• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

ForrestSpider.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Thfatman
This skin will work on one of the following paths:
Units\Creeps\Spider\Spider.blp
Units\Creeps\SpiderBlack\SpiderBlack.blp
Units\Creeps\SpiderBlue\SpiderBlue.blp
Units\Creeps\SpiderGreen\Spidergreen.blp
Contents

Forrest Spider (Texture)

Reviews
12:56, 8th Dec 2009 67chrome: Accepted skins really need to show a certain level of time spent on them to be approved, anyone who has access to an art program could do this, it's a solid color with a little bit of shading, there should be more...

M

12:56, 8th Dec 2009
67chrome: Accepted skins really need to show a certain level of time spent on them to be approved, anyone who has access to an art program could do this, it's a solid color with a little bit of shading, there should be more details, more dynamic shading that doesn't make everything look like bubbles, and a more cohesive theme. Totally saturated colors aren't the most attractive either, and their should be at least two colors in a solid skin.

Level 1
Excuse my non-constructive criticism , but since when are Forest Spiders GREEN?! Even the fruit or banana-spiders are either very pale (for camouflage), have stripes (to blend with the natural environment) or ,if they don't spin webs, are almost (if not) completely black.
This was more off-topic, to be honest, but I just didn't see the relevance of this poor green arachnid. You need a lot more work on it if you want it to be approved.

- Rating 2/5 (lacking)
- Voting for Rejection (until further updates)

Seeing how the spider texture consists of SO LITTLE, it feels very unnecessary that you would have to upload a skin that is basically nuclear green with some shading so that "someone else might use it". If someone needs a spider skin like this, regardless of how noob they are, they could make it themselves in less than five minutes.

When you have so little texture space to work on, you have to make sure you get it really good instead.

Seeing how the spider texture consists of SO LITTLE, it feels very unnecessary that you would have to upload a skin that is basically nuclear green with some shading so that "someone else might use it". If someone needs a spider skin like this, regardless of how noob they are, they could make it themselves in less than five minutes.

When you have so little texture space to work on, you have to make sure you get it really good instead.

I'm a n00b, and i can make it waay better :ugly: