• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Footwoman

Reactions: deepstrasz
I was off camping all weekend, and while I was gone I got another "brilliant" idea. I had made a female grunt, but not a female footman. So, now that everything is up and running and I have updated my female grunt, I now present the Footwoman. Uses all ingmae textures. I realy like the portrait, but I think it's a bit hard to see.

Keywords:
Woman, Gaurd, Alliance, Armor, Footman
Contents

Footwoman (Model)

Footwoman (Model)

Reviews
14:22, 9th Sep 2008 Pyritie: Fix the unwrap on her legs. Also make the texture two-sided. 11th Sep 2008 Pyritie: Changes made, resource approved.

M

14:22, 9th Sep 2008
Pyritie: Fix the unwrap on her legs. Also make the texture two-sided.

11th Sep 2008
Pyritie: Changes made, resource approved.

Level 4
uhhh....ok the chest part is rlly weird,,,... try using the footman texture but adding the bulges and all the changes but still. 3/5

Level 31
Try some reqrapping the boobs so they have rings around them.

"rewrapping"? and why would I want rings?

And add her a new helmet that doesn't cover the whole face.

Footmen in WC3 have helmets like that. This is suposed to be a female version, so I tried not to deviate form the design to much.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick. I know there is stuff off about it. i'll let it sit here for another day then see what else people have said. If there are some good suggestions on how to fix it(or if py has said it's unacceptable), I'll probably do them.

Level 1
i got it!!!
make her look exactly like the wow female footman ( without tabard )
by giving her same height and body structure as the grunt female.
also give her night elf sentry anims:pal:

Level 17
The main difference in the armor is, the armorpieces are alot smaller on the female. Take the shoulders for example.
Try reducing size on shoulders and make her legs, arms and torso thinner, so that she looks a bit taller and more feminine.
The shoulders(not armor) are too wide, making her look like an ogre o_O

Level 5
I think its an excellent idea and one worth continuing work on. It could be used for a female character in an RPG, or represent a Human kingdom's need to draft females in the face of Undead or Orc attacks. I recommend making some kind of design on her breasts to make them stand out, like the yellow line from the helmet but in two rings on her chest... lol, well it would work at making her more distinguishable from a male.

Level 5
To differ from the male model but not lose the theme try giving her some different weapons maybe a round or tower shield and a spearm or just keep a sword,

usually a woman would have lighter armour and that also means a lighter shield

I like that she resembles the normal footman, its like a woman in disguise, like that Disney Movie MULAN. She just needs to be made slightly more feminine. I dunno, put some junk in her trunk or something.

Level 13
Make it thiner, personally it looks like an overfed footman, to stout to be considered a female. Decrease the size of the breasts, (they look way to big) and shade them. I think that should fix it.
I like the idea anyways :D

Level 1
I don't like the Boobs ( . Y . ) 4/5 but I dowloaded it. :)

Not much of a lady's man, are ya Trebek? :wink:

But seriously, you could really bring out her femininity a bit more; full-armored is fine 'cause women need protective gear too (especially against my armies, fwahaha!) In my opinion, emphasis really needs to be on her figure. She has a bit of a big, masculine build, and although there are big women out there, the male model works fine for Butch the Man-Eater.

She just has too broad of a build... And huge boots. Plus her posture and movement is too masculine. Examining some of the existing female models might give you some better ideas for form and posture

As for the portrait model, it works. Given she has a full helmet on, I could still kinda tell that was supposed to be a female. Not with sufficient confidence that in a real life situation I'd go up to her and ask for a date, but enough that she's believable.

Level 3
HAHAHA LOVED YOUR GRUNT FEMALE ONE

altho i never used it -_-

it looked good. altho, i think grunt skin whouldve been better then sentry one.,...(i pretty much figured it out from body shape)

now this one is from foot man i can see, this is what can be done---

1. face- if you know fire emblem, well most units(not enemy/allies) dont use helmets.. but for new Wii ones, like nepheenee, they got helmet that covers most top of face. and letting long hair comming at back of helmet.

i find those style alot, and warcraft version of hair in pony tail was barly used in history, as most soldiers just let there hair how ever it wants, but mostly shaved since if it get stuck on helmet, OUCH.:cry:

ill say give like huntress helmet. that will be good enough. :thumbs_up:

2. now, females are generaly physical ability is harder to grow. (as thats why females were mostly them selves wanting to join, or in like emergency as if washington DC is attacked by alien...) so females wont be able to be holding heavy plate armors, but lighter chain mails.

chain mails are armors effective against arrow type of pierce weapons, but very weak against slash weapon and bash weapons.

and males use plate armor in chest, and chain around face, with some plate inside of chain. well... its chainmail inside and plate out side, since plate dont get much damage from arrow holes, but chain get great damage is its cut in half.:eekani:

like HOMM5's squire, chain mails are used. and i think females will be using chain mails, becuase---

- breast plates are reather flat to dodge easily of upcomming attacks. and straps to push the breasts is pretty much very un comfortable, unless you have been like that for like 2 years, when her body will accept that it should be flat. (or just cut them off if she cares only in fight. like amazons):xxd:

chainmails are not solid, but much of like liquid. small particles of chains are connected, which creats comfortable armor for female, and dont require straps to wear it, and for general types, they will get breast plate specially made (by just guessing the size of breast poped out, then make special mold of armor.):xxd:

oh, and most warcraft units got box shape of giant boobs. i think altho its not normal, but normal size will make it more weird due to warcraft main theme of boobs. try of size of huntress or sentry's breast. they are normal sizes. not like sylvanas with ant belly and pig breast -_-:con::hohum:
3.weapons and shield- females use shields, but females should be using light swords, not like

cloud from FF7. those swords are two hand swords, mostly hard for man to hold with one hand. and there is smaller version of those. scimitor something. its kind of arabian.
or, there can be long swords. female can use average swords, which are light.

i think original foot mans are using long sword types, as sword is long as shield. normal sword length for footman/squires are long as there arm. long swords are long as toe to belly. and shields are long as ground to shoulders.
:spell_breaker:
so females would be like some rambo to be like original footmans.(ill say orcs are some radioactive humans.)

females were mostly used in archers, with round shield at both arms.

if they HAVE to be fighter, it would mostly be like katana type, but since europe never had those, probobally sabre/rapier type of armer piercing swords. very light, which let them give very good stab rate.

so sabre or light slim swords with hand shields at both arms

defend activity can be .... well lets go like arm shield of right hand, and part of sword. females should look like scouts or raider type, by using there smaller body.

5. butt

butt is pretty much most weird part, as females got bigger size, and in war, you cant seem to notice it.

its cause of capes.

most foot units and horse units use cape for protection against poison , thorn type of very small particle attacks.

and butt parts are mostly covered.

other then tat, the skirts (yes. males were mini skirts too. for an leg plate and butt plate comfort, and heat resistance. as you know how it feels if your dixx get warm, and then it catch on fire. :razz::eek:)

i think that covers most part of our new female party.

(i think we got enough female models and skins to make female only faction O_O)

ps- most people get confuesed in weapon types---

arthas's frost somethin- rune sword
footman- long swords
knights- flagpole(?) looking cavaly charge long lance and normal sword.
grunt- normal fire axe
admiral proudmoor- scimitor
grom helscream- hatchet. (weirdo -_-)

ps2. arthas's frosty sword is exactly what broad sword is, but since it has magical power, it is counted as rune swords. magic swords arent cool enough :xxd:

need more info, them PM me, as i will check when ever i feel like it as i kinda quited warcraft due to my frozen thrown or reign of chaos CD key is hacked and cant use battle net, and most usemaps and skins here owns protector, which cause me unable to load it up in map editor, so i can save it and play it.

ps. the nature call:spider queen was only campain that worked, and gave me happy 10 days of playing O_O

Level 3
ps. i cant understand why grunts are stronger then footman while they are naked

i think it is a really good idea try making the helmet a little bit more like circular..and little..i dont know why u made some a good model like *grent* but u can't make this better..i dont see the humans sending their womans to war hey are usually mages or warrior mages...u can use the sorceress mdf..changue anims,clothes and add some weaps..also will help take out the elven ears and changue a little bit the face..well u know very creative has used the succubus model to make the female grunt