Evenings but this is because the origin of this event is inwarcraft.de the biggest German Warcraft 3 site. This event is still advertised there which explains the number of German participants.

But nevertheless the chatting should be in english and maps with German language were mostly hosted unintentional.
I know of two examples during the last three events.

The first one was during the "Wc3 Fun Mapmaking Challenge" which was hosted on THW and inwc.de. So one entry had German language, because the paticipant did not know that non-Germans would play the map but he translated it afterwards to english.

The second one is this snowball map which is originally made in German but I think there is a newer version which is also translated to english.

These were the maps played during the last Funmap Evening:
  • Forsaken Bastion's Fall v0.1
  • Ranger Tournament v7b
  • Banjoball v1.12
  • SOLDAT 030
  • Mazing Contest v1.2
  • Terran Base Defence v32
  • Pingu Wars v0.24
  • Comedian of Warcraft 1.07
  • Pictionary v3.6
  • Legion TD Mega 3.5(B4)
  • Legion TD Mega 3.5(B4)
  • Legion TD Mega 3.5(B4)
  • Legion TD Mega 3.5(B4)
(yes we played Legion TD four times :D)

Level 26
Announcement Note

Date of appointment: 8th of March (Saturday) 9pm CET (UTC+1)
Hosting bot accessibility: Battle.net Northrend, Azeroth, Garena: >War3 RPG >Europe >Exact channels will be communicated during the event
I want to explain the game hosting methods once again: The bot we regularly use is configurated to connect to Northrend and Azeroth at the same time. So if you join from either, it does not matter, you get thrown into the same game. An extra tool makes the bot connect to Garena, too. Garena is not really the best option in this day and age but if anyone needs to be there, say it and we will try. A major problem is that the RPG channels that I used before are now all stuffed with permanent hosting bots, which take up the limited amount of slots (20) you can see in the LAN menu at a time, so our bot's games will hardly be visible there, hence why we need to go to other channels. If we do not have Garena users present and want to play certain known maps, we may alternatively task a bot from makemehost.com. They have like 40 bots there currently, that host on demand. You pick a map from the list and the bot hosts it for you. May have better performance, I do not know, but sometimes our bot causes issues and in case I am not present, someone else can easily create a game.

Level 13
F.A.Q.

Why is my map not in the list?
The list could be missleading at first sight, because one could think that these maps are going to be played.
That is not case. They are recommendations of maps that have been played multiple times before during funmap evenings.
The listed maps just show what kind of maps you can expect to be played.

Can you add my (or this) map to the list?
Certainly not. Read the first question.

Can you play my map?
Yes we can. But won't do it... unless you participate on the funmap evening.
(Multiplayer and the english ingame language are recommended as well.)

Why don't you use the hive chat?
Because it is not an hiveworkshop event. Using the hive channel would mean that one has to be registered on THW
which does not apply to a great number of the participants.
You can bring your friend without him or her being forced to register anywhere.
Just join this chat room.

How do you host?
Link

Level 26
Can you play my map?
Yes we can. But won't do it... unless you participate on the funmap evening.

That's not necessary but beneficial because then at least one of the players has the desire to play the map and you can take the initiative and show your good will.

Why don't you use the hive chat?

Also to not disturb the other chatters there, this is not even my domain.

The listed maps just show what kind of maps you can expect to be played.

At some point, I need to come up with a new system. Someone requested we could vote for the favorite maps but the forum does not quite allow mass poll activity, it should be outsourced to sync with other sites, too, which may overexert some users again if they need to follow the links. And anyway, as I have reflected some months ago, public ratings are not rarely flawed.

Level 13
So what you are aiming for is a list of suitable maps for funmap evenings
in general.
In addition, a poll should be able to use this list to simplify the
search for the next playable map.
An optional function for this list could be being sortable by player
count, popularity and genre.
Popularity would be the main factor which can be influenced by the poll.
The poll should be working only during a specific funmap evening.
Also adding new maps to the poll during a funmap evening would be
beneficial.

Overall, the factor popularity requires clarification in this case.
How does one achieve that general popular maps won't prevent maps which
participating players realy would like to play?
So, one solution would be resetting the poll after each game only leaving
behind the list of maps which got extended during poll before.

But this solution would mean that one has to vote over and over again,
what can be perceived as overexert.
As a solution for this, one could make a poll before the actual funmap
evening event where users can vote their favourite.

But then again it is possible that the previous voted favourites outvote
maps that players actually want to be played. In the end one would
have a circle.

Level 18
I'd just like to suggest my map to be one that you guys play in rotation. Against the Darkness has been a THW hosted project since 2007. It's a Hunter vs. Hunted Hero Survival that pits a team of Death Hunters against a Death Knight. You can also choose to play Death Match mode (FFA). In January, I released an enormous update containing over 30 major changes. Give it a shot and let me know what you think!

You link to a rejected map, which can't be downloaded anymore.

I have nothing todo with organisating this event, but even me wonders why people always ask to test their map for you... is this a testing group?!

Maybe you should just come at next date and play with this community, and maybe then you also could suggest a map that can be played..

Level 26
Announcement Note

Date of appointment: 19th of April (Saturday) 9pm CET (UTC+2)
Hosting bot accessibility: Battle.net Northrend, Azeroth
Currently, I cannot guarantee a connection to Garena. Either something is missing in my configuration (I had shifted my system recently) or Garena changed something.

This FME will be linked to a Mapmaking Challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.