1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Forgotten War COOP Campaign for 2 players version 1.1

Submitted by ForestDefender, Matt V.
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Link to the original singleplayer version- Forgotten War ver 2.008
Converted by me, Matt V. The original SP campaign was made by ForestDefender and uploaded by Tuzec.
This campaign is for 2 players! sorry about the wrong number shown.

EDIT 18.10.2019- This is the newest version released(1.1). Feel free to let me know about any present bugs/issues, but there shouldn't be too many of the issues anymore. However, I haven't fixed ALL of the bugs I've known about, so I might release a newer version in the future.

So, here it is. My first project.

PLEASE NOTE: I haven't changed too much stuff in this campaign, other than adding a new player, adjusting the terrain(filling empty places with trees/creeps, removing a few cinematics/shortened them/adjusted them to look better), making some models appear smaller(a castle as huge as the screen was NOT okay) and a few necessary tweaks in the triggers.

Known issues, bugs READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING A REVIEW
-Some cinematics might be way too long, with grammar mistakes and not fused
-Some camera angles are done unnaturally
-After a cinematic is finished, in certain levels another pops up once you or your friend select a unit.. I don't know how else should I do that- open for any ideas)
-Ancestral Architect doesn't heal from fountains, but instead heals from being burrowed. I 'might' keep this thing in the game though.
-No save/load mechanic(I am not really thinking about updating it there since you both get various heroes pretty often(except for first 2 levels, but you will be granted items anyway), but I might reconsider in the future.
-As well as no shared upgrades(intentionally, since you get lots of gold anyway) again, might reconsider with further testing
-Some models appear to be way too big on certain maps
-Difficulty might be a bit unbalanced- some levels might be way too easy, some way too hard (even though I have done a lot of testing..)
-I know about the separated cinematics in prologue and in the missions, will take a look at it in later versions.

Features:
-9 COOP missions and 6 cinematics(including Credits)
-Custom made models and very altered naga race
-Variety of map types, from base-building to RPG-style, as well as variety of the landscape
-Unique mechanic- Sunlight Curse
-Unique heroes in most of the missions(except for the first few levels) with special abilities
-Unique units with special abilities
-Unique gameplay
-Rewards for completing quests in most missions
-Constant update and review checking for newer versions
-Skippable cinematics

Features I am about to add/edit:
-Rebalance difficulty after reading your reviews
-Adjust terrain further
-Fuse the cinematics together

Also, it was @FeelsGoodMan and @Daffa the Mage who helped me do this perfectly. I thank them for that!

Version 1.1 changes:
Prologues: Unchanged for now, sorry!
Level 1: Added extra route to get to the end of the level, more gold, adjusted terrain(deleted objects that were blocking the path), made triggers act smoother
Level 2: Adjusted the terrain(no more big mountains, better pathfinding and objectives(units should no longer run far away from the village)
Level 3: P2 no longer loses units after the ritual, AI should behave better, Lizard Shed available for both players now, Red Ventar as well
Level 4: Reduced amount of ambushing units, added a new side quest, smoother triggers, City of Eternal Fire now available for both players,deleted/replaced a few turrets, added an easter egg
Level 5: Quests adjusted to work better, the level is actually completable now(script issues)
Level 6: Quest with Darksun now works properly, removed a few dragons, the level works as intended now(Side quests are actually rewarding)
Level 7: Adjusted quests, Larodar now attacks properly(as well as Demon legions)
Level 8: Quest tweaks, the ship is now obtainable, trolls work as intended
Level 9: More resources, more comfortable Deathwing gameplay
Epilogue and Credits unchanged for now.

Feel free to add a review/commentary of any sort(if you want to inform me of a certain bug or issue, please make sure it's not listed in Known bugs and issues shown here. Thank you!
Contents

Forgotten War0 1st part of Prologue (Map)

Forgotten War0 2nd part of Prologue (Map)

Forgotten War0 3rd part of Prologue (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 1 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 2 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 3 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 4 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 5 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 6 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 7 Interlude (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 7 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 8 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 9 (Map)

Forgotten War- Epilogue (Map)

Forgotten War Credits cinematic (Map)

1. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    And I wouldn't blame you for it, Shar :). I don't really think there is any problem with CONTACTING you, which is considered like a bad thing only if I don't. Also, I don't think this was very needed to drag you Shar, into this conversation and discussion.. and so it happened..

Oh, and to be honest, the main reason why I created this account was to post reviews in the first place, since I enjoyed playing almost every campaign I have played so far and wanted to leave some feedback for the authors.(I enjoyed especially yours because of its uniqueness, but that's another thing..)

2. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Prob edit

3. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We want people to make a good effort on getting in touch with people. I have helped many people get in touch with authors in the past by giving them the email of them or recommending finding them on deviant art or similar to get a proper answer. It can't be half-assed, you have to try.

4 days is nothing. I would expect you to try for months to get in touch.

Also. You can pre-empt this whole thing by putting a sort of license in your description. "This map is for playing/consumption only, if you make edits of it, do not submit them publicly" or similar. Then there's no reason to even contact you.

Also, if you are dead (not paying attention to WC3 anymore) you don't care about people editing your map because you aren't around to care.

When this blows over, we will move all these posts to their own thread to make this thread for comments about the map instead of this whole healthy, albeit sort of misplaced discussion.

4. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now I am curious about this.. how exactly should have I tried to get in touch with ForestDefender? Give me an example or two, thank you.. And also, if Tuzec would reply to me, would his word have any weigh, considering that as Anaxie said, he's only an uploader, and not the original editor himself?
    And again, I can just delete this and wait for a way to contact ForestDefender(although I really doubt there is any way) or just delete this and be done with this. I had no idea doing something like this would start such a discussion, over 4 pages and it's still extending and going on. (Yet I am aware of this practic being wrong, or in other words, definitely not appropriate.)
    I'm very curious about how this turns out, about what will happen with my upload.. and I respect all of your decisions.

By the way his entire name, as is written in the credits is "Joaquin "Forest Defender" Gonzalez". Would be glad if you somehow found the right one(there is a lot of them, few of them even were/are quite famous.

5. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I doubt Forest Defender will ever be able to be contacted tbh. It is not so much about the time in-between (16 year?), but that he never had an account on hiveworkshop. Tuzec himself rarely posts anything, I think many people have tried to contact that guy, he just randomly logs on every few years and that is it. Even if he did reply, I doubt he would remember much about Forest Defender.

Definitely do not get discouraged. Coop maps are the future trend I think. People really want to be able to play with their friends. Hopefully, you maps will be allowed to stay.

6. Yuefang

Yuefang

Resources:
    Resources:
    I kinda think the same, but I barely have any idea how a coop campaign could be.

7. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We have decided that until we have substantial proof that serious attempts at trying to reach the author are done, this cannot be approved.

8. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If he shows proof he is trying multiple times to search the author's name on google/has been asking older members who might have known him where the author is, will that be enough? It is hard since the original author (forestdefender) made the campaign before hiveworkshop was created (or he just did not ever have a hiveworkshop account).

9. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We will discuss it down the line. Personally, a serious amount of googling and hunting via social media is more than sufficient for seriousness. For now, it'll stay pending since there's no direct order from the original author or anyone with the right to restrict this resources.

10. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I added a template for the save/load system by Aceheart and modified by Kilmaat. Very simple and almost 0 effort needed, just remember to copy paste the JASS code at the top of the trigger section (in the map) before saving, and remember to have the file- preferences "auto create variables when pasting triggers" set to on. I think @deflinok2 was also looking for this.

Attached Files:

11. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will make sure to include this in the next updated version and in the description with credits. Thank you!

also, @Daffa the Mage , as I have told you before here and in the private conversations, I tried looking for ForestDefender- on Google by typing his name, looked at other WC3 websites(gaming-tools, epicwar) but all without a single valuable result. I could also attach a screenshot of it, but I guess you can imagine that it's not too relevant, at least imho. I have also asked you all here multiple times, if you happen to find him then let me know, so apparently no one has a way of contacting him(maybe only @tuzec could have his contact somewhere, but he hasn't logged in for almost year and a half now..) I hope you understand.

12. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I would be curious if a trend begins in hiveworkshop to make many previous campaigns 2p(coop) compatible if this campaign is successful. Would probably annoy the moderators though, since I guess they would be forced to play through campaigns they may have already played through before. Perhaps to avoid this situation, the moderation comment should just be based on some random person who plays the campaign and gives feedback.

Also, I would suggest putting the link to FD's campaign at the top somewhere so people can easily get linked to the original.

13. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I will do that once I release the update. I started working on it, trying to make sure the save/load works.. I should be able to release the update by the end of October.. sorry for the delay guys! I know I promised it would be updated by the end of Septrmber, but since many people kept saying that I'm editing beyond coop, I was thinking that I might not update too much stuff after all, since it would be a problem for most of the people..
    But I'm having some issues irl, so once I'm done with it I will try to release the patch asap.
    Thanks for your patience!

EDIT: I have released the update yesterday. Feel free to post a review!(bugfix list in the description of the map)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  14. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Pretty much nothing can be done at this rate I suppose. Anyway, make the link to the original more visible (I'm referring to using text size). I concluded this can be permitted, BUT any takedown from ForestDefender is an automatic say goodbye for this bundle. This is based on consideration that tuzec's original do not have this restriction set ("no edit allowed publicly")

Now, on to the matter, time to get dirty I suppose. Apologize for the over one month absence, was busy elsewhere.

15. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm glad you even let the bundle stay on this server to be honest. I guess only time can tell what will happen with this.
    Also, just to make it clear for most of the people, I'm not gonna start another project anymore, because WC Reforged is on its way anyway, and it's hard to tell how'S it gonna work out with custom campaigns and whether people will play WCR or WCIII after the official release of WCR..

16. Lord Esdin

Lord Esdin

Resources:
    Resources:
    I loved the original campaign, this 2 player re-release is awesome

17. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    WCR an WCIII are the exact same game, WC3 will just be a mode that can be activated in the game settings.

18. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @deepstrasz mind if I have you assigned for this campaign review?

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What has been decided?
    Are we putting this in the original campaign thread? Are we letting it in its own?

@Matt V. are the bugs fixed? I mean I am not willing to approve this if there a issues with the game cache e.g. heroes not being properly loaded between levels (their stats, items, level, ability selection etc.).

20. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Putting it separate as the final decision. Merging them would cause so much mess with the original entry. I cannot add ForestDefender since I doubt he actually has an account here.