• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Follhell (town template)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Medieval town beside swamps
Created by Monyammm

Map Info:

96x96 Map showing the medieval city and its surroundings. I tried to convey the gloomy atmosphere of that time, by using a lot of import. I do not know what else to say, it's better to see for yourself.
I apologize for the terrible design, bad english and the names of doodads on russian.
Hope you enjoy.

full
full
full
full
full
full
Deleted unnecessary information in the description, removed all units from the map, added one more screenshot.
Contents

Follhell (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
I would really want you to remove such comments in the description: "I apologize for the terrible design, bad english and the names of doodads on russian. I'm 15 y.o stupid russian school-boy, I'm really ashamed to spread this map." Try if you can to...
deepstrasz
Because the new patch doesn't kiss very well with the one you've used to make the map, a lot of green squares are seen in the editor and in the game. This needs fixing. Awaiting Update. Thanks @nightelfbuilder for reporting.
Here are my thoughts on your template.
  • You should really add pathing blockers to the edges of the structure cause everyone just looks like a ghost and just walks through the wall.
  • You should really lessen the units that you placed in the map since it is a template and people will have a hard time looking at the terrain.
  • The overall aesthetics of the map is very well done.
P.S where did you find those skull statue with a sword that you used in the walls, been trying to find those for ages.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I would really want you to remove such comments in the description: "I apologize for the terrible design, bad english and the names of doodads on russian. I'm 15 y.o stupid russian school-boy, I'm really ashamed to spread this map."
Try if you can to at least reset the name of those doodads which are in Cyrillic.
There's a lot of pathing blocker to be placed as @nightelfbuilder mentioned. Surely, this can be done by the template user too.
I think there's a doodad (which looks like a unit) or unit (with Locust) which cannot be selected.
Usually templates do not require units as those are placed by user afterwards. However, they can all be deleted in two moves and the unit object data reset/replaced. Only thing is left to do after, is to delete all unit models in the import manager. Units should normally be on a template map if they are designed to work with triggers.

I suggest you also upload (using the green Update button at the bottom of the opening post) a clean version alongside with no custom+imported object data (no unit models, icons etc.) with only terrain and doodads.

Awaiting Update.

---------------

EDIT: please specify what you change when you update.

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

EDIT: changes made,
Approved.

Last edited: