• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FPS Mod Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
So it's Blizzard's fault that custom made code extensions don't work anymore?
Code injection depends on fixed addresses of code in memory. Therefore any patch can result in custom code not working anymore.
The least they could do is not use a completely different compiler and screw up all custom maps that use windwalk or shockwave based abilities

So what should Blizzard do then? Not patch anymore? :hohum:
Well frankly, it's been a very long time since a new patch came out, and then suddenly they decide to make a new patch. What did they do? They increased repair rate of scout towers and fixed a DotA soundbug... No offense but if the price we need to pay for that is to wait months for a fix of WE Newgen or RTC, not to mention unplayable lag in maps using windwalk or shockwave dummies, then they can put their new useless patches in their asses.

Level 5
The least they could do is not use a completely different compiler and screw up all custom maps that use windwalk or shockwave based abilities

Well frankly, it's been a very long time since a new patch came out, and then suddenly they decide to make a new patch. What did they do? They increased repair rate of scout towers and fixed a DotA soundbug... No offense but if the price we need to pay for that is to wait months for a fix of WE Newgen or RTC, not to mention unplayable lag in maps using windwalk or shockwave dummies, then they can put their new useless patches in their asses.

Ofcourse it sucks when custom maps/code , used by a lot of people, stops working after a patch. But weather me, you, or anyone else likes it or not, Blizzard has the final say. Who knows what they were thinking to release this patch. Maybe there were a lot of people complaining. I myself don't see a need for the patch either, but that doesn't stop Blizzard from doing what they seem fit.

Frankly I don't see Blizzard providing support for code plugins either, although it can be a very nice feature which can prevent annoyances like this. Maybe they'll surprise us with Starcraft 2.

Level 7
Have you read the first post?
ATTENTION: Since there's been coming a lot of comments, I'd like to note that yes, we do know that the triggers for the map sucks, and yes we do know that it's partially leaky. This is a demo that shows off using the MouseAPI/WindowAPI along with the KeyboardAPI for making a First Person Shooter. It just so happens we decided to release a small map along with it, which we didn't feel like spending a lot of time making,. SO PLEASE, LOOK AT THE ENGINE, NOT THE MAP.
- MindWorX

Level 8
Wow, lioness... that sniper rifle model is amazing. You said Happytauren made it, or you did? I showed it to quite a few friends who also thought it was really good. I am surprised how it was such a small filesize and how well the skins already in the game were used for it. Even the finger pulling the trigger when firing was really cool. Unfortunately, hate to say this... but I have kind of given up on the FPS thing. I mean, in terms of playability I pretty much milked it for all it can be so I basically stopped working on it. If I change it into a TPS with a few FPS aspects like sniping, it would be much more playable and worth working on again but then again that crazy model he made would basically be useless. ;/

Level 24
Wow, lioness... that sniper rifle model is amazing. You said Happytauren made it, or you did? I showed it to quite a few friends who also thought it was really good. I am surprised how it was such a small filesize and how well the skins already in the game were used for it. Even the finger pulling the trigger when firing was really cool. Unfortunately, hate to say this... but I have kind of given up on the FPS thing. I mean, in terms of playability I pretty much milked it for all it can be so I basically stopped working on it. If I change it into a TPS with a few FPS aspects like sniping, it would be much more playable and worth working on again but then again that crazy model he made would basically be useless. ;/
HT made it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.