• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fun with Locust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi,
so, since i'm not good at model editing, i wanted to make some units consisting of a normal unit and a locust unit, now, the basic idea is simple (though i haven't got much time to test it :( ), but i just can't make the details.
In particular, i would like to make two kind of units:
the first one is an orc with a wolf locust, the wolf has to:
- stay next to the orc and follows it
- if the unit enters in a transport it has to disappear and reappear when the orc will leave the transport (well that should be easy, i can do it on myself :) )
- won't attack other units than the one the orc is attacking, except if the orc is attacking a flying unit
- when the attacked unit dies, the wolf will run back next to the orc

The other is an elf with an Hawk, it has to do the same things of the one above but run around the elf (the neutral creeps ability will do) but never go too far away from the elf...if for any reason it will go too far away (i made an ability "Dive" that involves movement so it may happen) then it'll have to run back to the edge of the limit

I know i'm asking a lot but would be very nice to have some help for this, i simply can't get my head on this (well, maybe if it wasn't for the uni exams period...:hohum: )

Level 2
maybe using triggers to order it to get back if it goes to far, variable HERO starts attacking an enemy - condition variable HERO is attacking enemy - attack same enemy, variable UNIT starts attacking an enemy - variable HERO is not equal to attacking enemy - stop UNIT.

Do that help a little?

Level 7
oh yeah Vexorian is quite famous for JASS scripts and systems (used the "MoveUnitAsProjectile" function from the Caster system for some time)...if not the most famous scripter in the war3 maps making world, i'll look for it

Status
Not open for further replies.