1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Forgotten War COOP Campaign for 2 players version 1.1

Submitted by Matt V.
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Link to the original singleplayer version- Forgotten War ver 2.008
Converted by me, Matt V. The original SP campaign was made by ForestDefender and uploaded by Tuzec.
This campaign is for 2 players! sorry about the wrong number shown.

EDIT 18.10.2019- This is the newest version released(1.1). Feel free to let me know about any present bugs/issues, but there shouldn't be too many of the issues anymore. However, I haven't fixed ALL of the bugs I've known about, so I might release a newer version in the future.

So, here it is. My first project.

PLEASE NOTE: I haven't changed too much stuff in this campaign, other than adding a new player, adjusting the terrain(filling empty places with trees/creeps, removing a few cinematics/shortened them/adjusted them to look better), making some models appear smaller(a castle as huge as the screen was NOT okay) and a few necessary tweaks in the triggers.

Known issues, bugs READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING A REVIEW
-Some cinematics might be way too long, with grammar mistakes and not fused
-Some camera angles are done unnaturally
-After a cinematic is finished, in certain levels another pops up once you or your friend select a unit.. I don't know how else should I do that- open for any ideas)
-Ancestral Architect doesn't heal from fountains, but instead heals from being burrowed. I 'might' keep this thing in the game though.
-No save/load mechanic(I am not really thinking about updating it there since you both get various heroes pretty often(except for first 2 levels, but you will be granted items anyway), but I might reconsider in the future.
-As well as no shared upgrades(intentionally, since you get lots of gold anyway) again, might reconsider with further testing
-Some models appear to be way too big on certain maps
-Difficulty might be a bit unbalanced- some levels might be way too easy, some way too hard (even though I have done a lot of testing..)
-I know about the separated cinematics in prologue and in the missions, will take a look at it in later versions.

Features:
-9 COOP missions and 6 cinematics(including Credits)
-Custom made models and very altered naga race
-Variety of map types, from base-building to RPG-style, as well as variety of the landscape
-Unique mechanic- Sunlight Curse
-Unique heroes in most of the missions(except for the first few levels) with special abilities
-Unique units with special abilities
-Unique gameplay
-Rewards for completing quests in most missions
-Constant update and review checking for newer versions
-Skippable cinematics

Features I am about to add/edit:
-Rebalance difficulty after reading your reviews
-Adjust terrain further
-Fuse the cinematics together

Also, it was @FeelsGoodMan and @Daffa the Mage who helped me do this perfectly. I thank them for that!

Version 1.1 changes:
Prologues: Unchanged for now, sorry!
Level 1: Added extra route to get to the end of the level, more gold, adjusted terrain(deleted objects that were blocking the path), made triggers act smoother
Level 2: Adjusted the terrain(no more big mountains, better pathfinding and objectives(units should no longer run far away from the village)
Level 3: P2 no longer loses units after the ritual, AI should behave better, Lizard Shed available for both players now, Red Ventar as well
Level 4: Reduced amount of ambushing units, added a new side quest, smoother triggers, City of Eternal Fire now available for both players,deleted/replaced a few turrets, added an easter egg
Level 5: Quests adjusted to work better, the level is actually completable now(script issues)
Level 6: Quest with Darksun now works properly, removed a few dragons, the level works as intended now(Side quests are actually rewarding)
Level 7: Adjusted quests, Larodar now attacks properly(as well as Demon legions)
Level 8: Quest tweaks, the ship is now obtainable, trolls work as intended
Level 9: More resources, more comfortable Deathwing gameplay
Epilogue and Credits unchanged for now.

Feel free to add a review/commentary of any sort(if you want to inform me of a certain bug or issue, please make sure it's not listed in Known bugs and issues shown here. Thank you!
Contents

Forgotten War0 1st part of Prologue (Map)

Forgotten War0 2nd part of Prologue (Map)

Forgotten War0 3rd part of Prologue (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 1 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 2 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 3 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 4 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 5 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 6 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 7 Interlude (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 7 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 8 (Map)

Forgotten War Mission 9 (Map)

Forgotten War- Epilogue (Map)

Forgotten War Credits cinematic (Map)

1. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You do notice there's an "add map" if you click edit now, right? If not, it's there for you to upload every map to make this bundled.

2. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    ... Now I do :D Thank you Daffa.. all fixed now.. by the way, do you know how to fix the number of players shown up? There are only 2 in the game shown, but not here..

3. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Coop is definitely an exciting direction in terms of custom campaigns.

Some concerns:

-You posted your message on Tuzec's profile 4 days ago. This comes across as really disingenuous, since you had clearly begun working on this long before you sought to get permission to upload another person's work to hiveworkshop.

-You mention adding/editing things that go beyond the coop aspect. This is a little worrying. I mean, why not just leave it at the coop aspect? This campaign is hard enough that "balance" is not really needed. And to what extent will moderators allow edits of other people's work, without permission? We do not want a flood of edits of other people's work, especially when the authors are no longer here to give permission for such alterations.

Good luck with your coop project though.

4. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello, I know this might look weird. However, what am I supposed to do when he hasn't logged in for a year? am I just supposed to wait? I have no problem with deleting this, if it doesn't match the rules or something.. I also tried to find ForestDefender on hive or somewhere else, but I didn't manage to do so. Also, I'm sorry if this is a problem. And of course, if Tuzec says no, I will delete this at once(or any moderator, of course.) Because to be honest, I don't want to wait a year or even more for something that might not even happen, like Tuzec replying to my message.
    And thank you for your commentary!

5. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My comment was more a general question about to what extent hiveworkshop will allow these types of edits to occur, not specifically aimed against you.

As for the save/load system, in the future, I can send you a simple-to-use template that I use for my coop campaign, which can allow you to save/load heroes abilities/items/tomes. You can just copy paste it in. Though there are many other simple save/load systems on hive that might be better.

6. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, of course! You can send it to me on my profile page, so we don't fill this with multiple messages about this topic. I have a few questions though, for example- how does it work? do the items spawn on the ground or do they transfer to the heroes? Because as I said, there are various heroes(except for Ancestral Sage present almost the entire time..)(You can reply to that in my profile page)
    Thanks!

7. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just out of curiosity, I think on your previous version you posted, you were planning on doing coop versions for other custom campaigns on hive. Are you planning on keeping them a secret for now, or are we allowed to ask what you might look at after this project?

8. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I am gonna keep it a secret for now, but all I can tell you is that the original author also hasn't been online for a year now.. and the project will be something something like remake of WCII campaign into WCIII, which I also really enjoyed playing. I will leave the author a message someday, once I consider this COOP campaign finished.. because as I have mentioned, the current project Forgotten War still has a lot to improve.
    Also, I don't want to run out of ideas and get too bored of editing it(that's why I'm also delaying the updates to early-mid september, so I can "refresh" my ideas and the eagerness to fix it and edit it further to make it at least close to perfection)
    But don't worry, I will tell you guys about it sooner or later.(also it depends on the reviews of this campaign, if people will dislike it, there won't be any reason to start a new project.)
    EDIT: WCI, not WCII.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  9. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The idea of coop campaigns is something that is pretty popular I think, it should be received well.

Wc2 remake, ha-ha. I think I know which one~~
    Legacy of the Master
    or
    1- The Coming of the Horde (wc1)

10. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    :D Oh yeah, my bad. I accidentally put one more I in the word WCI.. You are right, that was another campaign I was considering to convert. Buut I'm definitely not gonna bother with it, it's just an idea saved for later(and with approval of Deicide/Herogod, or both.)

11. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Herogod was just a mass uploader when the old warcraft3campaigns site went down once upon a time. he has 0 weight on input on Coming of the Horde

I was working with Deicide in the recent year when i was given his SoA2 Beta campaign to upload. Sequal to his SoA1 coming of the Horde.

Id reccommend against editing the campaign since you intend to do edits beyond co-op

And did you get permission from Forestdefender to edit this campaign?

If not its a wasted effort against the rules.

And since your edits go beyond coop but you want to add a bunch of stuff you should probably just do your own original campaign in my opinion.

Tally ho

12. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Technically, he is allowed to upload it, but if Forestddefender ever requests it be taken down, staff will remove it from hiveworkshop.

Whether moderators will approve/substandard the map is another matter.

I agree though, maybe keep the campaign as faithful to the original as possible. Forgotten War was an excellent campaign, it would not really need extra stuff.

13. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, as I said before in the comments.. I have tried to contact them, I managed to send a message to Tuzec, but I didn't find ForestDefender anywhere.. if I missed him, send me a link to his profile or a way to contact him, I would like to consult it first.
    And once again, as I said, it's all up to the moderators. If they wish to remove this, or won't approve this campaign, so be it. It would be a shame though.
    And if you say it wouldn't be a good idea, then so be it. Good thing I haven't even started yet :D.
    I might edit it again and change the things back to the original way they were(although I haven't made too many changes, only filled the empty places where literally NOTHING was there with trees, and removed trees where they blocked the path for multiple units for no reason.. because I found it was a shame there were so many empty places. Oh, and removed a few cinematics too(or fixed them for the players not be able to manipulate with units in the cinematics, which was very annoying when me and Fallby(a friend of mine) were testing it.)

14. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Would Shar or Razorclaw be happy if their arkain or wanderers of sorceria stuff we reuploaded by another person with edits?

A person should have to come back to defend their work after its been distributed in edited form after the fact?

I think not

Not a fan of this. If he cant reach forestdefender.

Too bad?

Tuzec is not the creator . Tuzec has 0 input on Forgotten War. He cant give you permission to even change the grammar let al9ne edit it in entirety.

This campaign predates hiveworkshops existence

You cant reach the creator but that doesnt give you any validation to edit their work in any fashion. Tuzec did not make this campaign.

Editing and distribution for download without their knowledge and honestly the Foredt Defender probably will never know since its a 20 year old campaign.

Make your own campaign and original concepts.

15. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ahhh, those kind of changes. I thought you were radically changing stuff.

16. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    So what are you saying then? To remove this? I will wait for a mod to show up anyway, since they are the ones to judge.. And I thought it would be good to contact at least *someone*, and tuzec was my only possibility other than ForestDefender.

17. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All they would need to do is request it be taken down.

I think you mean "shouldn't". Well, it is like adverse possession/squatting--- people can literally steal your property if you do not use it. I know this is a terrible example, but one of the reasons the onus is placed on the "victims" is because it is not productive to have things forever belong to one person and not be "used".

He have proper credits and everything. I don't think this can be interpreted as stealing in anyway.

18. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I mean your original intent was heavy edits with your campaign description.

People have to get express permission for just translations of campaigns from creators

This is far disconnected from anything i would think is acceptable but you do you.

@OutsiderXE
    @Shar Dundred
    @Razorclaw_X
    @tomoraider
    @Turnro

How would you feel about edits to your work without being asked if you were unable to be found.

He wants to do co-op and

Features I am about to add/edit:
    -Easter eggs, secrets
    -More encounters
    -More rewarding quests
    -Rebalance difficulty after reading your reviews
    -Adjust terrain further
    -Fuse the cinematics together

19. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If they come back and request is be taken down, then mods take it down.

If I am not mistaken, you are the one who uploaded the Mathias campaign series to hive. Did you ask Potato for his permission? :p