1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The SharpCraft World Editor Extended (WEX) has been updated for the latest Warcraft 3 version: Forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #3 - Leaders has begun! Artists group up and struggle! May the best team lead the run.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The long awaited results for Mini-Mapping Contest #13 is here! Congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Vote for the best Concept Art Contest - Bounty Hunter entry!
    Dismiss Notice

Funmap Evening Event

Discussion in 'Multiplayer, Clans and Arrangements' started by WaterKnight, Apr 13, 2013.

1. A]mun

A]mun

I can name a few, that we have played last time:

Battleships
    Rise of Winterchill
    Blood Tournament
    Hero Push

I'd be down for more strategic maps like:
    Lords of Europe
    The New World

Uther Party is a common sight as well

You can also recommend a map, but which one we are playing will be decided spontaneously in most cases - it all depends on the current mood of the flock.

2. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

WaterKnight said he might be busy this Saturday, so I'll organize this.

• Date of appointment: 10th of September (Saturday) 7:00pm (CET)
      Meeting spot: Chat of Hiveworkshop, Hive Discord for optional voice chat, and Clan THW @ Northrend
      Hosting bot accessibility: Battle.net, Eurobattle.net, EntConnect.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  3. Bitchmoon

Bitchmoon

I am so behind this!

4. Softmints

Softmints

Augh, another one on a night that I'm busy! I miss funmaps...

hf on my behalf

5. neven1

neven1

How can ppl be busy on saturday? ;o

6. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Loads of reasons. Family responsibilities (never end), jobs that aren't the classic "9-to-5", church responsibilities/Sabbath (Jews)... Etc.

7. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

I just clarified some confusion with MiniMage and he stated that you planned an "SC2 Funmap Evening Event". Guys, if you plan an event for the public, you need to post about it to avoid scheduling conflicts like we have now. Announcing a conflicting event after an official scheduling shouldn't happen.

There is no SC2 Funmap Evening event. People are allowed to play SC2 with their buds of course, but it conflicts with the official WC3 event.

PS. We're in Warcraft 3 -> Multiplayer Clans and Arrangements forum :p

8. MiniMage

MiniMage

No subsection exists in the hive forum for organizing of SC2 multiplayer events, after chatting with StoPCampinGn00b, I found out that there a plan for one to be made. I suggest migrating such traffic to a discord group. Active or not, we would at least have a place to spread the news of future arrangements of sc2 related gaming events. I could probably make one and invite you guys to it. Send me a PM if you guys are interested. This way there wont be a conflict with hive events and no conflicts would be made.

9. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Wait no, huh? I didn't say I'll push for a SC2 forum for multiplayer; that was just your suggestion. I was saying that the Starcraft Nexus forum has been used for multiplayer events in the past, and that I'm not sure if a new SC2 forum just for multiplayer events would be active enough.

You can always suggest those things in site discussion, of course.

10. MiniMage

MiniMage

I never said you would push for it. I pointed out that you informed me that there was no plan for one to be made and thus I suggested a compromise that'll fill that void without making it so that members has to spend time digging through a generic SC2 section looking for the right thread. Because generally, by the time you find the right thread, you lose interest because it just takes to long to find. This compromise solves problems about appearance in regards to activity as well as creating a place for SC2 players to look for, as well as hindering conflict with the official hive event you and waterknight are managing.

Edit: SC2 group created on Discord, I started inviting a couple people already.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  11. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

are we having a 24 hours challenge for this one?

12. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying. Though, anyone can always create a new thread for it in the Starcraft Nexus.

No, not this time. Start suggesting maps. I'll start with my suggestion of Risk Devo, but if no one else but 2 or so people know how to play, we can pass on this map :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  13. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

I'd love to play Advent of the Zenith or Desert of Exile if that's possible. Not sure either of those ever got updated to work with new patches and I realize they're just AoSes but still fun, pretty, and very well-made.

Edit: Actually just realized this is in CET, which makes it during work for me on Saturday. If this is still happening around 12:30 am CET Sunday morning I'd be down to play then. But I can't make it any earlier than that.

14. wTc[JediMaster]

wTc[JediMaster]

@StoPCampinGn00b
    Hero Push
    E V O L V E S
    Builders & Figthers v1.3
    Hoihoi's Custom Hero Survival (AR Heroes & Spells)
    Are you a Lucker? (are a v2 version no? for more then 4?
    Azeroth Wars Legacy Reborn
    Stronghold (3 teams)
    WarCraft Maul: X27b (or X26)
    Legendary Gladiators X4 (X4.1 is the one you find now days but the X4 with a Green X is better :p)

So some map Ideas for us :)

15. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

There's a good chance some of us would still be online at that time. One of the funmap "evenings" lasted over 12 hours, lol.

16. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Well that's promising. I'll hop on as soon as I'm back from work!

17. wTc[JediMaster]

wTc[JediMaster]

@Pyrogasm ye as SCN said on the weekends those that are active ingame in THW will prob be online so just come by channel and we/some well be there or ingame :p

unless you got major bad luck xD

18. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Hey guys, the timer got messed up with some time zone mistakes, so I removed it thanks to someone telling me that in the chat room. The Funmap Evening event of course starts at the standard time of 7:00pm CET which is 40 minutes from now. Cheers!

EDIT: https://discord.gg/U7QkQ

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  19. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

troll and Elves
    Enfos?
    some random TD's
    Crazy f*cking battle
    that's about it.

20. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm