1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Forgotten War COOP Campaign for 2 players version 1.1

Submitted by ForestDefender, Matt V.
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Link to the original singleplayer version- Forgotten War ver 2.008
Converted by me, Matt V. The original SP campaign was made by ForestDefender and uploaded by Tuzec.
This campaign is for 2 players! sorry about the wrong number shown.

EDIT 18.10.2019- This is the newest version released(1.1). Feel free to let me know about any present bugs/issues, but there shouldn't be too many of the issues anymore. However, I haven't fixed ALL of the bugs I've known about, so I might release a newer version in the future.

So, here it is. My first project.

PLEASE NOTE: I haven't changed too much stuff in this campaign, other than adding a new player, adjusting the terrain(filling empty places with trees/creeps, removing a few cinematics/shortened them/adjusted them to look better), making some models appear smaller(a castle as huge as the screen was NOT okay) and a few necessary tweaks in the triggers.

Known issues, bugs READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING A REVIEW
-Some cinematics might be way too long, with grammar mistakes and not fused
-Some camera angles are done unnaturally
-After a cinematic is finished, in certain levels another pops up once you or your friend select a unit.. I don't know how else should I do that- open for any ideas)
-Ancestral Architect doesn't heal from fountains, but instead heals from being burrowed. I 'might' keep this thing in the game though.
-No save/load mechanic(I am not really thinking about updating it there since you both get various heroes pretty often(except for first 2 levels, but you will be granted items anyway), but I might reconsider in the future.
-As well as no shared upgrades(intentionally, since you get lots of gold anyway) again, might reconsider with further testing
-Some models appear to be way too big on certain maps
-Difficulty might be a bit unbalanced- some levels might be way too easy, some way too hard (even though I have done a lot of testing..)
-I know about the separated cinematics in prologue and in the missions, will take a look at it in later versions.

Features:
-9 COOP missions and 6 cinematics(including Credits)
-Custom made models and very altered naga race
-Variety of map types, from base-building to RPG-style, as well as variety of the landscape
-Unique mechanic- Sunlight Curse
-Unique heroes in most of the missions(except for the first few levels) with special abilities
-Unique units with special abilities
-Unique gameplay
-Rewards for completing quests in most missions
-Constant update and review checking for newer versions
-Skippable cinematics

Features I am about to add/edit:
-Rebalance difficulty after reading your reviews
-Adjust terrain further
-Fuse the cinematics together

Also, it was @FeelsGoodMan and @Daffa the Mage who helped me do this perfectly. I thank them for that!

Version 1.1 changes:
Prologues: Unchanged for now, sorry!
Level 1: Added extra route to get to the end of the level, more gold, adjusted terrain(deleted objects that were blocking the path), made triggers act smoother
Level 2: Adjusted the terrain(no more big mountains, better pathfinding and objectives(units should no longer run far away from the village)
Level 3: P2 no longer loses units after the ritual, AI should behave better, Lizard Shed available for both players now, Red Ventar as well
Level 4: Reduced amount of ambushing units, added a new side quest, smoother triggers, City of Eternal Fire now available for both players,deleted/replaced a few turrets, added an easter egg
Level 5: Quests adjusted to work better, the level is actually completable now(script issues)
Level 6: Quest with Darksun now works properly, removed a few dragons, the level works as intended now(Side quests are actually rewarding)
Level 7: Adjusted quests, Larodar now attacks properly(as well as Demon legions)
Level 8: Quest tweaks, the ship is now obtainable, trolls work as intended
Level 9: More resources, more comfortable Deathwing gameplay
Epilogue and Credits unchanged for now.

Feel free to add a review/commentary of any sort(if you want to inform me of a certain bug or issue, please make sure it's not listed in Known bugs and issues shown here. Thank you!
Contents

Forgotten War0 1st part of Prologue (Map)

Forgotten War0 2nd part of Prologue (Map)

Forgotten War0 3rd part of Prologue (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 1 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 2 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 3 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 4 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 5 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 6 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 7 Interlude (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 7 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 8 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 9 (Map)

Forgotten War- Epilogue (Map)

Forgotten War Credits cinematic (Map)

1. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes 2p Official blizzard campaigns which they invite players to with the creation of their world editor.

Not user created content who gave no such permission.
    Forgotten war 2p could be great sure but he doesnt have permission so lets just ignore it and set a bad precedent anyway!

Thats how you piss off currently active content creators. Because people can edit and upload other peoples stuff and point to this.

Then its allowed to be distibuted anyway until a pissed off creator finds out and has to spend THEIR time to get it taken down when it should of been baseline disallowed in the first place.

Rofl i dont care if your edit is good or bad

Im just telling you that regardless of what mods say you editing someones work without permission is a lack of common decency.

You obviously dont give a shit so that speaks volumes about your character and integrity or lack thereof.

Its unfortunate you couldnt get ahold of ForestDefender about his 15 year old campaign.

That doesnt entitle you to edit it and post his name in credits of HIS campaign you altered and act like its okay if some random mod gives you a nod of approval.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  2. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uhh how exactly have you found out that I "dont give a shit"? If I didn't give a shit, I wouldn't even type original author's name in the description, nor the description of the maps that have FORESTDEFENDER in it. As well as in the file called "Credits".. Also I wouldn't even reply to this, if I didn't care.
    I don't mean to quarrel with you, nor with anyone else.. because there is no need to.

3. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hive rule #2 for map submission states "...no license or message denying people from submitting a version of the map...."

So you using @ on people doesn't really make sense, since as soon as they come here and say they don't want their version uploaded, they are automatically removed from the group of people we are discussing

Mod can only really decided if it is approved or not. As long as author leaves no message about no uploads, it can be uploaded to hiveworkshop.

I don't think you have to be so aggressive. I am not sure if you are aware of this or not, but I had to write Deepstrasz a line that he could upload to the Part 2 of the Coming of the Horde campaign, since you did not put effort into clearly marking who was the author of that campaign. Some might say this was a lack of respect for the author on your part.

upload_2019-8-23_0-20-58.png

2- Winds of the Storm

Don't take this as a personal attack. I am sure you did not mean any disrespect to the author. I am just trying to say that it is unfair of you to judge someone's character so easily, and I don't think toxic writing helps anyone.

4. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ill make sure to include rainbows and hugs next time i call someone out for editing others work.

Oh but there is a need

Also, pardon?

You care about authors wishes so much when you couldnt find him you said fuck it and uploaded anyway.

Because thats whats happening here

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Look at it this way, it's like some musician mixing another's track.

6. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:

And what should have I done? Wait patiently for something that wouldn't most definitely happen, since I didn't manage to contact him?
    I will say this one last time. I will wait for a mod to tell me what to do or what he will do himself.. Or ForestDefender.

I agree to this point of view, but I doubt Anaxie will as well..

7. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    YES

If you couldnt reach him keeping it to yourself and waiting would of been the appropriate and respectful thing to do.

Im sure you tried very hard to find him in that 15 day timespane from account creation to campaign upload.

More whatboutism

Also music is notorious for copyright lawsuits so not the best example

Its an unwritten code of conduct for mod creations for any game to respect and authors wishes and seek their approval before using their work IN ALL GAMES. And its treated as the norm because its common sense.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Think of it as a sort of cover then.

9. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Or even a custom campaign

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    List of countries' copyright lengths - Wikipedia

11. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Were talking about mod communities not law and order.

The point im trying to bore into his head is the general code of conduct which is not to modify other peoples work without permission.

Its a baseline and oldest unwritten rule of user created content.

Doesnt matter of its part of a site rules or not

Its common decency to respect other peoples creations. Not butcher it when they arent around and reupload it

@YourArthas

Hey buddy

Tell these guys about a little bit youre dealing with about a certain someone using your teams Rebirth assets not only without permission but in defiance of it.

12. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think you have made that very clear to me :)

I don't really know how I "butchered" ForestDefender's creation.. by converting it into coop campaign?

I'm not here to speak for people, especially not for mods, but I'd say most of the mods would disagree with this statement of yours.
    And I think I have done all the common decency possible, other than contacting him(which I, again, couldn't and can't do) by mentioning him everywhere I could. That it was all his job, and all I have done was putting another player in and some other editing to improve it a little, which was imho necessary to upload it, because some issues were gamebreaking.

13. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    People need to take a sip and chill for a bit.

Shar for one, as I am already aware, has countlessly expressed his intention to have NO ONE, literally NO ONE, multiple times. That is a clear note that we moderators can go on a quick takedown mode for HIS works. As much as I respect Shar, his opinion has zero value in this campaign's case, since this campaign is not his. Goes for other campaign makers mentioned aside of ForestDefender.

The thing is, this kind of stuff always gets too much trouble than it's worth debating. I would like to know if someone can reach ForestDefender or has means that I can get direct contact with. This can resolve the issue without too much debate and banters. You people debate just doesn't help to reach a logical conclusion at this rate, as both sides will keep defending their option to the bitter end.

To be honest, I have no knowledge of this project. How does my name reach there?

I agree with @tulee when it comes to how you just reached the uploader AFTER you almost finished the work. That's just not how it suppose to be.

I will talk with the team for this particular case. Need to evaluate this through first.

14. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, I'm aware about this not being the best way to do it.. and I have realised it way too late that I should contact him, which was just wrong.. (I haven't done anything like this ever before, so that's probably the case.)

15. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Most of the maps uploaded by Tuzec were by users who who made their campaigns before hiveworkshop was even hiveworkshop I think. Most if not all would not have accounts here, including Forest Defender to my knowledge, so unlikely there is a way to contact him.

16. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ugh, that's gonna be problematic.

17. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @tulee
    Think the only old campaign creators around from the very beggining are razorclaw and outsiderxe although razorclawx mostly keeps his stuff on his area on campaigncreations.org

Its so grand they continue to update and even release new campaigns even in 2019 all the while we have wonderful stuff like malfurions quest,/turno series, curse of forsaken/blood elves and shars arkain

Its still flabbergasted i came into random contact with Deicide and even more astonished that he still had his SoA2 beta and was happy to distribute it thinking no one wanted to play an unfinished SoA sequel after 15 years.

Imagine if Darky28 or Medmapguy suddenly poped up

Although the Dawrf Campaign was semi revived and that thing is older then WoW Vanilla lol

EDIT
    @Shar Dundred
    @Daffa the Mage
    @deepstrasz

Check attached image

Look what i found you were holding out on me Shar

So yeah Daffa problematic indeed.
    Leting him do this to absent authors would mean he would do it to many more in the future since on Aug 3 he wasnt just """trying""" to find Forestdefender but also wanting to Coop Arkain.

Almost positive there are more campaigns on his mind.

Bad precedent indeed.

Anyway i think im done finally!

Screenshot_20190823-112554_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  18. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh come on. I haven't even opened World Editor to attempt to do anything like that. And all I did was that I asked him! Nothing else.. and I would say checking other profiles commentaries and posting images of it is imho also considered "lack of common decency". What were you just doing? Stalking my profile?

19. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A happy accident.

20. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's funny, I do not recall that message. At all. I am pretty sure I did not get an alert.

Probably because it was posted during the trial period of Matt (posted on the day of account
    creation) and therefore had to be approved first. I am pretty sure I did not get an alert else I
    would have responded with something like this:
    "Thank you for the offer but I would prefer creating a coop version of Arkain myself if I want
    such a thing to exist - and I am still not sure whether or not I want such a thing to be created.
    It is a lot of work, yes, but I prefer doing all Arkain related matters myself."

Edit: Also, I did not get an alert again for you tagging me here, @Anaxie. I am starting to be confused about the alert system. Or did you add me in an edit of your post?