1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Vote for the best entries in the 13th Music Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Forgotten War COOP Campaign for 2 players version 1.1

Submitted by ForestDefender, Matt V.
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Link to the original singleplayer version- Forgotten War ver 2.008
Converted by me, Matt V. The original SP campaign was made by ForestDefender and uploaded by Tuzec.
This campaign is for 2 players! sorry about the wrong number shown.

EDIT 18.10.2019- This is the newest version released(1.1). Feel free to let me know about any present bugs/issues, but there shouldn't be too many of the issues anymore. However, I haven't fixed ALL of the bugs I've known about, so I might release a newer version in the future.

So, here it is. My first project.

PLEASE NOTE: I haven't changed too much stuff in this campaign, other than adding a new player, adjusting the terrain(filling empty places with trees/creeps, removing a few cinematics/shortened them/adjusted them to look better), making some models appear smaller(a castle as huge as the screen was NOT okay) and a few necessary tweaks in the triggers.

Known issues, bugs READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING A REVIEW
-Some cinematics might be way too long, with grammar mistakes and not fused
-Some camera angles are done unnaturally
-After a cinematic is finished, in certain levels another pops up once you or your friend select a unit.. I don't know how else should I do that- open for any ideas)
-Ancestral Architect doesn't heal from fountains, but instead heals from being burrowed. I 'might' keep this thing in the game though.
-No save/load mechanic(I am not really thinking about updating it there since you both get various heroes pretty often(except for first 2 levels, but you will be granted items anyway), but I might reconsider in the future.
-As well as no shared upgrades(intentionally, since you get lots of gold anyway) again, might reconsider with further testing
-Some models appear to be way too big on certain maps
-Difficulty might be a bit unbalanced- some levels might be way too easy, some way too hard (even though I have done a lot of testing..)
-I know about the separated cinematics in prologue and in the missions, will take a look at it in later versions.

Features:
-9 COOP missions and 6 cinematics(including Credits)
-Custom made models and very altered naga race
-Variety of map types, from base-building to RPG-style, as well as variety of the landscape
-Unique mechanic- Sunlight Curse
-Unique heroes in most of the missions(except for the first few levels) with special abilities
-Unique units with special abilities
-Unique gameplay
-Rewards for completing quests in most missions
-Constant update and review checking for newer versions
-Skippable cinematics

Features I am about to add/edit:
-Rebalance difficulty after reading your reviews
-Adjust terrain further
-Fuse the cinematics together

Also, it was @FeelsGoodMan and @Daffa the Mage who helped me do this perfectly. I thank them for that!

Version 1.1 changes:
Prologues: Unchanged for now, sorry!
Level 1: Added extra route to get to the end of the level, more gold, adjusted terrain(deleted objects that were blocking the path), made triggers act smoother
Level 2: Adjusted the terrain(no more big mountains, better pathfinding and objectives(units should no longer run far away from the village)
Level 3: P2 no longer loses units after the ritual, AI should behave better, Lizard Shed available for both players now, Red Ventar as well
Level 4: Reduced amount of ambushing units, added a new side quest, smoother triggers, City of Eternal Fire now available for both players,deleted/replaced a few turrets, added an easter egg
Level 5: Quests adjusted to work better, the level is actually completable now(script issues)
Level 6: Quest with Darksun now works properly, removed a few dragons, the level works as intended now(Side quests are actually rewarding)
Level 7: Adjusted quests, Larodar now attacks properly(as well as Demon legions)
Level 8: Quest tweaks, the ship is now obtainable, trolls work as intended
Level 9: More resources, more comfortable Deathwing gameplay
Epilogue and Credits unchanged for now.

Feel free to add a review/commentary of any sort(if you want to inform me of a certain bug or issue, please make sure it's not listed in Known bugs and issues shown here. Thank you!
Contents

Forgotten War0 1st part of Prologue (Map)

Forgotten War0 2nd part of Prologue (Map)

Forgotten War0 3rd part of Prologue (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 1 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 2 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 3 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 4 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 5 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 6 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 7 Interlude (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 7 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 8 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 9 (Map)

Forgotten War- Epilogue (Map)

Forgotten War Credits cinematic (Map)

1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, Ralle added non-account names for some campaigns like: The Lonely Nightstar

2. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Done.

3. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wanted to add the save/load mechanic there.. but I decided not to do so after all(at least for now, that is) However, I tweaked the levels and ability selection- by giving the amount of levels but not adding fixed ability points(players have to pick it again every level, so they can possibly decide what to max in another mission)
    And yes, most of the bugs have been fixed I believe.. I made some necessary tweaks in certain levels, to make the playthrough more pleasant for both players(I don't really remember what exactly I've done, but you can see most of the changes in the "version 1.1 changes" in the map description)

Also I guess you know that, but you can play it yourself, without the need of playing with another person.. heroes get items, but they don't have the ability points preset or anything)
    Since I haven't received any mentions about the issues/bugs in the campaign(and I played the entire campaign twice, with 2 of my fellow friend testers and I fixed/tweaked all of the issues we found) I'm not planning to update it, just because I don't know what to include in the update(Possibly the prologue merging and the grammar mistakes and mispelling changes, but goddamn that's gonna be a pain to deal with)

It's all up to you whether you decide to approve it or not(I would be glad if it got approved of course, but the fact no one(except for @Lord Esdin , thank you for your comment btw!) posted a "review" yet kinda bothers me..
    Matt V.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I would prefer you find someone to help you with the transition codes. Just adding one more player in each map doesn't quite make it a campaign without proper game cache access.
    Maybe @tulee would since he endorses this project. I haven't used such save systems myself so I can't give you any hints.

Codeless Save and Load (Multiplayer) - v3.0.0
    CodeGen 1.0.2
    Save/Load Code, Yet Another
    Save/Load Code

Also, I will remove the tag spam.

5. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well what exactly do you mean by that? I mean, I have done much more than that.. both of the players get to see the cinematics, which is quite time consuming itself to be honest.. all the changes I've done apply for both of the players(if that's what you meant, that is..)
    Maybe I'm just being stupid and inexperienced in all this, so please make that clear to me.
    Also, I don't think the save/load mechanic is needed at all(I have talked about that before with tulee as well in private conversation, and I decided not to add it there after all, because you get items before the game starts anyway..)

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    OK, I'll do a run sometime to see how things go then.

Just in case, take a look at my review on the original campaign Forgotten War ver 2.008 and see if you can fix stuff that's present there so I won't have to mention it again.

7. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright.. I have to confess though, I have changed quite many things you mentioned there, but I haven't been messing with the units at all. So for example Darksun's aura remains the same.. and so on. You know, many people here said that I already edit beyond co-op :) so I figured I shouldn't edit it too much. I guess I can never really do a favour to everyone here..

But I changed some things in the triggers- for example the dryads saying "none"(also just to be clear, I added another hero for chapter 5, who's a Crypt Lord. I guess some people might disagree, but I thought it would be more pleasant for the players so both of the players have a hero.)
    I also changed the size of certain buildings that were too annoying(also mentioned it in the description of the map)
    If you want to, deepstrasz, I can send you a private message of all the tweaks I made according to your review of Forgotten War ver 2.008.
    If not I can just post it here, but it might be a longer text(cant tell at the moment, its your call anyway)

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't know... does it fit the theme? Also, try at least not copying all the spells and think of some strategy using spells from here and there?
    Wait, each has the same hero type or they share one new hero?
    Yes please.
    Doesn't matter if it's long. You can hide it under spoiler/hidden tags like so:

[spoiler] or [hidden="title"]
    wall of text
    [/spoiler] or [/hidden]

9. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    looks like this campaign is going about as I expected and said it would.

lets just throw in a random crypt lord

Item Cache. Naahh cant do it sorry brah

as i said pages ago. butchered

10. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Long time no see..
    Seems like we're off for a great New Year start :)
    Also Anaxie, could you kindly tell me how else would have you done it? I don't take no as an answer. Just think about it. Giving them both same heroes? nawh. It's just for this level, which you havent even played yourself.. also 950 downloads is more than enough for me.

Oh and not that I CAN'T do it, I just find it pointless. Players get items at the start anyway, so what's the point? There aren't any items (besides level 5) where players get to keep actually good items. And if they do, they automatically receive it in the next level anyway.
    By the way Happy New Year :))))

11. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So you trigger the maps so all potential items on past maps appear on the ground/in the inventory of heroes at the start of maps?
    This disincentivizes players from collecting items. In those typical rpg maps in campaigns, players will normally look at the shape of the terrain in the fog of war. Even though you cannot see anything specially, people can see the shape of a deadend. It is in those times that people who will ordinarily go the dead-end route first to collect w/e items drop from optional creeps in that area, and then go back the correct path. But no-one will ever choose to go the dead-end path if they get the items anyway.

The save/code system I posted is simple to implement, if you ever change your mind about it.

12. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I don't remember too exactly, but there usually was something in these deadends.. for example some quests. But the thing is, I've been shouted at for editing beyond coop, and none of the players have expressed their opinions yet, so I still don't know(although I tested it twice with 2 of my friends in earlier version-s) whether it's good to go in the current state or not.
    I'd be happy to do it for others(the Item Cache), although it probably would have changed ForestDefender's original intentions.. and if that's not a problem for you great :)
    So basically I'm just waiting for some reviews, don't wanna change something that might work just fine.
    But tulee once again I'm very glad you even took the time to consider doing the Item Cache for me(and others)! I feel kinda sorry for not implementing it to be honest..

13. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yea, I thought it was strange no-one commented at all on playing it.

His original campaign had a game cache, so the item cache is just keeping in accord with his original product.

Yea, I guess the best option is to see how other players feel about it.