• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

🕹 Funmap Evening Event 🕹

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I was there! 6 players, everyone arrived right on time. We played an AoS (RoW), a football game (Banjo), Sunken Defense, Warlock, Obsidian Depths, Uther Party, Dreamvale, three rounds of Kung Fu Chess, two rounds of a sled racing game (schlitten rennen). Sadly it was in german and I couldn't make heads or tails of it. I understood the "Not enough snow!" part. We also tried space orks but that isn't meant for 1v1. Finally Hot Potato.

+rep WaterKnight for organizing and hosting.

Last edited:
Level 26
Showing up, preferably joining the chat channel for centralized communication. Entering games from either BNet (Northrend, Azeroth) or from Garena (RPG rooms 6, 8, 13). Motivation and patience.

The duration of a game should not be longer than an hour because not everybody has the same taste and we want to be somewhat flexible if players show up in the meantime. But that depends on the constellation. Sometimes would we fade out the evening with some endless map like Escape Builder. Personally do I like and promote tests of innovative maps.

Level 26
I would not have announced the event on this site if it required german. We may talk german at times out of habit but then we do not address you and it's not of importance. Anything else will I gladly translate and others will understand your English too.

edit: Important: I have mistakenly just copied from a prior announcement and not considered that we have wintertime by now. So I actually meant UTC+1. Thanks to edo494 for the hint. Due to the lateness of that insight, I will still be ready according to UTC+2, so we may fill the hour with whoever's there meanwhile.

Last edited:
Level 26
Garena is okay and we do usually have 1-2 players that join from there. The hosting bot opens the game in BNet and on Garena simultaneously, so we can participate from different sources. If I would be able to, I would have even added other services like w3arena and Eurobattlenet.

Level 16
You shouldn't see the map list as a static program. It is just what you can expect to be played. It is a list of maps we actually played multible times.
Everyone is free to suggest maps for the next session.

Yea, thought so, but still, it kinda surprises me that it's not played frequently. It's a really, really high quality map that's well polished, fairly well balanced and it's got a lot of thoughts put into its mechanisms. I just love playing it - too bad after the host bots updated it to the last version a few months ago on bnet, people stopped playing it, for some reason.

I definitely recommend giving this beauty a go. I might join the next one too, though it's not really likely (I'll have to study, and I honestly rather spend my free time on practicing and learning, or with PoE, than with other things).

Level 26
The list is just a collection of maps we played in the past that I found to be playable and replayable for funmap evenings. Depending on the amount of players, I have to have fitting suggestions in case nobody else comes up with something. It's not something complete or outstanding. I should indeed update it.

The maps do not have to be complex in order to be fun and as said before, since we mainly consist of mapmakers, we also like to dip into new experiences like map tests. Yeah and no reason to limit it to Hive maps. The event is not even exclusive to Hive.

Of course can we try Tropical Tower Wars.

Level 26
Which ones are outdated? Rather than a direct download link, for most maps, I posted the urls to their project thread, so you can view the latest update. And yes, those do work with wc3 1.26.

By creating a poll, do you mean I should ask for the popularity of the listed maps in order to push back those unwanted? This I can do. But of course I can list only maps I know and that may not be your preference, so user suggestions are still helpful. I want to note that the few nominations here were indeed given a go.

Here we go:
Elimination Tournament 2 is not downloadable anymore, seems like wc3c is buggy.
But even then, if you still have it, last time I tested it was not possible to play it with latest patch.

Mad Balls Arena does not correctly load in warcraft 3 (latest patch).

There may be others, but that are the only ones I known without downloading and testing all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.