• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forest Troll Dreg

A simple Forest Troll worker and pillager, ready to light the way for their warrior brothers.

Feel free to use this model, but remember to credit me.

Keywords:
Forest Troll, Troll, Worker, Peasant, Peon, Builder, Pillager, Horde
Contents

Forest Troll Dreg (Model)

Reviews
Misha 1st Dec 2013 Moderator's Review: Nice little useful model

Roland

R

Roland

I like the Model, but the Animations are slow. But I really like the model!

Keep up the great work, amigo! :D

I tried to keep them slow, he's a worker, not a warrior. For the most part, I was trying to keep it similar to the normal worker models.

Edit:
OH, before I forget to add this in, each of these Forest Troll models will be geared specifically towards the abilities and traits I'd had in mind for them. For example, the Dreg is a slow mover and bad combatant, but in exchange for that, he also has uses in combat. Leading the way at night with his torch, aswell as burning down buildings.

Level 16
Edit:
OH, before I forget to add this in, each of these Forest Troll models will be geared specifically towards the abilities and traits I'd had in mind for them. For example, the Dreg is a slow mover and bad combatant, but in exchange for that, he also has uses in combat. Leading the way at night with his torch, aswell as burning down buildings.
That seems very well thought indeed, it introduces an originality to a new race.
Mind if I ask though, is there a project you're working on? Such as a campaign or a custom race?. Or you're just modelling, for the fun of it :)
Either way I think it looks more realistic than the stock worker units (personally I hate how blizz made the orc peon and human peasant, they look cartoon-ish).

Level 24
The ears seem to be a bit small for an Amani Troll and as Misha said it does seem to have a slightly human face but it's a very good looking model.

Level 7
I agree with what others have said already. The head and face should be a bit more trollish, mainly by stretching the ears and the head a bit.

Also, yeah, like Roland said, the animations are fine but they're a bit stiff. I understand that you want to keep the animations slow to keep that non-combat unit feel, but the walk animation in particular could, honestly, use a bit more work.

I've noticed also that in the attack-slam and stand-gold-2 animations, the flame becomes separated from the torch.

Beyond that, I really like the model and think it's a nice concept you have for a troll worker.

Why not check out the animations? I did the entire model in a single day, I'm curious to see what the general opinion is on my work.

and i did. i really like them :) the issue with his human-ish head shape really isn't a big deal. but it could be cool to tweak if you wish.

btw.. he has attack slam, but what if he carries gold, or lumber, and uses something that uses the anim? Oo whatever he carries, disappears for a bit.

that is something to tweak, i think? and easy?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
This is neat! I like the idea of a separate sort of "Warcraft-3-esque" faction; "Wildland Alliance" ain't too shabby! (Might be difficult to find usage for it directly in Wc3, mayhaps, but I doubt you're concerned with that. :p)

This worker is a good addition to the resource section, and to the Trolls specifically; it's a unique take in a world where everyone does
1. Take some mesh
2. Transfer Peon/Peasant anims
3. ???
4. Profit!
The torch, the back-box, and the interesting face are all a part of this.

If you're asking about animations, I'd say there generally pretty dang good (amateur here). I'd really have to try them in-game... But in lieu of that, I'd say it's all cool. The Walk seems a bit janky, perhaps, and the lack of "Attack Slam - Gold/Lumber" would be problematic (y'gotta consider all the options; even though no sane person would send resource-filled workers into battle, what about a surprise raid?... Extenuating circumstances). The Stand2 has such character (ACHOO!) :p.

The mesh seems a bit weird (nonexistant ears, pinched face, WAERS MAH MOHAWK? (kidding, some originality is nice (though he could do with hair somewhere (perhaps some low-ranking braids down one side?)))), but all in all, I'm having a hard time wondering whether I should texture-swap this guy into a Jungle Troll & use him for my Trolls (ironically, he would be replacing my current model, also made by you. Lol, thanks again).

Level 13
This is really cool it doesnt look like a troll but I still love it, I might use this too if theres an icon for it.

Last edited: