• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Freezing Cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I suppose you could do something like this:
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - For Unit (Triggering unit), start cooldown of ability Animate Dead "over" 5.00 seconds.
So it's not technically paused but it'll stay at the same cooldown until you turn the timer off.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Interesting, but as far as my testing goes with that set cooldown function, the new cooldown only applies once the spell is not on cooldown. I might need to redo my tests.
It should start the cooldown regardless of it's state, but then again I haven't tried it in a while.

Edit: Tested it just now, it works, although the UI will flicker/bug out for a moment.

There's always the option to Disable the ability and then Enable/Start it's cooldown once it's ready to resume.

It should start the cooldown regardless of it's state, but then again I haven't tried it in a while.

Edit: Tested it just now, it works, although the UI will flicker/bug out for a moment.

There's always the option to Disable the ability and then Enable/Start it's cooldown once it's ready to resume.

Glad to hear, thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.